Disneybounding!!!

joyfulDisneytears

DIS Veteran
Anyone else into bounding? The thread I found on the subject was a few months old, so I figured I'd ask! Seems like more and more folks are getting into it. I am really into theme-ing my clothes to my activities so I get really excited about Disneybounds! I'd love to see your pictures if you have them!

My friend and I bounding as Pooh and Piglet on 11/2! (I'm Piglet.)
pooh:

I've started planning my 'bounds for my trip in February. Honestly, when I first heard of it, I thought it was a bit hokey--"people need to accept that adults can't dress up at Disneyland!"--but came to learn that I was misinformed, and basing my original thoughts on something closer to cosplay, and not 'bounding.

Now I've explained 'bounding to my 10yo DD, and she's thrilled at the idea as well for her trip in May. Going to attempt to get hubby to do some very casual group 'bounds while we are there in May as a family. Well, casual 'bounds beyond Hiro, which is his basic "going to Disneyland" look! I thought it would be cute if we could manage a Little Mermaid group, maybe (Eric, Ariel, and Melody, who is DD's favorite). Beyond that idea, though, I have nothing. I need to come up with some others! Perhaps I'll get her to be Genie and hubby and I can be Aladdin and Jasmine (awwww!). He willingly wears themed shirts (ie, we do Minnie and Mickey family days, or Oregon Ducks family days while in the parks), so maybe I can just transition to 'bounding somehow!

So far, for my Feb trip, I have 2 outfits ready to go... First one will be the Genie (blue jeans, red belt, light blue shirt, gold bracelets). Second will be Anna (blue jeans, black shirt layered under a flowing maroon shirt, and black boots, need to find some accessories with rosemaling [sp?] to add to it). Thinking I may get the Cinderella shoe shirt at Kohl's for a casual Cinderella 'bound, maybe with some sparkly Toms or such. Otherwise, I'm still looking/deciding. I tend to like the subtler bounds, which makes things a little easier sometimes, and a little more difficult other times!

Subtler Bounds are great! Many of our Bounds tend to be inspired by what I find on the clearance rack. :) If I find a shirt or pants or dress in a certain color or fabric, that usually leads to an idea for a character. DH is more difficult to shop for, but I've found some great things for great prices on Amazon. The rule for us is that whatever I find has to fit into the regular wardrobe so it can be worn outside DLR, too.

I've started planning my 'bounds for my trip in February. Honestly, when I first heard of it, I thought it was a bit hokey--"people need to accept that adults can't dress up at Disneyland!"--but came to learn that I was misinformed, and basing my original thoughts on something closer to cosplay, and not 'bounding. Now I've explained 'bounding to my 10yo DD, and she's thrilled at the idea as well for her trip in May. Going to attempt to get hubby to do some very casual group 'bounds while we are there in May as a family. Well, casual 'bounds beyond Hiro, which is his basic "going to Disneyland" look! I thought it would be cute if we could manage a Little Mermaid group, maybe (Eric, Ariel, and Melody, who is DD's favorite). Beyond that idea, though, I have nothing. I need to come up with some others! Perhaps I'll get her to be Genie and hubby and I can be Aladdin and Jasmine (awwww!). He willingly wears themed shirts (ie, we do Minnie and Mickey family days, or Oregon Ducks family days while in the parks), so maybe I can just transition to 'bounding somehow! So far, for my Feb trip, I have 2 outfits ready to go... First one will be the Genie (blue jeans, red belt, light blue shirt, gold bracelets). Second will be Anna (blue jeans, black shirt layered under a flowing maroon shirt, and black boots, need to find some accessories with rosemaling [sp?] to add to it). Thinking I may get the Cinderella shoe shirt at Kohl's for a casual Cinderella 'bound, maybe with some sparkly Toms or such. Otherwise, I'm still looking/deciding. I tend to like the subtler bounds, which makes things a little easier sometimes, and a little more difficult other times!

Thanks for the post! Re: hubby bounding as Hiro, I did a Baymax bound to go see Big Hero 6 and I easily persuaded my hubs to bound Hiro because it's his normal wardrobe lol! So I understand!

I was planning on bounding next month during my visit but I lean heavily to skirts when bounding or dressing up in general. I'm worried I'm gonna freeze at night! I have a dilemma...

...I was planning on bounding next month during my visit but I lean heavily to skirts when bounding or dressing up in general. I'm worried I'm gonna freeze at night! I have a dilemma...

No problem! I almost always wear dresses or skirts to the parks and don't freeze (and DH dubbed me "Miss Popsicle"!). Thermal long underwear (tops and bottoms) comes in really handy. Target sells silky nylon thermals that fit easily under tops and skirts. Silk thermals (e.g. from WinterSilks catalog) also help and fit easily under outfits. The bottoms come in various lengths, so no one has to see them under your skirt or dress. Also, thermal tights (I got mine from Sahalie catalog) or SmartWool tights (no itch!) work well. Scarves can always boost an outfit -- so many colors to help your costume. :) If your sweater or coat match your Bounding outfit, points for you!

I love 'bounding, and I got DS7 hooked on it, too! We're going to DLR in March and he's already talking about what we need to get for the outfits he wants. He wants to do Bruce the shark, so I think I'll do Dory to go with him. He also wants to do Pooh, and I usually do Owl, but he really wants me to either go as Tigger or Piglet. I guess we'll see...I don't have all the components for those outfits.

That is so cute that you 'bound with your DS! Try searching the clearance racks at Target, Forever 21, Old Navy, etc. for the bits and pieces that you need for outfits. It's amazing what you can find for really low prices. Also, try searching on Amazon. I've found many things, usually for around $10 or so (sometimes less!), just by doing a search for "pink skirt" or things like that.

My DH and I are going in October. Hoping I can convince him to let me dress him! Maybe since it will be Halloween time...

DS and I decided we would Disneybound as Maleficent and Diablo (her raven) on Dapper Day! I have a deep purple dress and a long light weight black cardigan that looks great with it for the basic part, and then add in the accessories. DS will wear his black dress pants, black pinstripe vest, and a light purple button up shirt with a darker purple tie and his black pinstripe fedora. I think he's going to be adorable! I just hope he's not too hot.

I have to figure out what to do about shoes. I have black tennis shoes, but it does look odd to wear athletic shoes with my dress. I have weird feet though, so I can only walk or stand in my black dress shoes for about 30 minutes before my feet are killing me. My black boots are better, but I don't think they go with this dress. I guess I should find better fitting dress shoes! :rolleyes1

...I have to figure out what to do about shoes. I have black tennis shoes, but it does look odd to wear athletic shoes with my dress. I have weird feet though, so I can only walk or stand in my black dress shoes before my feet are killing me. My black boots are better, but I don't think they go with this dress. I guess I should find better fitting dress shoes! :rolleyes1

Your outfits sound great! Hope you can post photos. As for shoes, Crocs has some cute captoe ballet flats in black. They are very comfortable and pretty stylish by Crocs standards. Maybe something like that would work?

Your outfits sound great! Hope you can post photos. As for shoes, Crocs has some cute captoe ballet flats in black. They are very comfortable and pretty stylish by Crocs standards. Maybe something like that would work?

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into those. I haven't had good luck with regular Crocs fitting me very well, but different styles fit differently, so I'll check them out. I might also be able to find something that will work with the custom insoles that I use in most of my shoes, and since we're just doing the afternoon and evening at Dapper Day, I might be able to get by with that.

Anyone else into bounding? The thread I found on the subject was a few months old, so I figured I'd ask! Seems like more and more folks are getting into it. I am really into theme-ing my clothes to my activities so I get really excited about Disneybounds! I'd love to see your pictures if you have them!

My friend and I bounding as Pooh and Piglet on 11/2! (I'm Piglet.)
pooh:

Thank you for sharing your picture. Both you and your friend look really very nice. I love both dresses. OK... especially the pink dress. You would both look perfect for Dapper Day too. The next Dapper Day is Feb.28 to March 01, so next month. Then again this coming September.

The official Dapper Day is Sunday March 1st. There will be a lot of people dressing up on Saturday too though. :)

I have to figure out what to do about shoes. I have black tennis shoes, but it does look odd to wear athletic shoes with my dress. I have weird feet though, so I can only walk or stand in my black dress shoes for about 30 minutes before my feet are killing me. My black boots are better, but I don't think they go with this dress. I guess I should find better fitting dress shoes! :rolleyes1

Have you ever tried Merrell's? My Mom has to use serious inserts in her shoes and she swears by these, wears them with dresses and they look cute.
http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/29046W/69397/Womens/Avesso?dimensions=0

And her co-worker is younger and wears these with skirts and dress pants and I think they're adorable. She has some back issues and has to wear specialized shoes but says she can do these.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/merrell...ategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=855

Just a thought :cutie: Your outfits sound great!

Have you ever tried Merrell's? My Mom has to use serious inserts in her shoes and she swears by these, wears them with dresses and they look cute.
http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/29046W/69397/Womens/Avesso?dimensions=0

And her co-worker is younger and wears these with skirts and dress pants and I think they're adorable. She has some back issues and has to wear specialized shoes but says she can do these.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/merrell...ategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=855

Just a thought :cutie: Your outfits sound great!

Thank you! Both of those look cute and might work! And they come in small enough sizes that I could wear them! :)

DS and I decided that he would be Pooh and I would be Christopher Robin for one of our disneybounding outfits, and I think it will be very cute! I think I've got my Dory outfit to go with his Bruce the Shark for another day, but we discovered that the shirt he was going to wear is too small. I have to convince him that the gray shirt he has will work, too, especially if he's wearing his shark tooth necklace. ;) I really want to wear my Tiana disneybound on our trip, but we don't have a matching outfit for DS, so we're still debating our third DB. He wants to do a Cars theme so he can be Lightning, but I'm not sure I can come up with a match for that with what I have. :confused: Kind of fun that he likes dressing up, too, but it's making my packing a little more complicated! :rotfl:

Super cute outfits!!

My DD(8) and I are doing a few Mommy and me outfits on our trip next month. It will be our first time DisneyBounding and we are both very excited.

Attachments

• IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 6
I haven't done it yet, but I REALLY want to do either Rapunzel or Leia. If anyone has any good ideas on where to get cheap dresses, let me know, because i can't find anything I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter