• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

I have 2 resort stays booked and was able to book 2 additional days. That trip will eventually become a resort stay too so I’m not too concerned. At least I have a park reserved for Friday and Saturday. Hopefully Thursday won’t be hard to get later on.

I was booking for mid to late May of next year. The earliest epcot times I seem to be able to get are 11am.

Is the park opening later? Or is this a sign of the demand and the earlier times are taken?

I was booking for mid to late May of next year. The earliest epcot times I seem to be able to get are 11am.

Is the park opening later? Or is this a sign of the demand and the earlier times are taken?
At the moment Disney has all dates with the same park hours. Epcot 11-9, Hollywood studios 10-8, magic kingdom 9-7, and animal kingdom 8-6. Staggering opening and closing times, probably to help space out bus demand.

You don't actually have a choice of times, it just has the park hours listed.

At the moment Disney has all dates with the same park hours. Epcot 11-9, Hollywood studios 10-8, magic kingdom 9-7, and animal kingdom 8-6. Staggering opening and closing times, probably to help space out bus demand.

Thanks! I had a hard time believing it would be so slammed for next may, already.

AP holder here. I just made my 3 park reservations for an offsite stay in October with no problem.

That's in addition to some park reservations I made for Dec and Jan based on resort stays.
Much easier today than for the resort stay park reservations.

park hours have changed
AK 8-6
MK 9-7
DHS 10-8
Ep 11-9
I thought the park hours were interesting. Then saw a video of how they are filling buses. I'm guessing they are staggering park opening hours so they can have more buses available to run to each park as they open and close. At least I hope they do. With what appears to be a max of 24 people on a bus, its going to take a lot of buses to get guests to the parks and back.

I’m reporting in just in case my experience can be of use to anyone! I am excited to rebook our tickets on Monday for a January trip, but I could only see my ticket in MDE. The first three times I got through to the initial automated system at the IT help desk (after hitting redial multiple times), I would enter all the requested personal information and finally choose the third option, MDE help. Each time, it would then go to a busy signal and hang up. The fourth time, I followed the same steps but chose the fourth option, technical assistance. This time instead of hanging up it sent me into a queue and after about 20 minutes, I got to talk to a castmember who easily fixed my issue. She said it was probably caused by each of the people I purchased tickets for having their own MDE account. Happy for the fix and looking forward to Monday!

I thought the park hours were interesting. Then saw a video of how they are filling buses. I'm guessing they are staggering park opening hours so they can have more buses available to run to each park as they open and close. At least I hope they do. With what appears to be a max of 24 people on a bus, its going to take a lot of buses to get guests to the parks and back.
link please?

Pure speculation on my part but I think AK first because the animals are up early, MK before DHS because more attractions, next DHS because newer attractions, and Epcot because of less demand than MK or DHS at this time.

Anyone else?

saw a video showing people getting on the bus. The bus seats had numbers 1-6. Each number was listed on 4 seats. From allears.net
at the 21 minute mark.

I have 2 resort stays booked and was able to book 2 additional days. That trip will eventually become a resort stay too so I’m not too concerned. At least I have a park reserved for Friday and Saturday. Hopefully Thursday won’t be hard to get later on.
AP holder here. I just made my 3 park reservations for an offsite stay in October with no problem.

That's in addition to some park reservations I made for Dec and Jan based on resort stays.
Looking for some data points...
For those that had Resort Stays booked and were able to make an extra 3 (or 2 or 1) days of park reservations :
- Did you make park reservations for EVERY day of your resort stay or was the : Arrival, Departure or any day in the middle left open (pool days)?
Thinking that maybe that's why some could make the extra reservations and others couldn't. I have a 6 day/5 night reservation in December and I was unable to book any extra park reservations for the week just before that where I am staying off property. If I were to cancel 1 of my resort stay reservations I could make 1 extra park reservation, but then I could not add that day back to my resort stay (too many days reserved). So with my current reservation I could make 3 days of park reservations any day of the calendar, but then I could only make an additional 3 during my 5 night stay.
Trying to make rhyme or reason of this....

For those that had Resort Stays booked and were able to make an extra 3 (or 2 or 1) days of park reservations :
- Did you make park reservations for EVERY day of your resort stay or was the : Arrival, Departure or any day in the middle left open (pool days)?
Thinking that maybe that's why some could make the extra reservations and others couldn't. I have a 6 day/5 night reservation in December and I was unable to book any extra park reservations for the week just before that where I am staying off property. If I were to cancel 1 of my resort stay reservations I could make 1 extra park reservation, but then I could not add that day back to my resort stay (too many days reserved). So with my current reservation I could make 3 days of park reservations any day of the calendar, but then I could only make an additional 3 during my 5 night stay.

1st trip 3 night res. I booked 3 parks - nothing on arrival day but yes to departure day. 2nd trip 3 night res. I booked 3 parks - yes arrival day, no departure day. For a possible April trip I was able to book 2 days.

1st trip 3 night res. I booked 3 parks - nothing on arrival day but yes to departure day. 2nd trip 3 night res. I booked 3 parks - yes arrival day, no departure day. For a possible April trip I was able to book 2 days.
That's what I've been finding so far. Those with resort stays can book as many days as they have resort reservations for. You have 8 days of resort reservations (6 nights). From what I've seen you could book 8 Park Reservations any day I believe, not just on your resort stay days, but no more than 8 total.

We have a late July trip as Platinum APs. It took some work on Monday but was able to reserve park days for every day including check-in and check-out. I just tried to make a couple of other park days we wanted and am unable. I did not try to cancel one of our on-site park days to see if it would let me reserve something else though. I'm too afraid to lose it.

I had all of my resort stays booked 14 nights. My husband did not (I think he only was using 10 or 11). So I was able to book him for non resort stays. I then cancelled one of my resort ones because if the times dont change I am not sure if we can use it. I was then able to use that 1 opened reservation to make another, but now again I am not able to.

I could not get 3 November park reservations for my son's annual pass today even though it is valid until December. It kept saying that he exceeded his maximum number of park reservations even though I only set up 1 park reservation. Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!

I am unable to even book my days for my resort stay. I currently have a 7 day stay and will only book three days. I have talked to Disney tech desk and they have a work order submitted for my account. However, they couldn't give me a timetable for fix. I find it interesting and frustrating that some can book three plus their stay off campus and I can only book three days in total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter