Disneydaveys Dlp Trip Sept 04 Day 3

disneydavey

Mouseketeer
OK DAY 3
The Park that is Disneyland
Cast
Dave ::MickeyMo
Caroline ::MinnieMo

Morning everyone, time for the usual fill of brekkie and juice, its great this continental breakfast lark, why they don’t do it at the US Disney Resorts is beyond me.
Anyway where are we going? Oh yeah Disneyland Park at long last, before we set off to the parks we made a brief enquiry about going to Paris, probably via one of the Disney Tours, so we ask our concierge ( I love that word, I also like the word espionage, don’t ask why) and he says its €60 each to go in the day, and €42 in the evening. We both had to admit defeat in this one as €120 just too much go to Paris on a hop on hop off bus wasn’t what we wanted, because basically that’s what its going to be, a quick 10-20 minute stop off at places at their discretion (they even said if the weather was lousy they may not stop at the Eiffel Tower!) plus that was without food. So a dejected Dave and Caroline trudge off to the Park, never mind, I guess Paris will have to wait.
There was also the small matter of looking for a new bag to put our stuff in (thanks to our lazy suitcase) the best idea I thought because we DO need a bag rather desperately, especially if we buy more stuff, so we’ll go to the shopping centre later.

Ok the park, well what can be said about Main Street USA that hasn’t been said before, what a magical place this is, its almost exactly the same as the Magic Kingdom and that’s what I love most about it, the sounds the sites the layout everything is the same, I did notice there are more characters round the entrance than in the MK, but getting to see these characters is a completely different story lol.
So up Main Street and straight into Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, now last time I came I never went to visit the dragon in the Dungeon, not this time I made sure I saw it, took ages to find it though, not the greatest attraction, but hey, at least I’ve seen it now.
So as the last report went, ill run through the rides and attractions etc.
Fantasyland
Snow White – travelling at break neck speed round the story of Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, if this went at the same speed as say Pinocchio then I think you could enjoy it a lot more, as the models and artwork really doesn’t get appreciated.
Alice’s Curious Labyrinth – WAAAAAAAAH how many times did we get lost in this thing, a good little break from the madness of the rides but can get a bit congested, some good little ideas in here from Alice in Wonderland, especially when you get to the castle in the middle, a great view of Fantasyland as the reward.
It’s a small world – scary isn’t the word, those dolls still give me the creeps lol, a very good calm little ride that younger kids will love, there was a family with twin boys (aged about 18 months) in front of us and the kids where howling laughing, cheered us up that.
Dumbos, Mad Hatters Tea Party, Lancelot’s Carousel – well they go round and round don’t they? That’s about it.
Adventureland
To be completely honest there’s not a great deal here that really grabbed my attention with the exception of Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Indian Jones – Didn’t go on this ride this time, for reasons I’ll tell you about later on. Awful awful ride, the layout is fantastic it looks like a big Mayan shrine or something, now surely they could do something with that and have the ride more indoors with added effects, plus going backwards HURTS! I’ve not been thrown about like that since the Cat & Mouse in Blackpool.
POTC – Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life For Me, yes! This ride is the greatest; ok not the most technologically advanced ride, but still a classic ride. Just wished we’d have got a chance to go the Blue Lagoon Restaurant, not cheap there though.
Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain – Better than its US counterpart and a very very good thrill, one of my faves.
Phantom Manor – I’d Love it if this was more in English, and they used the male voice as the tour guide more, that was great, superb effects and a lot darker than last time, superb.
Thunder Mountain Riverboat Landing – what a lovely little trip this is, like being on the Mississippi (sp?) River, word of advice though – EVERYONE wants to go upstairs, simple thing to do go onto the boat and take a left and stay downstairs, upstairs was chocker and hardly anyone could move, there was a lot of complaints about how packed it was, me and Caroline just stayed downstairs with about 5 or 6 people round us, plenty of space to move and look around.
The Chaparral Theatre – This time round it was the Tarzan Encounter, I found this better than Tarzan Rocks in The Studios USA, lots of acrobatics and stuff, great if you like that kind of show.
Discoveryland
Le Visionarium – shame it’s closed down, loved that show especially with Robin Williams as the voice of the Professor
Space Mountain – OW OW OW OW OW, this ride was terrible, been on before but was never thrown about like I was on this trip, plus side to it, absolutely no queue, walked right the way through and straight on. I was very concerned about this because Caroline really did hurt herself on this, so much so she was in tears, well we won’t be visiting that again!!!!!!
Star Tours – Ok I understand that DLP is in France, but please please sort out the language, that robot was winding me up on this, more so because I adore Star Wars and to hear the robot call R2- D2 (ar deux der deux) made my heart sink, but not as much as the whopper who was taking photographs whilst on the ride (he got a slap in the head from the guy behind him – not me!) so that was ruined for me!
Les Mysteres du Nautilus – Just a walk through ride and not the same as the old school nautilus from all those years ago in MK, not bad, but not great.
Honey I Shrunk the Audience – WONDERFUL! Again a problem with the volume on the headphones but didn’t dampen the spirits, its often difficult to not tell people who haven’t see things what’s going to happen, so a lot of tongue biting is in order, Caroline loved this one, and that cheered her up after the Space Mountain debacle.

Unfortunately we missed the Princess Parade on both occasions at the Park, but never mind, so between all this we ate snacks etc, its just cheaper that way.
The rides I’ve just spoke about have been seen or ridden on over Friday, Saturday & Sunday, just saved a bit of time and explained everything for you there.
Ok late afternoon, on to La Vallee and Val D’Europe, so back on the train to the next stop to get a bag, sure enough there is a smart sports shop very similar to JJB Sports back home where we managed to get a decent bag with wheels for about €45, better than the prices in Samsonite and the Hotel Shop. So with the bag fiasco finally over and done with we where back on track, so more shopping in the Village ensued, presents bought and ideas got.
Evening, Friday night stylee, the freaks certainly do come out in droves on Friday and Saturdays don’t they? Absolutely chocker in every restaurant, so not for a lack of trying we end up in King Ludwig’s Castle, what a fine place this is, like being in Germany but in the middle of Disney.
And the Beer!!! 1 Litre of Beer for €8(see photo) so the meal
We opted for a starter, main course and desert menu, so Caroline’s Starter is a Potato and Leek Soup (which looked like something Regan Threw up in The Exorcist) and mine, two BOILED Sausages(it didn’t say boiled on the menu) so it arrives in a pot and I thing, ok casserole or something, ha-ha Dave you divvy, it was in boiled water, with a sachet of mustard, they where a pale white(and I wont even tell you what I thought) bit like Cumberland sausage, but white, very very white, cutting into them didn’t help either.
Main Course(thank God) and I play it safe with the chicken(though knowing my luck they could have been live chickens or something) which was fine and ice cream for desert.
The Beauty of the Beer was that for once it lasted the WHOLE meal.
Caroline also played it safe with the steak, its easier and ok not very adventurous but if you’d have seen the sausages you’d have got the chicken too!
Total cost of the meal including my beer and Caroline’s wine €60
Got back about 12am to the hotel, and decided on more beer and filling in the voices on a German Soap with silly voiceovers that was on which saw the night off really well.
Next Day Whatever we wanted and a twist in the Tale.

P1010140.jpg

P1010141.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010149.jpg

P1010150.jpg

P1010144.jpg

P1010146.jpg

Thanks for the great report! How was Val D'Europe? What type of stores are there? How do you get there?

from the train station marne le valley chesee, simply go from there one stop, then out of Val' D'Europe and do a right, very similar to say the trafford centre, clothes stores, cosmetics, disney store, a drug store etc, not great but theyve got a brilliant supermarket to stock up on supplies

Sounds as though you had a great time. One ride I never manage to get on is the StoryBook ride. It always seems to be shut when I go.

well we went on that on the sunday, it was our last day so decided to just see what we'd missed

forgot to mention that thanks

its ok, a nice little cruise if your tired, great if the weathers beating down as well

So sorry that you missed seeing Paris proper. We were in Paris from Sept. 11 until we departed on the 16th to go back to London.

Here is what it would cost to get to Paris and do your own Hop-On/Hop-Off Tour, which stops everywhere regardless of weather (although the labour strike at the Eiffel Tower could make nice weather a moot point.)

The train from the DLP RER station to any station in Paris is approximately 12 euros. That same ticket will take you on to the Metro system and right into the very heart of Paris. Your return ticket will get you on to the Metro again, back to the RER station for the C-Line train back to DLP.

Paris L'OpenTour is the City Sightseeing affiliate in Paris. The 2-day adult Hop-On/Hop-Off costs 28 Euros for adults, 12 Euros for children. 1 day is simply not enough to enjoy all there is to see on the various tours around the Paris sights and the various neighbourhoods.

Children do not need a train ticket to get from DLP into Paris as they travel free on the RER and all through the Metro system.

We're off to DLP tomorrow (yay!!!). If we get any good photos, how do we paste them into a trip report please like you did? Sorry (not very computer-literate!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter