Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Anyone have any luck booking for July 15th @ Epcot my husband has new annual pass and its not letting me book a ressie :(

:( I do have a one day ticket I could use for him but the problem seems to be that his annual pass

When I made my park pas reservations, I would confirm the time shown, but then the actual pass reservation shows a time an hour later. There was no choice but my MDE plans page show one time on the main page and a different time when I click on the pass reservation details. Is there a way to modify to the first time I was offered? Is this a phone call in the making? TIA

When I made my park pas reservations, I would confirm the time shown, but then the actual pass reservation shows a time an hour later. There was no choice but my MDE plans page show one time on the main page and a different time when I click on the pass reservation details. Is there a way to modify to the first time I was offered? Is this a phone call in the making? TIA
Merged you to the existing thread
Official times are through end of October. If your reservation is after that is why you're seeing a discrepancy in time
Right now operate under the assumption that ak opens at 8, mk 9, dhs 10 and ep 11

I don't know if we'll go during Thanksgiving or next summer. Since Thanksgiving is sooner, I figured it would make more sense to reserve those days now. That was only using 8 days of my 10 day tickets, though, so I tried to reserve 2 more days for next summer and it worked. So, I guess the using within 14 days no longer applies? Sorry if I missed that info.

they are not, they were purchased separately
This is related to my question earlier about AP or resort reservations limiting someone from using the ticket only availability. If you have a resort reservation the system might override your attempts. If it does, since you are room and ticket, not a package, you could remove everyone but the primary from the reservation. Then book park reservations based on ticket only. Then you could switch the primary to someone you have taken care of and then do the same with the original primary. Worth a shot.... hopefully you don’t need to, but I know have AP or having resort reservations have impacted other folks flexibility in the system.

Anyone have any luck booking for July 15th @ Epcot my husband has new annual pass and its not letting me book a ressie :(
Keep trying and refreshing. There was a date in Aug that I couldn't get yesterday (I'm an AP) but after a few tries this morning, I got in. I think this is going to play out like FPs do- keep refreshing and checking till you get what you want.

only way to know is to try, there's no info on any of it since it's a brand new system. Whoever tries it, let us know :D
I tried this today, and I could not book a DHS day. I have a resort reservation and AP, and it seems that the Pass availability is in distinct buckets: a set number have been allotted to Resort guests with tickets, a second distinct allotment for AP guests, and a third allotment to Theme Park Ticket guests. I’m not sure I agree with that approach. It’s a little frustrating that I couldn’t get DHS for 7/15 or 7/16 when the reservation system went live on Monday, and now I can’t access what are clearly additional available slots. But it feels a little crazy to complain about theme park tickets as Covid cases are spiking.

I tried this today, and I could not book a DHS day. I have a resort reservation and AP, and it seems that the Pass availability is in distinct buckets: a set number have been allotted to Resort guests with tickets, a second distinct allotment for AP guests, and a third allotment to Theme Park Ticket guests. I’m not sure I agree with that approach. It’s a little frustrating that I couldn’t get DHS for 7/15 or 7/16 when the reservation system went live on Monday, and now I can’t access what are clearly additional available slots.
Same thing happened to us.

Unable to get DHS for any of our 3 available dates 7/15-17 because of the glitches Monday morning.

Would have been able to easily get DHS with our APs because there were no glitches that day.

Emailed Disney about it-basically told to pound sand(in a nice way!LOL). :)

I wonder if some of those spots for Theme Park Ticket guests will be shifted over to Resort guests or AP guests. I would bet that few people would want to spend their full-price ticket on days with limited hours and reduced offerings.

There's basically 3 pools of Park Reservations and resort guests had first dibs to reserve theirs on Monday. It may seem right now that there are more "theme park ticket guest" tickets but keep in mind that a lot of people who plan on going in July, don't have tickets yet and can't buy tickets at the moment. You also have the opposite situation for AP's: A lot of AP's are missing out on Park Reservations but see availability on the "resort guest" calendar. It really all depends on how many people are going and when.
I would hope that Disney isn't holding back park reservations for those who don't have tickets yet and can't buy them at the moment. However, there are probably a lot of people who do already have tickets and didn't log on to try to book their park reservations today. It's only the first day they could do so and it's on the weekend. Disney may want to wait a while to give them an opportunity before making the excess reservations in the theme park ticket bucket available to those in the other buckets, and vice versa.

If the pools of Park Passes were/are distinct, was there any advantage to resort guests being able to start making those reservations on Monday?

It gets complicated.
Resort guests with AP's can get a reservation for each day of their stay (including check in and check out days) - so it can be more than 14 if you have more resort days.
Ticket holders can get the number of days on the ticket ( in a resort or not)
AP can get 3 days. If they also have resort stays, they do not get 3 days in addition to the resort stays (touchy topic)
I have an AP....I booked 3 days, then I tried for a 4th day and it let me....did not try any more. I have no resort stay booked.

Anyone with a crystal ball think they will extend this system beyond next Fall? Am considering a Dec 2021 trip, but will delay if this system is still in place, Im not seeing ticket discounts for going through this time-consuming process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter