• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Automative voice said 30min wait, that was almost 3 hours ago! This is ridiculous! I can feel a migraine coming on. 😠😣

Me too. I can't get a chat window and I've been on hold now for 2 and 1/2 hours. The music and message stopped awhile ago so I'm really worried that no one is answering. I'm afraid to hang up and try again though 😢
The music loop just ends after a long hold. You have not been disconnected.

I was able to chat through the MDE App yesterday. I submitted my question at 6:30 am, and finally got an answer at 4:00pm. I have 2 reservations: one for Sept 18-21, and one for Oct 2-11. I was able to book park res for everyone in my party except me and my wife (all of us have same, platinum APs and resort reservation #), and my nephew from my in-law's party (different resort res. #, but same AP). It was only allowing me and my wife 3 days of the October trip. It allowed 3 days in October for the nephew as well, but then stated he didn't even have tickets. Our original AP expiration date would've been the 4th day of our October trip, so it made sense to me that our expiration dates haven't updated in the system yet. Still didn't explain why me and my wife couldn't book for September, but go figure. Anyway, I explained all of this in the chat and she sent me a link to a form and said she'd put a note on my account. The form was only name, address, MDE email, phone, resort reservation #. No space for any notes. Got up this morning, logged back in, and was able to book all parks for the 3 of us for both trips. Just posting this for those that think they have no outlet or their situation seems hopeless. I think they're really working on it, and I'm just as frustrated as everyone else that they can't seem to get these roll-outs right. Here's hoping you all have a Magical day!

That would be great if you could get into Chat--which I have been unable to do all morning. Further, I only have APs in my account and I have now swapped the hold on there message wherein it said I had exceeded my limit (yesterday) to the gray screen of no parks available today. I have finally gotten placed on hold with IT, not that I have much hope of any resolution. I was excited this a.m. to see how others were able to get booked last night, but sure didn't work for me this morning. :confused: How hard could it possibly be for Disney to put a message on the log in page about the known issues with an ETA for repair.
I am in the chat now waiting I just want an answer on when I can add my days I keep u all posted I have a few hours until I gotta leave for work

So what about people with AP vouchers?? I figured these were straight up new vouchers (not renewal vouchers as I didn't think that was possible) Does this mean if you're willing to pay for a new AP and get a voucher you can add the voucher to your booking and then make the park reservations? I'm basically thinking of some workarounds and I have a few ideas:

1) Buy a regular park pass and add it to MDE so I can book my park passes and then when I arrive I'll put that value of that pass towards my renewal instead
2) Cancel my current AP and take the refund for the closed period and get a new AP voucher that would allow me to make the bookings

It's outrageous that AP holders are being penalised based on their renewal dates!!
I agree, I really don't think Disney realized how AP's were going to be affected by all the variables. I was told last week that Disney was no longer going to allow converting a regular park ticket to an AP. This was exactly what I was going to do for our trip in November. She also talked to a supervisor and was told the same thing. They offered to refund me for my 9 day park hopper ticket and allow me to purchase an AP, which is a voucher. This made me good to go for our November stay as well as our June stay, but since my husband's AP expires January 2021 he doesn't have a current ticket tied to a resort so therefore he cannot reserve a park. So in essence, he is being penalized based on his renewal rate. Disney should allow all AP's to renew early. I mean my goodness it would be money for them now. Maybe cancelling the current AP would work and getting a new AP would work. At this point I want to just cry for awhile.

I'm trying to cancel our trip arriving July 31st, but have had no luck getting through. We need to cancel by June 30th. For those that have called and talked to someone do you have any tips on the best times to call?
Good Luck. I can't even get the payment system to process my payment online. 0r get through by phone. My PIF date is July 10.

5,000,000 shades of gray....

I've been stowed away in this boat getting sea sick with everyone else for the thousands of posts... Thanks for all of the time and effort folks have dedicated to keep this thread alive and helping to get everyone booked.

I remained silent as I didn't want to repeat the same as others had already covered.

I did have something to share and hopefully this will give some sort of direction and someone smarter than me will be able to find a work around!

Bit of context.
- DVC Member, AP (current and renewal cert), 5 DVC reservations with a total of 30 nights.
- Yesterday encountered a ton of errors, the castle, space mountain and maybe even saw the Care Bears walk through the room but I cold have imagined that part...
- I now have the "GRAY days" as it seems to be the flavor of the day as so many folks do today

On my latest series of attempts I tried something different; I removed my wife and I from our party on the Party screen. I think went into the "add a guest", selected the reservation option. I entered one of our reservation numbers, and selected us and added to our party. When we moved ahead to select the dates, ALL dates were available; no more grayed out parks!

I was not able to proceed as it said the "new us" didn't have park tickets. I unselected the "original us" and received the same error.

In summary: MDE shows all of our reservations in the My Plans page, we both have our tickets assigned to us, yet the park system does not recognize us as staying at a resort (assuming this is the reason for the gray parks)

As a side note: I've been n hold on the 800 Tech number for approx two hours, listening to silence. So for the folks lucky enough to get through and hear nothing, don't hang up as you're still in queue...

Thanks for listening. Hopefully tomorrow's events don't include lightning and locust...

I'm about to try that now. Question though - I read on Disney's page that they're extending tickets so they can be used through September 2021. If I use the Park Reservation system and confirm the two dates in October we originally planned to go, am I locked in or could I change my mind later and use them before September 2021?

If they’re package tickets the expiration goes with your hotel stay, if you own them outright (bought from a 3rd party, bought directly from
Disney as not part of a package) they’re extended.
People have been changing dates of park reservations so I assume that you could change yours if you own them outright.

5,000,000 shades of gray....

I've been stowed away in this boat getting sea sick with everyone else for the thousands of posts... Thanks for all of the time and effort folks have dedicated to keep this thread alive and helping to get everyone booked.

I remained silent as I didn't want to repeat the same as others had already covered.

I did have something to share and hopefully this will give some sort of direction and someone smarter than me will be able to find a work around!

Bit of context.
- DVC Member, AP (current and renewal cert), 5 DVC reservations with a total of 30 nights.
- Yesterday encountered a ton of errors, the castle, space mountain and maybe even saw the Care Bears walk through the room but I cold have imagined that part...
- I now have the "GRAY days" as it seems to be the flavor of the day as so many folks do today

On my latest series of attempts I tried something different; I removed my wife and I from our party on the Party screen. I think went into the "add a guest", selected the reservation option. I entered one of our reservation numbers, and selected us and added to our party. When we moved ahead to select the dates, ALL dates were available; no more grayed out parks!

I was not able to proceed as it said the "new us" didn't have park tickets. I unselected the "original us" and received the same error.

In summary: MDE shows all of our reservations in the My Plans page, we both have our tickets assigned to us, yet the park system does not recognize us as staying at a resort (assuming this is the reason for the gray parks)

As a side note: I've been n hold on the 800 Tech number for approx two hours, listening to silence. So for the folks lucky enough to get through and hear nothing, don't hang up as you're still in queue...

Thanks for listening. Hopefully tomorrow's events don't include lightning and locust...
I bet you are right about the Park Pass system not recognizing the resort stay even though it's in MDE . I never received an email saying that I could make Park Passes because of a resort stay, only one that said I could because of my AP. Should have know then that this was going to be a mess.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION -

So you know that screen where you have to choose the members of your party? For whatever reason, I had me, my wife and my daughter were there as choices, but so were Guest A and Guest B. They've always been there, going back years so I didn't think anything of it.

I deleted Guest A and Guest B and blam, I was able to make my reservations right away, like butter. I'm thinking that you have to delete excess guests on you account and only have the people that are going this time around on there? Anyway, screw Guest A and Guest B - I was tired of carrying them around all these years anyway.

Did anyone else have trouble booking a Park for check in and check out days? Why would that be limited? We always start our trip With an evening at a theme park. Thx

I didnt have any problems, I booked one for check in day and check out day.

Just wanted to give my experience. I was on hold for 2.5 hours this morning with the 1-800-848-6413 Option 4 number. The person I spoke with was able to book my park days for me! On my own I had only been able to book 4 of my days out of a 10 day trip. I was surprised since I had been reading yesterday that CMs were not able to book park passes.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION -

So you know that screen where you have to choose the members of your party? For whatever reason, I had me, my wife and my daughter were there as choices, but so were Guest A and Guest B. They've always been there, going back years so I didn't think anything of it.

I deleted Guest A and Guest B and blam, I was able to make my reservations right away, like butter. I'm thinking that you have to delete excess guests on you account and only have the people that are going this time around on there? Anyway, screw Guest A and Guest B - I was tired of carrying them around all these years anyway.

Hahaha this made me laugh! I'll give a go!

I just got off the phone with a CM using the 1-800 number. She was able to add on Park Passes for my 2nd trip! For my 3rd trip, she was not able to do that and said I would need to wait until the IT ticket that was opened up yesterday for me is fixed. She said it is a known issue where the system is not recognizing any duplicate trips. In order for her to add on passes for the 2nd trip she needed to basically duplicate our annual passes, make the park pass under the duplicates, and then merge everything back together again.

Now my 3rd trip is the one for Thanksgiving week, and that is the one I'm most worried about getting, but slowly inching my way closer LOL.

The number I called is 800-848-6413 - I was on hold for a little under 3 hours.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter