• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** September 2-4, 2011 ** Check-In

You'll be just fine. For me these marathons are move for fun than a race. Just have fun and don't fall below the required pace.

Totally true. I have run all the DL halfs and two WDW marathons. The environment is great for runners and walkers of every speed. For most of these I race them, so I don't get to enjoy as much as you who get to savor it more. But, last year I was injured just before the half and could not race it. So, I decided to go ahead and run it in costume (relatively slowly). It was so much fun to interact with the people more and a total blast to go in costume.

I plan to keep racing the half as many years as my body allows, but am looking forward to Goofy in 2013, where I will likely run both at a more reasonable pace and very likely do them in costume.

Reep, welcome! What are you wearing for a costume? I am dressing as Belle from Beauty and the Beast, my Mom is the Evil Queen from Snow White, and my SIL is going ot be Ariel :)

Reep, welcome! What are you wearing for a costume? I am dressing as Belle from Beauty and the Beast, my Mom is the Evil Queen from Snow White, and my SIL is going ot be Ariel :)

This year I'm back to racing the half marathon, so I'll be dressing like a runner.

But, for the 5k I'm going as Obi Wan, D10 is going as Padme, and D8 is going as Anakin. D8 is a first timer, so I let her pick the theme. Just happened to fit with the race theme too. Can't wait to hit Star Tours after the race (in costume). I really considered going as Chewbacca, but was worried I would get dehydrated or heat stroke, and the $400 for a good costume was a bit much. However, the proportions would have been perfect.

This year I'm back to racing the half marathon, so I'll be dressing like a runner.

But, for the 5k I'm going as Obi Wan, D10 is going as Padme, and D8 is going as Anakin. D8 is a first timer, so I let her pick the theme. Just happened to fit with the race theme too. Can't wait to hit Star Tours after the race (in costume). I really considered going as Chewbacca, but was worried I would get dehydrated or heat stroke, and the $400 for a good costume was a bit much. However, the proportions would have been perfect.

:welcome:

I'm doing my first Disneyland 1/2 marathon, and 4 half overall. Right now, I'm figuring to be in right about 3 hours.
With a bib number like #62, I'm guessing you can be real fast if you want to race it. Sounds like a cute set of costumes for the 5K

That sounds so cute! Are you guys running together or on your own?

NO, we are all running the half seperately. My SIL injured her knee and is on the mend, my mom wants to PR, and I want to take pics with characters,if possible, lol... :goodvibes

:welcome:
I'm guessing you can be real fast if you want to race it.

I've had some good ones. Last year was hard because it was the first year since the inaugural where the weather was nice (below 65 at the start).

Forecast is for 61 as of now. That would be super.

Did anyone from the Dis get in on the "one-on-one training advice from official runDisney training consultant and former Olympian Jeff Galloway" posted on the Disney Parks blog this morning?

Joe Alvarez
Frank Balogh
Tami Boehm
Jennifer Fitzgerald
Cori Hoch
Lynnette Johnson
Patrick Lazatin
Jennifer Lazzaro
Linda Mathis
Robert Mathis
Deb May
Andrea Meyers
Jennifer Micklash
Shannon Moreno
Lynn Morris
Jami Santore
Jim Smith II
Elizabeth Strickland
Megan Sullivan
Gina Swanson
Julia Tillery
Katie Toledo
Lynda Trujillo
Richard Valles
Andrew Ware

I fi were, I probably wouldn't mention it because I wouldn't want my last name spammed all over the boards.

Can't believe the 5K is in one week!

Hi - Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great trip and a fun race next weekend!

Kris

Just popping in to say hi and share some excitement!

We're leaving Friday for my first trip to DL - I've done the WDW half twice and the Goofy once, but this will be our first time doing the C2C. :banana: I'm really looking forward to this trip A LOT! It'll be our first time away from our 13 month old son, which is totally stressful, but I think it'll be really good for us all (including him!).

I've had my Minnie costume ready for years, because it's been too cold at the WDW races in January to wear it, for the past 3 years! :rotfl: I'm excited to not have to bundle up for this race, for once!

I've had my Minnie costume ready for years, because it's been too cold at the WDW races in January to wear it, for the past 3 years! :rotfl: I'm excited to not have to bundle up for this race, for once!

Yeah, this race is a bit different temperature-wise. I ran the WDW ice bowl in 2010. Several years we had starting temps above 68. This year is looking to be perrrrrrrfect. It is nice to not have to wear warm-ups to the start.

Yeah, this race is a bit different temperature-wise. I ran the WDW ice bowl in 2010. Several years we had starting temps above 68. This year is looking to be perrrrrrrfect. It is nice to not have to wear warm-ups to the start.

I'm been looking at the weather for the past week. For those fairly local, who seems to be the best site to look at. Weather.com and Accuweather.com seem to be significantly different. I also checked out KTLA.com.

Local person checking in. I'll be heading to DL on Friday afternoon and staying the weekend so I don't have to commute and deal with traffic. I'm looking forward to my friends arriving in town so we can hang out and enjoy the marathon weekend.

Hello Everyone!

Sooo I am running the 1/2 Marathon this weekend with A-T Children's Project.
I am running for a little guy named Aaron. Aaron is 10 years old and he has Ataxia-telangiectasia. Ataxia-telangiectasia or A-T for short is a rare genetic disease that attacks children. The disease combines the worst symptoms of cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, cancer, and immune deficiencies.

So with this group I get a 1 Day 1 Park Pass. I am an AP and will never use this pass. So i was wondering if anyone wanted to buy it for $70, $10 less. I want to take the money and buy Aaron some Disney gifts! So if anyone is interested in buying a 1 Day 1 Park Pass send me a message. The pass is $70 and expires 12/17/11.

I will be picking up the ticket on Friday so i can meet you on Friday. Hope there is someone out there! Thanks!

Chris

Hello Everyone!

Sooo I am running the 1/2 Marathon this weekend with A-T Children's Project.
I am running for a little guy named Aaron. Aaron is 10 years old and he has Ataxia-telangiectasia. Ataxia-telangiectasia or A-T for short is a rare genetic disease that attacks children. The disease combines the worst symptoms of cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, cancer, and immune deficiencies.

So with this group I get a 1 Day 1 Park Pass. I am an AP and will never use this pass. So i was wondering if anyone wanted to buy it for $70, $10 less. I want to take the money and buy Aaron some Disney gifts! So if anyone is interested in buying a 1 Day 1 Park Pass send me a message. The pass is $70 and expires 12/17/11.

I will be picking up the ticket on Friday so i can meet you on Friday. Hope there is someone out there! Thanks!

Chris

If there's someone in your group that has another pass for sale I would be interested in this. Would you be willing to find out if this is available, and if the passes are transferable?

I'm been looking at the weather for the past week. For those fairly local, who seems to be the best site to look at. Weather.com and Accuweather.com seem to be significantly different. I also checked out KTLA.com.

I like NOAA.gov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter