Omoreno

Earning My Ears
Hi, my husband and I are DVC members!

Due to our schedules, right now it works best for us to vacation in August.

I will potentially be 35 weeks pregnant in August with a October 5th due date with our first baby.

We would like to do one last vacation before the baby.

Is this insane?? We would plan to stay at Saratoga or Poly and only do 1 or 2 park days.

Has anyone done Disney very pregnant? Was it completely awful, or am I overthinking things.

We potentially could bank the points to the next year use those points then bank our next years points to the next year and take 2 trips when the baby is about 2 years old.

First, Congratulations!

Second, a non park trip is probably the best idea. I can't imaging my wife walking around THAT pregnant in August Florida heat without threatening my life with every step. Also the amount of rides you shouldn't/can't go on would be quite long. Hanging out by the pool and hitting up some quality dining seems like the way to go for your last hoorah.

I will potentially be 35 weeks pregnant in August with a October 5th due date with our first baby.

Is this insane?? We would plan to stay at Saratoga or Poly and only do 1 or 2 park days.

Has anyone done Disney very pregnant? Was it completely awful, or am I overthinking things.

We potentially could bank the points to the next year use those points then bank our next years points to the next year and take 2 trips when the baby is about 2 years old.
I went with my wife and oldest daughter in 2017 when she was 4.5 months pregnant and we had a blast but... yeah, 35 weeks pregnant in Orlando in August? Plus the possibility that you go into labor early and have to deliver in Orlando and then come back with the baby via whatever transportation you were using? That seems like it could lead to problems, unless you are driving distance.

I should also add that the next trip we took with the baby was when she was six months old (and older sister was 4) and we all had a blast, so I don't think you need to wait till the baby's 2 to go again.

I probably wouldn't chance it - but then again, my first baby was 5.5 weeks early and my 2nd was 3.5 weeks early - both cases my water just broke and I had no symptoms that I'd go that early!

and I was sooooooooooo swollen and hot with my first who was due in early Sept. but born late July - and it was 103 here the day I had him and I remember thinking it was the surface of the sun and that's here in NC and not even FL where you're closer to the sun, or at least it feels like it!

If I couldn't reschedule the trip to a little earlier, I'd probably just bank the points as you suggested and go next year with the baby -or have a grandparent watch it and go kid-less for a real break!

BUT, I can totally see your excitement about wanting to go - and if you do decide to go, I would make sure I wore very supportive shoes, drank A LOT of water and don't try to do everything in a day - a little more relaxing trip, perhaps not a park drop to close kinda day??!!

and CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!

Congrats!
I could not imagine walking around a theme park in August that pregnant. I would not recommend it. I could barely Christmas shop without pain when I was that far along. I may have made it through one or two stores at the mall. I wasn’t that big but the baby was huge. You have no idea of all the different nerves that can be impacted depending on size, where the baby is positioned, and what he/she is resting on.

Congratulations! First question, have you been to Disney in August? A poster on another thread referred to it being "as hot as Satan's armpit" - that is a pretty accurate description. It can be 98 degrees and 100% humidity, not pleasant for even people used to the heat. We go in August every year and I can't imagine walking in the parks being pregnant, and certainly not that far along! I lived in FL and I love hot weather, but this does test my limits. A resort vacation might be nice and maybe the parks after dark, though it's still hot. Only you know what you can tolerate, and be honest with yourself! Either way, best wishes to you and your expanding family!

You don't say how far away you live from WDW, but personally I wouldn't want to be away from home that close to the due date. I was early with both my kids. I also wouldn't want to be at WDW in August, but that's pregnant or not!

Although I don't have personal experience, I did meet a woman on the Jungle Cruise ride who was expecting a baby in 3 weeks. I asked her how the trip was going, and she said "Great!" And she looked really happy.
My only concern is with getting there-if driving just tell DH to prepare for plenty of stops for potty breaks and stretching. If flying, I might be a little hesitant.

Did it at 5 mo. No thank you. But I get that you need a getaway. Can you find a trade out close to home?

As others have said, the scary part here isn't "pregnant," it's "August."

If you have the points, I'd be looking into availability at Hilton Head, Vero Beach, or Aulani. They're still warm, of course, but I imagine those ocean breezes will make all the difference in the world.

Been there done that in August in the Parks almost 8 months along preterm labor with a toddler - I took breaks and drank lots of water - lots and lots of water - I often went back to the room
FYI / trip planned and paid before surprise happened - we also did a week at the beach too
As long as your Dr is ok with it / take it easy you will be fine
Enjoy !!

I wouldn't want to be in Florida in late pregnancy worrying about whether riding Pirates was a good idea. Should I have breathed that smoke and gone down that bump? Just bank the points.

You aren't supposed to ride most of the rides anyway, and the ones you can ride, I wouldn't want to risk. Pregnancy, especially end of pregnancy, is delicate and a lot can go wrong.

Pregnant in August at Disney sounds absolutely miserable to me. Disney is physically demanding in the summer even if you are very fit. It was tough even in marathon shape. I would not risk this at all. Disney is much more fun with a two year old who actually thinks that is Rapunzel. Go sit on the beach and get a massage. It will be cheaper and much more relaxing.

I went to Disney all throughout my pregnancy (4, 12, 19, 32 and 36 weeks I think). Last time we went, I was just over 36 weeks in November for a weekend (and we flew). Personally, I was fine. BUT, I was very active throughout my pregnancy (running until about 33 weeks). I also had a healthy pregnancy with 0 complications throughout. We definitely had to go at a slower pace and take more breaks, but we were also there for the Christmas atmosphere, so it was fine and we enjoyed ourselves. While I had a great time, my guess is I might be the exception to the rule. I wouldn't hesitate to go, just know your body and what precautions to take, but everyone is different and has a different risk tolerance.

I went in April at 23 weeks pregnant during my last pregnancy. Everything was great and I was fine but I was fatigued much more than when I’d gone not pregnant. I told my husband that I wouldn’t want to go much later in the pregnancy than when we went.

This time we are going early May and I will be 20 weeks but will have our toddler along! Planning on lots of resort time and naps.

I resort only stay would be other only way I would go that pregnant. Get a savanna view room at animal kingdom and relax and enjoy eating out!

OP, are you planning to fly? I don't think you are supposed to fly after a certain number of weeks. That's something you would want to discuss with your doctor.

I went to Disney all throughout my pregnancy (4, 12, 19, 32 and 36 weeks I think). Last time we went, I was just over 36 weeks in November for a weekend (and we flew). Personally, I was fine. BUT, I was very active throughout my pregnancy (running until about 33 weeks). I also had a healthy pregnancy with 0 complications throughout. We definitely had to go at a slower pace and take more breaks, but we were also there for the Christmas atmosphere, so it was fine and we enjoyed ourselves. While I had a great time, my guess is I might be the exception to the rule. I wouldn't hesitate to go, just know your body and what precautions to take, but everyone is different and has a different risk tolerance.
I thought airlines didn't let you fly after 8 months?

Definitely take the heat into consideration for an August trip and keep properly hydrated.

When I was 7 months pregnant, it was in October and my husband pushed me around WDW in a wheelchair to be on the safe side. We also had to check most rides to make sure they were ok to go on while pregnant.

Side story: my mother used to tell me that her water broke with me when she was walking around Disneyland, California in August. She was over a week past her due date though, so I guess Disney was what convinced me to finally come out!

How far away would you be from home? No way would I do it if I were a significant distance from home.

Congratulations!

I'm not going to Disney in August pregnant or not pregnant, lol!

But, it's really early in your pregnancy so you will get a better feel for it as time gets closer. Everybody's pregnancy is slightly or a lot different, so what works for one may not work for others. For me, I had relatively easy ones, but walking was tough after 6 or 7 months. I would have to sit down. I wasn't heavy or didn't gain much weight but it killed my back.

Whatever you decide good luck and enjoy your time and then your first child!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter