Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

I had my TA take off my park hoppers - made no difference. I reassigned some random tickets that were never ours to begin with to another "person" and was able to book another day... Now trying to get past the thing that says "not so fast" for the rest of our days as it doesn't think we have tickets... :oops:

I just was able to book all of my six days in December [AP - Swan Hotel]. My reservation page says HS "arrive between 10 am - 8 pm"
Epcot says "arrive between 11 am-9 pm" MK says "arrive between 9 am - 7 pm". BUT, when I click on Reservation Detail it tells me to arrive in each park one hour later........HS 11 am; Epcot 12 noon; MK 10 am. Maybe this is just to slow down the park entries, but without Fastpass, the rope drop is the only way to ride the best attractions w/o waiting in long lines all day. Any thoughts?
thx

seems to me that is what it is saying for everybody. if anybody has anything different maybe they'll chime in??

You guys I have finally cried tears of joy after finally being able to make reservations for all days of my trip! I had the issue of having another ticket impacting the trip I was trying to schedule. I tried IT but they only opened a ticket. Chat was the way to go. Cast Member "Lindi" worked with her support team take the other tickets and move them to an "alias" of me in MDE which allowed me to immediately reserve parks for all of my other days!!!!! Then she moved the tickets back and the park passes were all there! For anyone having issues with tickets interfering with one another and only allowing you to book one day, please use the chat feature! It was amazing!

I called last night around 10:20 EST. Got through on the third time dialing the number. Was on hold for 20 minutes max and spoke with a very nice CM. Maybe try this evening?

You guys I have finally cried tears of joy after finally being able to make reservations for all days of my trip! I had the issue of having another ticket impacting the trip I was trying to schedule. I tried IT but they only opened a ticket. Chat was the way to go. Cast Member "Lindi" worked with her support team take the other tickets and move them to an "alias" of me in MDE which allowed me to immediately reserve parks for all of my other days!!!!! Then she moved the tickets back and the park passes were all there! For anyone having issues with tickets interfering with one another and only allowing you to book one day, please use the chat feature! It was amazing!
Where do you see chat?

Hey everyone! It has been SO long since I posted on the boards here (I used be a regular) but it's been lovely coming back and this thread was so helpful yesterday. I followed the dining reservation trick to eventually get through and make park passes but I'm one of the unlucky ones that can only book for one day and then everything gets greyed out (I've tried cancelling and starting with my last day) - seems I might have this problem because I have both an AP and a 14 day UK unlimited ticket to my name. The 14 day shows up as 'non transferable' when I go to the 'tickets and memory maker' section in MDE. I assume this means I can't try the reassign workaround.

Also I notice people talking about having an AP voucher - I currently have a gold pass (I'm DVC) and I would be happy to get a voucher if it enabled me to book park passes for later trips (my AP is due to expire in January), how do you go about getting an AP voucher?

Unfortunately, this is turning out like everyone feared.
I feel sorry for the CMs answering the phones. None of this is their fault, but I suspect they are taking the bulk of it.
Can't get through on the 407, 800 or DVC numbers, chat is grayed out.
At least I have one trip reserved.
When I try and reserve park days for the other, it says not available. When I look at availability, there are plenty of days under resort stay.
And this will only get worse in the next few days and more people are able to reserve park days.

I've tried the chat in the app - the online version is constantly greyed out - is this the one you used?

I just was able to book all of my six days in December [AP - Swan Hotel]. My reservation page says HS "arrive between 10 am - 8 pm"
Epcot says "arrive between 11 am-9 pm" MK says "arrive between 9 am - 7 pm". BUT, when I click on Reservation Detail it tells me to arrive in each park one hour later........HS 11 am; Epcot 12 noon; MK 10 am. Maybe this is just to slow down the park entries, but without Fastpass, the rope drop is the only way to ride the best attractions w/o waiting in long lines all day. Any thoughts?
thx

seems to me that is what it is saying for everybody. if anybody has anything different maybe they'll chime in??
Hi everyone - I am completely and utterly lost with what's going on with this reservation pass system and other changes, and would really appreciate anyone's help. Several months ago (before COVID), we booked a stay at the Polynesian for 2 days for the end of October 2020 as well as Park Hopper passes for those same two days. I haven't been able to get anyone at Disney (or elsewhere) to answer any questions, so would be very grateful if anyone could help with the below questions (apologies in advance if these are basic, I'm just not a Disney expert):
  • We already purchased park passes for those two days. Do we still need to go into this new Pass Reservation System and select the specific days we want to go and the specific park we want to go to each day? The tickets no longer seem to be showing up in the "My Plans" section. I'm not sure I understand why I need to go into this new system just to essentially "re-select" the days we already booked for.
  • It looks like you can only select one park per day. Do we just essentially lose the Park Hopper benefit of those passes? Can we get refunded for the added cost of the Park Hopper option we already paid for?
  • We're not traveling until October. Is there a chance that some of these new policies (like no Park Hopper, no fireworks/parades, limited admission, etc) change before then?
  • Do all these changes only apply to the park passes? Do I need to do anything with my Polynesian resort reservation, or should that still stand?
Thank you all!

Long story short, yes, you need to go in and select park reservation dates.

Park Hopping is gone for now.

It's not likely to get better by October.

If you wait to get your park reservations - especially for October - you may get shut out.

As for reselecting - park reservations and room reservations both have to be made. You already have the room. You already have the ticket. Hopefully you've linked them and if not you should do that with the room and tickets if you can't see them in MDE. If you see both make your park reservations.

That would be great if you could get into Chat--which I have been unable to do all morning. Further, I only have APs in my account and I have now swapped the hold on there message wherein it said I had exceeded my limit (yesterday) to the gray screen of no parks available today. I have finally gotten placed on hold with IT, not that I have much hope of any resolution. I was excited this a.m. to see how others were able to get booked last night, but sure didn't work for me this morning. :confused: How hard could it possibly be for Disney to put a message on the log in page about the known issues with an ETA for repair.

Calling now.... I think I got through on redial number 50. I got a welcome message and the choose your menu message and now it’s been silent for 15 minutes but my phone is still counting like I’m connected so....

I'm just afraid that all the dates are going to be taken by the time it gets fixed and we'll be completely screwed.

Agreed. I am still only able to book one day of reservations and am incredibly frustrated to see that some dates are starting to fill up. If the dates I want fill up before IT gets this fixed, it's on them...since I was ready with everyone else early yesterday morning to get my parks booked. And now on Friday they're letting a whole other big group of guests into the system, so I really hope I can have my park reservations before then! I fear that if we are truly screwed, Disney won't do much of anything to make it right, even though it would be so easy for them! I've lost more faith in them with all of this.

What happens to the park reservations if I decide to change my resort at a later date?
There hasn't been info yet about this that I know of but probably they would dissappear and you would need to go back in and make new reservations.

Hey everyone! It has been SO long since I posted on the boards here (I used be a regular) but it's been lovely coming back and this thread was so helpful yesterday. I followed the dining reservation trick to eventually get through and make park passes but I'm one of the unlucky ones that can only book for one day and then everything gets greyed out (I've tried cancelling and starting with my last day) - seems I might have this problem because I have both an AP and a 14 day UK unlimited ticket to my name. The 14 day shows up as 'non transferable' when I go to the 'tickets and memory maker' section in MDE. I assume this means I can't try the reassign workaround.

Also I notice people talking about having an AP voucher - I currently have a gold pass (I'm DVC) and I would be happy to get a voucher if it enabled me to book park passes for later trips (my AP is due to expire in January), how do you go about getting an AP voucher?
My DH has an AP that also expires in January 2021. After trying for 5 hours yesterday, I finally was able to talk to a CM who transferred me to ticketing where I was told We couldn't by a renewal voucher until 60 days before AP expires. So in other words thank you for being a loyal AP holder, but you will not be able to book your park reservations for next year. Good luck. To say I am disappointed with Disney right now is an understatement. First they should have only opened up the reservation system for those who have stays July-September. With them allowing now until September 26, 2021 they have created a gigantic mess and creating many frantic stressed out Disney park guests.

I had my TA take off my park hoppers - made no difference. I reassigned some random tickets that were never ours to begin with to another "person" and was able to book another day... Now trying to get past the thing that says "not so fast" for the rest of our days as it doesn't think we have tickets... :oops:

View attachment 503424

OK this worked for me. After not being able to pick more than one park day, I reassigned these 2 random tickets to a person who's fake, and then had the TA take off the park hoppers. Now I was able to very easily book all 8 of our park days. If you have any random tickets on your account move them to someone who's not going and then try. Worked perfect. I'm so relieved! I hope this helps someone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter