• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

If this question has been answered in another post, please let me know as I cannot locate.

I have made various park reservations but I am curious of the entry time. Each one I have made for Epcot is 11 AM. These reservations are many months in the future so availability should not be an issue.

I cannot determine why as late as 11 AM.

Thoughts?

So far 11am is the time Epcot will open every day. The schedule is:

Animal Kingdom 8am - 6pm
Magic Kingdom 9am - 7pm
Hollywood Studios 10am - 8pm
Epcot 11am - 9pm

The operating hours may change in the future, but for the time being this is what they are (most likely to stagger/allow more busses to be used in the mornings for socially distance transportation 😉)

That is also my understanding. I keep saying "understanding" because things have changed so much that I want all my advice to be taken with some skepticism!

I think I read either here or on Touring Plans that someone had to shell out for 3 AP renewals to get their rebooked vacation on track and be able to make park reservations even though they had APs that would be extended.

I can only speak to my personal experience, but MDE recognized the extension on my sister and BIL AP. Not only did it recognize the initial extension, but the extra month we should be credited in October. They had already been extended to November, but I was able to book park reservations for our December trip with no issues. They have the Silver AP. No idea what combination of details worked in our favor, as I was concerned that MDE wouldn’t recognize the second extension. I am not sure they will be renewing, so it was important to me to get them in on this trip. My AP was due to expire the end of December before the extensions, but I was able to make January park reservations, so at least the initial extension is there. My pass is platinum.

I am sure there are people who are having trouble making reservations with a similar scenario though. The only consistent thing about Disney’s IT is their inconsistency.

We booked last Monday using our resort reservation. Now we're looking at canceling that and switching to a much cheaper off-site option. I'm assuming we'd cancel our current park passes and rebook tomorrow with the off-site ticket holders, but with all of these glitches I'm still nervous it'll cancel our passes when if/when we cancel our reservation!

I can only speak to my personal experience, but MDE recognized the extension on my sister and BIL AP. Not only did it recognize the initial extension, but the extra month we should be credited in October. They had already been extended to November, but I was able to book park reservations for our December trip with no issues. They have the Silver AP. No idea what combination of details worked in our favor, as I was concerned that MDE wouldn’t recognize the second extension. I am not sure they will be renewing, so it was important to me to get them in on this trip. My AP was due to expire the end of December before the extensions, but I was able to make January park reservations, so at least the initial extension is there. My pass is platinum.

I am sure there are people who are having trouble making reservations with a similar scenario though. The only consistent thing about Disney’s IT is their inconsistency.
You can still do AP things even after your AP expires as long as it has not expired, yet.

For instance, AP folks can book an AP rate that is for dates after their AP expires. However, they won't keep that perk if they do not renew.

You can still do AP things even after your AP expires as long as it has not expired, yet.

For instance, AP folks can book an AP rate that is for dates after their AP expires. However, they won't keep that perk if they do not renew.
I know with AP rates, you just have to be able to show the active AP when you arrive for your trip, since I had to do that once. I wasn’t sure if you needed a valid AP (or voucher) in MDE to book a park reservation or not. After all, not everyone who has an AP now plans to renew, especially considering the circumstances. But I am not complaining, since it worked out the way it should for us.

We purchased tickets back in February and are staying off site. I tried to make reservations for February or later and it does not show me any availability. Is it too early? I thought everything I read said 6/28/20. It's after midnight in Orlando so I thought I would be able to reserve our days.

Hey Disney Friends. I went in as a "only ticket holder" onto the mde at 0545 today and miraculously it let me make my reservations for August. Good luck all. Im totally thrilled. My daughter was a graduating Senior this year - the only thing she wanted to do was take cap & gown pictures in front of the Cinderella's Castle. God willing we will remain healthy & resilient to the heat. The things we do for our kids <3
A special thank you to those of you who were reassuring to me when I was nervous I might not be able to make this happen. If the lord is willing - I'll absolutely post my daughters picture here when we go! Good luck you all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter