Disney World Themed Room!

LilRedheadedMermaid

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I am new here. Looking at the past forums, I see that there are some creative people on here! I want to share my idea for my DW room!

First of all, I plan to make my bed the castle theme. I'm looking for a castle net canopy to go over my bed. I'm having the hardest time finding one! I am definitely planning on a sleigh bed with gold iron. I plan to put the Cinderella castle mini mural on my wall right behind my bed. For my make up/ vanity desk, I am looking for an old-timey three oval mirror desk. Very reminiscant of what could possibly be in Cindy's castle. I am trying my hardest to find a pumpkin/carriage shaped night-stand lamp (and at a good price).

I'm going to buy 4 large hanging frames to make a picture collage representing the 4 Disney parks: Hollywood, MK, Epcot, and AK. I have collected the maps to every park and plan to make that my focal point and I'm taking my candid pictures from each park and cutting them each into the shape of Mickey's head.

My bathroom theme is definitely The Little Mermaid. I can't pass that up!

So if anyone has taken the patience to read all of this and has some ideas (please, don't be afraid--no idea is stupid to me!!!), let me know what you think!! I'd love some new ideas! Thanks so much!

Sounds neat....
The mickey head cut out pictures.....you could buy a giant Micky head hole punch instead of cutting out each picture.

Hey OP, sounds like a cool room!

How old are you? Is it a room for you, or for a married couple?
Just asking, because once I start thinking about it, I have to know whether it's for a teenager or for a married middle-aged woman, or ...

ETA: For paint colours ideas, you might want to check this out: http://corporate.skynet.be/multi-import/multi-import/extra/disneyboekje.pdf
It's all children-oriented, but it might give some ideas.
If you need a translation of the text, let me know which part, and I'll translate for you.

ETA 2: I think Ikea sells a castle-net thing you want for over your bed!

Oh wow! Great ideas!

I've come up with a few more things now. For my little mermaid bathroom, I'm gonna look for a giant fork and a large smoking pipe. I'm just gonna use the fork as decor, maybe droop some seaweed around it. As for the pipe, I'm hoping to find one large enough where I can put a small potted plant in the hole of it, so it looks just like the movie! And I want to hang a fishing net around my mirror, just to give it more of an ocean theme (without the fish place mats, and other nonsense).

And by the way, I'm 20. Not married, yet, but I will be engaged around December. We don't live together.

I definitely want my room to resemble what Cinderella's room looks like in the castle. In other words, no pictures of princesses, no pink decor. I want a definite resemblence of the castle, but that's about it (as far as my bed area is concerned). I want to "live" in her castle when I sleep!

Excuse me my ignorance, but is there anywhere a picture of the room of Cinderella in the castle?
I thought the movie never showed anything like that... :confused:

Oh I doubt it. I was thinking of the room you win when you go to DW when you stay in her castle. I like that golden-royal theme! And don't worry about being ingorant. I do plenty of that myself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter