Disneyland - airport? Transport to park area?

Jennyliztx

Earning My Ears
My family is looking at taking our first trip to Disneyland in August. We go to WDW annually, so we have that routine down but wanted to take the boys to Cars Land so we thought we would try DL.

We will be staying at one of the Disney hotels and won't be going to any surrounding areas so we want to avoid the hassle of trying to rent a wheelchair van. My husband has a spinal cord injury and uses a motorized chair. He can transfer from the chair if the situation is right (certain attractions) but cannot stand or walk at all.

I'm wondering about transportation options from the airport to the parks. It appears that most people recommend flying into John Wayne. How would we get from there to the Disney hotels? I have been unable to find very much info on this on the internet. Once at the Disney hotel area, we can walk between parks and hotel, correct? We would love it if we could get from park to park without fighting the wheelchairs on buses while also battling our stroller nightmare.

I would really appreciate any help or advice you can share.

Thanks!
Jennifer

John Wayne (SNA) is closer than Los Angeles (LAX). You can get Super Shuttle from either to your hotel. Also, from LAX there is regular coach bus service (luggage underneath). With SS you can reserve an accessible van, and most of the LAX buses are also lift-equipped.

Dlsneyland and California Adventure are about 100 yards apart so there's no bus needed. You go through Downtown Disney to get there. If you're staying at the Grand Californian there's an entrance from the hotel right into California Adventure. Definitely better than hassling with the buses in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter