Disneyland app update

So, How was it? Did the update help at all? Were there any glitches?
Ah, yes: thanks for the reminder :-).

I didn't see any big changes. The app has always been unstable and would crash on me regularly. I think that only happened twice yesterday. A friend and I both noticed that the various options (such as FPs) would always be in a different place every time the app was opened. Very annoying. Otherwise, it seemed to be fine.

I did the update and now I can’t do ADR’s on my phone. I have a new phone, so I don’t think that is the problem. Anyone else having this issue?

I did the update and now I can’t do ADR’s on my phone. I have a new phone, so I don’t think that is the problem. Anyone else having this issue?
I believe they’re unrelated. I was still able to make/modify dining reservations right after the update. It’s only the last 2 days that I’m getting an error.

Granted we don't head down until July, but I play around on the app and since the update I can't look at the menus and have an error message that keeps popping up about ADRs and that I can't make or change on the app.

Granted we don't head down until July, but I play around on the app and since the update I can't look at the menus and have an error message that keeps popping up about ADRs and that I can't make or change on the app.

I have not updated mine yet-- and I can't make ADRs on the app. I think it is a system wide problem- not just the updated version.

I had been using a iPhone 6 with the app. I have only actually been in the parks with it for 2 trips. But I often use it at home to check things and get an idea for planning passes. In the last 2 months when I would open the app it would sit there for a while and then just disappear. I would open it again and the second time it would sit there a little while and open correctly.

Now, my iPhone 6 battery has rapidly been losing its capacity over the last 2 weeks. I decided to get a new one since I've had this for several years. I got a XS. Now the app opens right up very rapidly and works smooth as silk. So, its very likely a processor performance problem with older devices. Those apps are performing billions of operations per second (well, on the newer processors). So if your performance is several years outdated it will be sluggish and sometimes just crash.

It is a reality that as devices, computers, etc have gotten more powerful, the programs have gotten more complex and need that extra speed to just perform as intended. That eventually leaves the older hardware behind and its time to upgrade. Its not a conspiracy to make you buy new devices, but it is a choice of programmers to create more powerful apps that delight the customers.

I had been using a iPhone 6 with the app. I have only actually been in the parks with it for 2 trips. But I often use it at home to check things and get an idea for planning passes. In the last 2 months when I would open the app it would sit there for a while and then just disappear. I would open it again and the second time it would sit there a little while and open correctly.

Now, my iPhone 6 battery has rapidly been losing its capacity over the last 2 weeks. I decided to get a new one since I've had this for several years. I got a XS. Now the app opens right up very rapidly and works smooth as silk. So, its very likely a processor performance problem with older devices. Those apps are performing billions of operations per second (well, on the newer processors). So if your performance is several years outdated it will be sluggish and sometimes just crash.

It is a reality that as devices, computers, etc have gotten more powerful, the programs have gotten more complex and need that extra speed to just perform as intended. That eventually leaves the older hardware behind and its time to upgrade. Its not a conspiracy to make you buy new devices, but it is a choice of programmers to create more powerful apps that delight the customers.
Thanks for the feedback. Very thoughtful!

:wizard:

Those apps are performing billions of operations per second (well, on the newer processors). So if your performance is several years outdated it will be sluggish and sometimes just crash.

While I appreciate you giving us developers a bit of a pass, most of this isn’t true at all. Most of the excess processor power has been wasted by programmer inefficiency and laziness not from needing to perform billions of operations per second.

Most of the hang ups people are experiencing is probably related to poor networking code that is unable to handle the flaky networking on mobile networking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter