Disneyland and DCA really need to rethink their mobile ordering / cashless system. It's now counter effective

Yes you can cancel and change the reservation window if one is still available. Your card isn’t charged until you hit “here prepare my order”.

No, your card is charged immediately. DH placed a couple orders and changed his mind and cancelled them, but I got the charge alert text on my phone immediately. It drops off your pending charges if you cancel it, though.

No, your card is charged immediately. DH placed a couple orders and changed his mind and cancelled them, but I got the charge alert text on my phone immediately. It drops off your pending charges if you cancel it, though.
True! Ive seen the pending charge when I used Apple Pay, but just didn’t consider it official until you purchased the item. When you hit “here prepare order” that’s when you get the email that it’s complete.

Just a friendly reminder to please keep on topic and not let this get political! Thanks!

I'm sorry but saying Disney isn't paying enough when they are paying $20/hour for food service is crazy! That is higher than most other places pay for food service. People are getting paid more to stay home from the government and that is the reason places are having trouble hiring workers. The states that have removed the extra benefits are having a huge boost in employment. Those are the facts.

14 and 15 year old baby sitters are getting paid $20 - $25 an hour tax free. Disney can easily afford to pay more if they want. I have no problem if they increase prices to cover the cost. I expect Disney to provide a dining experience far better than the competition.

It's a pre-authorization. Not an actual charge. The real charge goes through when you click "I'm here".

I have my account set up to alert me for, well. Everything. So I get a specific alert about the pre-authorization. I then get a second alert about the charge once I click "I'm here". The system is just checking to make sure it can charge you when it's allowed to.

Note that I'm using a CC. A debit card or gift card might function different for how long a pre-authorization takes to clear.

It's a pre-authorization. Not an actual charge. The real charge goes through when you click "I'm here".

I have my account set up to alert me for, well. Everything. So I get a specific alert about the pre-authorization. I then get a second alert about the charge once I click "I'm here". The system is just checking to make sure it can charge you when it's allowed to.

Note that I'm using a CC. A debit card or gift card might function different for how long a pre-authorization takes to clear.

I use a Chase credit card and I never get a second alert.

Does anyone know if mobile orders code as food on credit cards (specifically Amex cards)

I didn't use my Amex at all since I have a 5% back on Disney, fuel, restaurant, grocery, and travel purchases right now on my Disney Visa, but it did code all mobile order purchases as "food and drink" on that one for what that information is worth.

On 4/30, we put in an order for dole whip at the Tropical Hideaway. Never actually clicked “I’m here” (we forgot about it, otherwise we would have cancelled because hopefully that opens up availability?)

At the end of the day, I got an email that the order had been cancelled that says, “You will not be charged.” I didn’t get any other emails about that order. Not sure about the credit card and whether anything went pending at any point, but we didn’t get charged for it in the end.

I'm sorry but saying Disney isn't paying enough when they are paying $20/hour for food service is crazy! That is higher than most other places pay for food service. People are getting paid more to stay home from the government and that is the reason places are having trouble hiring workers. The states that have removed the extra benefits are having a huge boost in employment. Those are the facts.

Do you think they should be paid less than that? To deal with thousands of people a day to barely make ends meet? We want CMs to be happy and cheerful all day, and I bet they would be more inclined to do so if they didn’t have to worry about making enough money to pay rent. And it’s not a situation where paying more would cause the company to go out of business. Disney could 100% afford to pay more; they just don’t want to. Those are also the facts.

14 and 15 year old baby sitters are getting paid $20 - $25 an hour tax free. Disney can easily afford to pay more if they want. I have no problem if they increase prices to cover the cost. I expect Disney to provide a dining experience far better than the competition.

Yep, this! I charge at least $25/hour to babysit these days (though not tax free sadly; I claim the income). And families will pay it. People would still pay the price if Disney increased prices a bit more to cover higher employment costs. Or just take some from the higher ups lol but that will never happen.

FWIW I did walk-up at Smoke Jumper’s Grill on Monday.

Menu was terrible, but kiddo got her Mac and cheese so it wasn’t all bad.

I think tips for folks going in the next few weeks = pack your park fanny pack like you’re going hiking (nuts, trail mix, handi snacks, etc…), and plan for 15-25 minutes after hitting “I’m here” when it seems to be peak mealtime.

But peak is weird to define, I thought Flo’s would be packed at 8pm but my food popped up as ready about 1-2 minutes after hitting “I’m here” so there’s that.

Do you think they should be paid less than that? To deal with thousands of people a day to barely make ends meet? We want CMs to be happy and cheerful all day, and I bet they would be more inclined to do so if they didn’t have to worry about making enough money to pay rent. And it’s not a situation where paying more would cause the company to go out of business. Disney could 100% afford to pay more; they just don’t want to. Those are also the facts.

I’m curious what the upper point of a ticket or food item is. If food prices increased $2 an item or something I would be wildly upset and probably wouldn’t get any “snacks” (my meals are all table service anyway usually). At the same time Disney has been increasing park tickets in an effort to control demand and while people seem to have still been paying, I recall a lot of outcry last time there was a price bump. Honestly I can’t imagine a family of four going, that must be insane. I usually am solo or just with a single guest so paying for MaxPass and stuff doesn’t hurt as much. I fully suspect as MaxPass becomes more popular the price of that will keep moving up. A single day park hopper with max pass in June would be almost $230…. Almost $1,000 for two parents and two kids over 10 years old. How much more could they bump prices?

(also, when you look at those prices the AP program was downright CHEAP. $650 to $800 for a AP is crazy when you compare to single day tickets. I wonder if Disney is more focused on extracting more revenue out of AP programs than anything. )

I’m curious what the upper point of a ticket or food item is. If food prices increased $2 an item or something I would be wildly upset and probably wouldn’t get any “snacks” (my meals are all table service anyway usually). At the same time Disney has been increasing park tickets in an effort to control demand and while people seem to have still been paying, I recall a lot of outcry last time there was a price bump. Honestly I can’t imagine a family of four going, that must be insane. I usually am solo or just with a single guest so paying for MaxPass and stuff doesn’t hurt as much. I fully suspect as MaxPass becomes more popular the price of that will keep moving up. A single day park hopper with max pass in June would be almost $230…. Almost $1,000 for two parents and two kids over 10 years old. How much more could they bump prices?

They don’t need to increase prices that much to pay a higher wage. And there may be outcry from some, but many others will happily pay it. We live 6 hours away, in the Bay Area, and save for months in order to afford going for just 2 days. If we’re willing to do it on a below-median income for our area, I guarantee others are willing to do it too. A few extra dollars won’t bother me for a once a year trip.
If they wanted/needed more employees, they could do it. It’s not like Disney is some small business where they can’t afford to pay $20+/hour. Same goes for Walmart or other huge corporations; they just don’t want to do it. Don’t get me wrong, I understand why they don’t want to. But they don’t actually have a good reason not to pay better, other than they know they can pay less and still have people willing to work (for now at least)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter