Disneyland and "limited time only" characters. They should do away with this habit

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have never figured out why Disneyland brings out new characters as "limited time only" characters then the character becomes rare to find or retires for no reason and I think this habit should stop because when new characters arrive they are easy to find and get photos and autographs at first but then soon after they appear the characters are huge but then become hard to find to get photos and meet and greets to get autographs for. Is it because Disneyland is trying to turn these type of meet and greets into personal meet and greets for people who do the Disneyland guided tours more and do less with the regular visitors to the park. Take for example when DCA launched the Onward Meet And Greet where fans could meet Ian and Barley it was a smash hit but when Disneyland closed due to the pandemic the meet and greet for Onward was no longer seen and now that the park has reopened and meet and greets have resumed Ian and Barley have become rare characters to find now and meet and greet and I seem to think that this Onward meet and greet wasn't promoted well enough. A second character that has caught my attention is Moon Knight and when the show debuted on Disney+ Moon Knight made his debut and soon gained huge popularity among fans but soon after the show ended Moon Knight was impossible to find to take photos with and meet and greet and I think he was a limited time only character at Disneyland as well. And do you think that now that the new Doctor Strange movie is out America Chavez and Wanda will no longer do meet and greets and photos and become rare to find? I think Disneyland needs to quit this habit of these limited time only characters because this is worse than the characters that are exclusive for Chase Disney Visa cardholders only. I mainly think the reason for Disneyland doing this was for people who collect Disney character autographs to get their hands on collecting these character autographs because I can guarantee that they are collectible Disney autographs for fans. But what I think they do is they retire the character then bring the character for special occasions or events similar to what DCA did with Hawkeye. This is an annoying habit that Disneyland needs to quit doing to people in my opinion

I think why Disneyland has limited time only characters when the film or cartoon series debuts is a way for them to make more money for promoting the characters or movies or shows. But I noticed that even though the movies are successful Disney seems to retire the characters and you are limited to see one character from that movie. Take for example when The Princess And The Frog debuted Disneyland debuted Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen and Louis characters and Prince Naveen was easy to find as well as Louis but now when you go to Disneyland you can no longer see Prince Naveen give autographs or do meet and greets with Tiana and Louis also did meet and greets and autographs but now the only two characters from The Princess And The Frog that you see are Tiana and Dr. Facilier. I think Prince Naveen was a limited time only character that should've gotten more meet and greet promotion. And the same thing with Aladdin because when Aladdin came out people had the chance to meet Aladdin and Jasmine and Jafar and Genie and Abu but you never ever see Genie or Abu and it's always Aladdin and Jasmine and Genie and Abu never show up at Disneyland much anymore and also were for a limited time only. If Disneyland would quit this annoying habit with characters and bring back some favorites such as Dodger from Oliver And Company Roger Rabbit or even have Elliott from Pete's Dragon this would be a huge success for Disneyland if they did this instead of retiring limited time only characters

What could really work for Disneyland to do to quit this annoying habit of limited time only characters is to promote them a lot more because as I mentioned before in my posts on this subject Disneyland should bring back some favorite characters such as Darkwing Duck Roger Rabbit Scrooge McDuck and Quasimodo and Esmeralda from The Hunchback Of Notre Dame and others. Because I think the main reason why Disneyland retires limited time only characters is so people can get their hands on that character's autograph because for people collecting character autographs especially of hard to find characters is like finding a rare baseball card of certain baseball players is rare to find and are a must have. What I also cannot figure out is why Disneyland does not have all the characters of a movie be released at the same time then become hard to find. Take for instance when Beauty And The Beast came out Belle and Beast came out along with Gaston and Mrs. Potts Cogsworth and Lumiere but now the only Beauty And The Beast characters you see in Disneyland are Belle Beast and Gaston and none of the Enchanted Objects are featured anymore. I think those characters were limited time only when the film came out in 1991 and they retired for no reason but if Disneyland quit this habit it would improve getting to meet characters and get autographs easily

I can guarantee if Disneyland brought back some familiar characters and not make them appear for a limited time only I can bet people would be very happy indeed. Because if they had a meet and greet with Pete and Elliott from Pete's Dragon people would enjoy it and getting Pete's autograph would be a treasure itself and not for a limited time only. Or what if Disneyland brought back Dodger from Oliver And Company as part of a celebration honoring some of Disney's best movie dogs and I could tell you a Dodger meet and greet would be awesome for people especially Billy Joel fans to do and it would gain high marks indeed. I think as I mentioned in my posts in this thread Disneyland I think is trying to get the limited time only characters for the guests that do the Disneyland tours and if they quit this limited time only character habit they would improve themselves a lot better. And another thing I have to say is that if this habit was gone the lines for character meet and greets would also be improved gracefully

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter