Disney...you tried your best, but it was still the best trip yet! UPDATE 5/3!!

Joining in!

We headed back to the hotel and people were starting to hit the pool. It was still too chilly out for me to do that, so I grabbed a cup of coffee and stared at this amazing hotel

The YC is one of my favorite resorts! Jealous that you got to stay CL. That's definitely on my bucket list. Bummer about the room at the end of the hall - ours was also really really far from the lobby - we joked that we were actually staying in the dolphin :laughing:

I thank you and Ariel might look like sisters what do you think lol I have never yet been to the flying fish but now I think I'm tempted to go. It really really looks good. I think one of the great things that about at the Yacht & Beach Club is that the pool looks amazing and I never stayed there but I know people say the pool is one of the main attractions there, gosh if I stay there I'm not even sure I would want to get out of the pool either. So you made stealth moves to go see Anna and Elsa. Does this mean you are a ninja like kind of a secret one from California LOL maybe I need to do that when I go see some of the characters.

The YC is one of my favorite resorts! Jealous that you got to stay CL. That's definitely on my bucket list. Bummer about the room at the end of the hall - ours was also really really far from the lobby - we joked that we were actually staying in the dolphin :laughing:
It really is such a relaxing resort. It's so quiet and serene. :rotfl2: Haha, I know people complain all the time about how far away and spread out some other resorts are, so I can't even imagine how bad those treks are after a long day at the park.

I thank you and Ariel might look like sisters what do you think lol I have never yet been to the flying fish but now I think I'm tempted to go. It really really looks good. I think one of the great things that about at the Yacht & Beach Club is that the pool looks amazing and I never stayed there but I know people say the pool is one of the main attractions there, gosh if I stay there I'm not even sure I would want to get out of the pool either. So you made stealth moves to go see Anna and Elsa. Does this mean you are a ninja like kind of a secret one from California LOL maybe I need to do that when I go see some of the characters.
You should really try it! I believe they're keeping mostly the same menu. I can't wait for it to reopen. It's definitely on my list again when it opens up.

The pool is really a mini water park. It's over 3 acres big. That's crazy to me. But it's sooo worth going to.

Great start :goodvibes

Thank you! And thanks for reading :wave:

Welcome Back to Day 2 Part 1 of my trip report! I'm Epcotting!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. I've been having technical difficulties with Photoshop. It keeps wanting to post my photos sideways and won't let me rotate them. Took some time for me to figure out how fix the problem. So let's get started!

After a very long arrival and park day, I was knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. The next morning, before even my alarm went off at 7:30 I hear a bunch of noise coming from outside. It would seem that a crew of people were starting to set up for a convention, and it would seem that our room was just above the loading area. This would of course go on every day of our stay (Strike 1 Yacht Club!). I tried to go back to bed, and ordinarily I'm NOT a morning person and REALLY LOVE my sleep (LOVE)... but all of the Disney magic was calling my name (and really, who can sleep when your're at Disney?).

I got up and walked out to the lounge for some coffee. I had a coffee maker in my room, but the coffee makers in the lounge make EXCELLENT coffee. I was tempted to grab some of the breakfast goodies that were being set out, but I had a big breakfast coming up and didn't want to spoil my meal. After heading back to my room and getting dressed, I met up with Bob and practically sprinted to the International Gateway. (The other two in our party were sleeping because they had a very late travel day the night before)

We had 8:30 reservations for Akershus and I was anxious to get there. When we got to the restaurant we were immediately walked over to take a picture with Belle. Belle was one of my favorite princesses, so I was SO excited to see her. Plus I figured this wold probably be my only time to see her this trip.

We were seated at a table right by the entrance to the buffet. Ordinarily I hate buffets... No, DETEST buffets. (I once saw some very unfortunate incidents at a buffet in Vegas once, I can't event write it out. gross.) But I figure that Disney has so much security and cameras everywhere, that I'd be safe at their buffets. Fortunately Akershus is a hybrid between family style and buffet. They brought out a platter with eggs, potato casserole, some bacon and sausage. Unfortunately I was allergic to the potato casserole, but everything else was great! (Sorry about the blurriness...cell phones, amiright?)

I headed out to the buffet to fill up on some norwegan cheeses and some meats.

After getting back to the table, the princesses started coming.

I especially liked Snow White. She commented that she had visited my Kingdom for four years and knew my people to be a kind and courageous people. I realized that she was motioning to my backpack which I hadn't used since college and realized it had a button from my alma matter. It was very cute. She was great!

After breakfast we had Fastpasses for Test Track. I failed at taking any pictures of this, but below is the ride pic.

Notice I'm not anywhere to be seen. That's right, for whatever reason I must have swiped my magic band on the wrong screen, because this was what I got. :confused3 Better luck next time I guess.

After Test Track we walked over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends for our next Fast Pass. We got on the ride. Probably wouldn't FP this again. It was cute. But to to be honest once was probably enough. Plus I'm not the biggest Nemo fan. We took about an hour to walk around and look at all of the aquariums. Loved the manatees! It was relaxing. After about a half hour it got really really crowded. And the world showcase was about to open.

We decided to start from the Canada Pavilion because it was just closer, and I was itching to do some shopping.

We went to the UK Pavilion, Bob really wanted to pick up some gifts for his brother who was watching his dog, so he picked up some soccer and Irish stuff on our way to this place...

After hearing about how much I LOVE hanging out here, and his love of pubs, he was dying to sit down and have a beer. Of course, I was more than happy to oblige.

As we were walking towards the France Pavilion, there was a large gate, and a cast member whispered for me to follow her. Ordinarily I would never follow a stranger behind a strange door... but when I walked through, HE was standing on the other side!

We got to have an unexpected character meet with the main mouse himself! I was so excited, and he signed my large Vinyl too! (And some quilt squares that I'm having someone make into a quilt)

After a break and a drink, we moved on. I went browsing around the France Pavilion, while Bob picked us up some of these...

I really wanted to try some of these... but wasn't really feeling something sweet so I moved on.

So Delicious and refreshing! I liked the Grand Marnier slush just a bit better because I'm a big fan of orange flavoring, but they were both delicious! But after two drinks, and going on 5 hours since breakfast, I was in need of some food. So we walked right through the rest of the pavilions until we made our way here...

We checked into our reservation, and had a bit of a wait time, so of course, I took advantage of the time to do a bit of shopping.

Finally
, our table was ready and we sat down for lunch. We decided to share a salad and a pizza, and went with the Caprese salad (pretty meh...) and the Prosciutto and Arugula pizza.

The pizza was pretty good. I've lived in Italy for many years, so I can be really picky with Italian food. And in particular pizza. There's a place back in Italy that was just so mind blowingly good that everything else can't compare for me. BUT, Via Napoli is pretty good. We enjoyed it. After lunch we headed back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of our group. Bob was pretty hot and needed a break, and I needed to hang out here...

Well, this is where I leave you. Coming up... It's All Downhill from here... or is it?

looks like a fun day. The drinks looks amazing of course. Epcot is my favorite park. It looks like it is your's as well. I love Via Napoli and would have to say I think the pizza tasted rather good. All those great deserts look amazing too. How could you not eat one of them. Wow, will power you had. I love eating in France. Too many great selections to chose from. I think that's cool that the cast member got you a great photo opp with Mickey.

I see you also got a card for your birthday for breakfast. How cool is that. I personally love eating a buffet from time to time. Wow you weren't kidding about having trouble at the Yacht Club. If someone messed with my sleep time I would be super pissed as well. I cant believe all this stuff went down when you were there. That stinks in so many ways. Especially for a deluxe resort, right? I have to say the picture from the pool side looks very relaxing. I am sure you had a nice cocktail drink in your hand to pass the time. Man, I miss it...so where are you staying next trip?

Jumping in. Looks like a great trip so far. YC is gorgeous! I'm really sorry for your loss, but it's so nice to read about your amazing friends jumping in to cheer you up. Can't wait to read more!

Sounds like the beginning of the trip is going great! I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, though, with your intro foreshadowing the not-so-great ending. I keep meaning to get the Grand Marnier drink, but I always forget! Maybe next time...

So I was mindlessly looking through my old TR's and saw you had one working ... so here I am! Sorry I am so late to follow along! Glad to hear your trip was great, sorry about your loss, and I hope life has settled down for you!

Now I hadn't made any room requests, so not surprisingly I was assigned to the farthest room on our floor. LITERALLY, the LAST room from the elevator.

I've had incredible luck with rooms, but I've also had this happen to be on more than one occasion. It can be pretty rough walking from the bus stops to your room in these situations! If it happens again, I may try to uber from bus stop to room. :rotfl2:First world problems!

This is a pic of the room pulled from the Disney website.

Looks like a great room!

When I heard that they were about to go down for refurbishment, I scooped up a reservation for the last night they were going to be open before their closure. I was so excited to see if it was as good as I remembered.

Glad to hear you liked this. I've always wanted to try Flying Fish but I haven't been able to fit it in my schedule. Maybe when I go in the Fall!

I got up and walked out to the lounge for some coffee. I had a coffee maker in my room, but the coffee makers in the lounge make EXCELLENT coffee.
Coffee :love:

I was so excited, and he signed my large Vinyl too!

Great minds think alike, a few years ago I wanted to get one of those blank large vinyls for characters to sign on our Disney cruise but I every one I found was way more then I was willing to pay. Hope yours came out great!

2CFBCE6C-3501-4B45-B89C-61952876B16C_zpsbxtzjgsd.jpg

LOVE Via Napoli! We have a pizza place in Nashville that cooks pizza the same way, so fortunately if I get a craving I can have it almost anytime! :cloud9:

Welcome Back to Day 2 Part 1 of my trip report! I'm Epcotting!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. I've been having technical difficulties with Photoshop. It keeps wanting to post my photos sideways and won't let me rotate them. Took some time for me to figure out how fix the problem. So let's get started!

After a very long arrival and park day, I was knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. The next morning, before even my alarm went off at 7:30 I hear a bunch of noise coming from outside. It would seem that a crew of people were starting to set up for a convention, and it would seem that our room was just above the loading area. This would of course go on every day of our stay (Strike 1 Yacht Club!). I tried to go back to bed, and ordinarily I'm NOT a morning person and REALLY LOVE my sleep (LOVE)... but all of the Disney magic was calling my name (and really, who can sleep when your're at Disney?).

I got up and walked out to the lounge for some coffee. I had a coffee maker in my room, but the coffee makers in the lounge make EXCELLENT coffee. I was tempted to grab some of the breakfast goodies that were being set out, but I had a big breakfast coming up and didn't want to spoil my meal. After heading back to my room and getting dressed, I met up with Bob and practically sprinted to the International Gateway. (The other two in our party were sleeping because they had a very late travel day the night before)

We had 8:30 reservations for Akershus and I was anxious to get there. When we got to the restaurant we were immediately walked over to take a picture with Belle. Belle was one of my favorite princesses, so I was SO excited to see her. Plus I figured this wold probably be my only time to see her this trip.

We were seated at a table right by the entrance to the buffet. Ordinarily I hate buffets... No, DETEST buffets. (I once saw some very unfortunate incidents at a buffet in Vegas once, I can't event write it out. gross.) But I figure that Disney has so much security and cameras everywhere, that I'd be safe at their buffets. Fortunately Akershus is a hybrid between family style and buffet. They brought out a platter with eggs, potato casserole, some bacon and sausage. Unfortunately I was allergic to the potato casserole, but everything else was great! (Sorry about the blurriness...cell phones, amiright?)

I headed out to the buffet to fill up on some norwegan cheeses and some meats.

After getting back to the table, the princesses started coming.

I especially liked Snow White. She commented that she had visited my Kingdom for four years and knew my people to be a kind and courageous people. I realized that she was motioning to my backpack which I hadn't used since college and realized it had a button from my alma matter. It was very cute. She was great!

After breakfast we had Fastpasses for Test Track. I failed at taking any pictures of this, but below is the ride pic.

Notice I'm not anywhere to be seen. That's right, for whatever reason I must have swiped my magic band on the wrong screen, because this was what I got. :confused3 Better luck next time I guess.

After Test Track we walked over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends for our next Fast Pass. We got on the ride. Probably wouldn't FP this again. It was cute. But to to be honest once was probably enough. Plus I'm not the biggest Nemo fan. We took about an hour to walk around and look at all of the aquariums. Loved the manatees! It was relaxing. After about a half hour it got really really crowded. And the world showcase was about to open.

We decided to start from the Canada Pavilion because it was just closer, and I was itching to do some shopping.

We went to the UK Pavilion, Bob really wanted to pick up some gifts for his brother who was watching his dog, so he picked up some soccer and Irish stuff on our way to this place...

After hearing about how much I LOVE hanging out here, and his love of pubs, he was dying to sit down and have a beer. Of course, I was more than happy to oblige.

As we were walking towards the France Pavilion, there was a large gate, and a cast member whispered for me to follow her. Ordinarily I would never follow a stranger behind a strange door... but when I walked through, HE was standing on the other side!

We got to have an unexpected character meet with the main mouse himself! I was so excited, and he signed my large Vinyl too! (And some quilt squares that I'm having someone make into a quilt)

After a break and a drink, we moved on. I went browsing around the France Pavilion, while Bob picked us up some of these...

I really wanted to try some of these... but wasn't really feeling something sweet so I moved on.

So Delicious and refreshing! I liked the Grand Marnier slush just a bit better because I'm a big fan of orange flavoring, but they were both delicious! But after two drinks, and going on 5 hours since breakfast, I was in need of some food. So we walked right through the rest of the pavilions until we made our way here...

We checked into our reservation, and had a bit of a wait time, so of course, I took advantage of the time to do a bit of shopping.

Finally
, our table was ready and we sat down for lunch. We decided to share a salad and a pizza, and went with the Caprese salad (pretty meh...) and the Prosciutto and Arugula pizza.

The pizza was pretty good. I've lived in Italy for many years, so I can be really picky with Italian food. And in particular pizza. There's a place back in Italy that was just so mind blowingly good that everything else can't compare for me. BUT, Via Napoli is pretty good. We enjoyed it. After lunch we headed back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of our group. Bob was pretty hot and needed a break, and I needed to hang out here...

Well, this is where I leave you. Coming up... It's All Downhill from here... or is it?
Loving your trip report! Can't wait to read more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter