Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but has anyone heard anything about losing your park day reservation if you cancel your resort stay? We're currently booked for ASMo in late October so we're trying to figure out what to do since it's not scheduled for reopening. It's not really in the budget to upgrade to a moderate for the whole stay, but we also don't want to lose our park day reservations since we got exactly what we wanted for our birthdays!

Just got off the my chat total of 3 hrs and was informed that IT is aware of the grey park boxes and hopefully soon it will be fixed. I am just going to keep getting and see what happens. She did give me IT number and I will call tomorrow. Work is calling me now good luck to all and hopefully we will see each other soon in the parks and we can have one big laugh

I had emailed this question to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com last Friday and the person who called me back yesterday said that I should be able to make reservations for both "buckets" (the term she used too, actually) and that as an AP holder with resort reservations I should have a spot in both buckets. I guess we'll know for sure come Friday! I was able to make length of stay park reservations yesterday for our Christmas trip, just to note.
I just emailed guest communications about the widespread AP greyout issue because it made me feel better to do something while on hold for 3 hours - maybe someone will call me back too...

there are too many posts to read through and so many numbers flying around. but what phone number do you recommend i call if i have an issue with MDE not showing all of my family having tickets (when they clearly do) and then i was only able to make 1 day of park reservations.

my tickets have cause me a headache because my husband, father in law and son all have the same name so i think MDE gets screwed up

there are too many posts to read through and so many numbers flying around. but what phone number do you recommend i call if i have an issue with MDE not showing all of my family having tickets (when they clearly do) and then i was only able to make 1 day of park reservations.

my tickets have cause me a headache because my husband, father in law and son all have the same name so i think MDE gets screwed up
The only number I've been able to get to the hold queue on is 800-848-6413, and then do Option 3. The others all say 'All Circuits Busy'

After 2.5 hours on the 800 number (800-848-6413, option 3), I talked with cast member Emma, and she was amazing!
I had been stuck at one park reservation due to an extra park hopper on my account. She basically made a clone account of me, moved the ticket over to the clone account, sat with me while I made park reservations for three trips (successfully!!), and made sure everything still worked after linking the ticket back. She also mentioned that she was providing my ticket/info to the IT people working on the fix for this "known" issue. Super friendly, super helpful, definitely the picture of the standard of Disney customer service we always hope for.

I am so relieved! It's been a rough 24 hours.

Hoping for the best for those still trying to get solutions...that you get through, that your CMs help you out, etc.

I've had a chat window up in the corner since 10:03 that says connecting and every few minuted updates with a message saying :

at 11:45, Jun 23:
Thank you for your message. A Cast Member will be with you as soon as they become available. We are currently experiencing very high chat volumes due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

However, I can't leave a message, I'm assuming I can only ask a question once they answer? I tried to pr type in my issue, but after a while when a new "update" from them came out it disappeared.
Yes, you can only reply once a CM is connected to the chat. I got the same messages too. I waited about an hour before a CM came on to the chat but she was able to fix everything so do not give up. Hang in there! Fingers crossed

just got on hold with the 800#. Having trouble with Disney locating my tickets when I go to pick a park, I prey they can help!!!!

After 2.5 hours on the 800 number (800-848-6413, option 3), I talked with cast member Emma, and she was amazing!
I had been stuck at one park reservation due to an extra park hopper on my account. She basically made a clone account of me, moved the ticket over to the clone account, sat with me while I made park reservations for three trips (successfully!!), and made sure everything still worked after linking the ticket back. She also mentioned that she was providing my ticket/info to the IT people working on the fix for this "known" issue. Super friendly, super helpful, definitely the picture of the standard of Disney customer service we always hope for.

I am so relieved! It's been a rough 24 hours.

Hoping for the best for those still trying to get solutions...that you get through, that your CMs help you out, etc.
That is exactly what they did for me as well! I couldn't believe it but it worked. CM was so friendly and waited for me to ensure everything was as it should be before linking the other ticket back.

That is exactly what they did for me as well! I couldn't believe it but it worked. CM was so friendly and waited for me to ensure everything was as it should be before linking the other ticket back.
What number had you called for this? I'm on hold with 407-939-4357 which is the IT helpdesk. I am nervous I will have been on hold for nearly three hours and called the wrong number.

I wanted to share an update on Gold AP renewals. An email went out to DVC member services cast members just before 11:00 am authorizing them to renew Gold AP for members prior to their renewal window. I do not know if this only applies to guests with existing reservations after their expiration date or any gold AP holder. I also do not know if this applies to other levels of AP. I just happened to be in this very situation while on the phone with the member's services cast member when she received the email.

My pass was not "extended" but rather I was issued a Gold AP "renewal voucher" that was linked to MDE it shows the 12/31/30 expiration like an ordinary AP voucher that has not been redeemed and allowed me to make my park reservations.

Also, as a side note, I used an autodialer to get through to member services after 200 failed attempts in the last 24 hours that all resulted in busy signals. The autodialer had me on hold after less than a minute. The wait time was quoted as 35 minutes but was actually just under an hour.

Thanks so much for sharing this, I was hoping they would make this an option!

After 4 hrs of being on the with IT 800#( 3 hrs hold, 1 hr talk), the call ended with zero resolution.

The conclusion is:
- There is a known issue of for AP trying to book multiple reservation pass days (most folks know this)
**** NO ETA at this time. I'll get an email. No ticket number to reference... just check the site
- We have a current AP through the end of Sept (note we're trying to book prior to the expiration of AP #1)
- We have th AP vouchers in MDE - We purchased months ago throw DVC and has been in our MDE account for months.
***** As these are vouchers, they aren't considered active and can't be used to reserve the park passes. This has no relevance to the Sept 6-12 dates I'm trying to reserve but somehow it does according to the person I spoke with. Perhaps the extension of the APs due to the closure was yet another mess?

- I inquired about our other 24 days of unbooked park days and then she went down hill by stating to me "There is nothing wrong with the 14 day limit "that is how the system is designed to limit all guests to 14 days of park resvations regardless of how many resort days they book.". She went on to say the system is a reuse of the Fast Pass system and it limits reservations to 14... apple & oranges here...

I reminded her that, though park access is not garrantteed, to knowingly impose a limitation of a product (AP) and to believe and communicate it is acceptable, is the farthest thing from right.

To have an AP with a cap and a reduction in features (PH) and the park reservation system doesn't effectively support it is interesting...

She then said to me to go to the front desk upon arrival to the resort if the park passes are sold out for each of the stays I couldn't reserve. SMH...

Thanks for listening and hope this sheds some light for folks and hopefully will save others a lot of wasted time.

My next stop is DVC to share some thoughts...

Be safe all and best of luck with your reservations and enjoy your vacations. We''l be there in a couple weeks, though we will have to roll the dice on dining. :)

LOL I just chatted with "Bonnie" too! The chat window opened up when I tried to get rates for the Bungalow. She did some trouble shooting:

(Bonnie) Let me try one other thing, if not I will put in a ticket with our web team so they add that to the priority list. They are actively working on that exact issue so it may be fixed soon.

(ME) I had the Reached Limit issue all yesterday. The greyed out issue is a new one since last night. Have been trying almost nonstop since 7:00 am yesterday :-(

(Bonnie) I do understand, I did just try another way but that did not seem to open that as well. I can not book via chat. I know it is frustrating, I will pass the information to the team that is working on it. For now if you would like you can call our MyDisneyExperience at (407) 939-4357 and they can assist a different way, I'll leave a note you chatted and I put in the ticket already.

We shall see...
Same- only I talked to “Lacy”. She told me only to call the IT number because they were the only ones that could help. At least I can take the other 6 numbers I was calling out of the rotation 🙄

Yes, you can only reply once a CM is connected to the chat. I got the same messages too. I waited about an hour before a CM came on to the chat but she was able to fix everything so do not give up. Hang in there! Fingers crossed
Chat answered at 12:47 after queuing at 10:03. I'll see if Michelle can help me at all or not, she is looking into it.

Has anyone had to switch hotels? We are booked at POR. A cm told me I had to switch hotels for my December trip and that is why I still can not book parks. I am so frustrated! This is the 4th cm telling me something different and no resolution. We have POR booked Dec. 4-18 with a 10 day ticket.

The only number I've been able to get to the hold queue on is 800-848-6413, and then do Option 3. The others all say 'All Circuits Busy'
I finally had someone pick up on this number but with Option 4 on my landline after 2 hours 45 mins; my cell is at 4 hours on hold with this number but Option 3

Not sure everyone saw this - APs will be pulling park reservations from a Separate Bucket vs onsite guests.
So what you’re saying is that despite Disney opening up the reservation system to resort guests first it really didn’t mean Disney was valuing hotel guests more. And with the smooth roll out I would argue having resort guests book first was actually devalued going through all of these issues.

Disney remains one of the few companies who can get away with this over and over. I’m always in awe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter