DisneyBand+ comes to the Disney Wonder starting with the March 19th cruise.

Yay!!! We just booked Alaska in June on the Wonder a couple of days ago!! I kept hearing they might have it by then. We were on the Magic just a couple of weeks too late for it.

I just posted this on another thread too! So excited as we're planning to cruise Alaska in 2025 and perhaps a shorter cruise this year on Magic which helps justify the price of 6 DisneyBand+ if we will use at least twice in a year!

We are heading to WDW in May and most likely will need new Magic Band+ while we are there (our existing bands are 5 years old). I love that we can then link them to our cruise and use them on the wonder.

Waste of money in my opinion. You can do the same things with a KTW card.

I can see the value in buying it if you already have trip planned to the DisneyParks on either coast, especially WDW. I probably wouldn't buy a MagicBand/DisneyBand just for a cruise, but if there was a park trip in the near future and someone was getting one for the park trip, it makes sense to bring it on the cruise.

I really wish the DCL could work with the regular old Magic Bands, too. I don’t think I’ve really seen much chatter about the size of these, but how do smaller people and children wear these comfortably? I have very tiny wrists and a regular Magic Band dwarfs it (yes, I trim the band, but it’s the puck that’s so big) but it’s manageable. These just seem so big and bulky.

I really wish the DCL could work with the regular old Magic Bands, too. I don’t think I’ve really seen much chatter about the size of these, but how do smaller people and children wear these comfortably? I have very tiny wrists and a regular Magic Band dwarfs it (yes, I trim the band, but it’s the puck that’s so big) but it’s manageable. These just seem so big and bulky.

Yeah they are bulky. I only bought mine last year before our parks trip because they had Donald Duck available.

I will more than likely end up buying two for our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. Whether we will use them is another story and if we don't, worse case, we have more Disney items in the house :)

Psy

I know you can buy MB+ on Shop Disney at any time... But are you ever able to buy the DCL branded bands without being on the ship? We have a week at WDW before our cruise... And I want a MB+ for the parks as well as the cruise...

I know you can buy MB+ on Shop Disney at any time... But are you ever able to buy the DCL branded bands without being on the ship? We have a week at WDW before our cruise... And I want a MB+ for the parks as well as the cruise...
If you have an upcoming Disney Cruise, you can order MB+ through your cruise reservation 45 days prior to your sail date. They will process them (usually) the next business day and mail them out (US residential addresses only) a few days later. Subject to stock on hand, the DCL exclusive MB+ designs should be available when ordering through the cruise reservation.

Waste of money in my opinion. You can do the same things with a KTTW card.

That's not much different than WDW, where you can use a card or a band, but we like them there.

We will try them for the first time on our cruise in April, but I like the idea of not having my KTTW card on me to open the room door in particular. I don't like wearing a lanyards and I would rather swipe a wrist than pull a card out.

Can someone help me with some confusion on my end. Why doesn't the cruise website let you buy a MagicBand plus until 45 days out? Do they custom make them for that particular cruise? Can you just buy a regular magic band Plus off the Disney website and use that instead?

Last edited:
Yes, any MB+ will work.

Sorry, I don’t know why you have to wait until 45 days before embarkation to buy a discounted one for a cruise.
Thanks. The timing thing confused me, making me question if it had something to do with the cruise itself and maybe regular ones wouldn't work. But I guess they want to make sure you are really going before you can get a DCL branded one. I didn't realize they would be discounted either.

That's not much different than WDW, where you can use a card or a band, but we like them there.

We will try them for the first time on our cruise in April, but I like the idea of not having my KTTW card on me to open the room door in particular. I don't like wearing a lanyards and I would rather swipe a wrist than pull a card out.

Can someone help me with some confusion on my end. Why doesn't the cruise website let you buy a MagicBand plus until 45 days out? Do they custom make them for that particular cruise? Can you just buy a regular magic band Plus off the Disney website and use that instead?
Not sure why they make you wait- I know I bought my husband's at a discount at 45 days. I bought mine on Ebay. All worked just fine. We enjoyed using them. Nice to not have to wear the lanyard all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter