• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

After 2 hours on hold with MDE technical support, I was told that that the override to make park reservations by phone is no longer working. I have 11/20 and 4/21 DVC reservations and an AP (expires 12/20 but renewal certificate that expires 12/21) but could only book 3 of the 5 days of my 11/20 trip. I used Chrome in incognito mode and my resort stays & APs are listed properly in MDE. I was told that they are well aware of the DVC/AP issue and are currently working on it and maybe that's why the phone override no longer works. It might be fixed by later today.
This is a little funny because my cast member from 10 a.m. told me they were PURPOSELY shut out on doing any via phone park reservations. Matter of fact I had already chosen my parks and he said he was not even able to see what I got. So this info seems interesting me. I am thinking this was no glitch and there was never an override intended.
It is highly possible that they just didn't want to bog down the system by having CM trying to compete with all of us for park reservations.

This is really annoying -- one of my friends that does not even have a resort reservation can make park reservations, but I cannot. Driving me crazy! This person has no annual pass and no reservations - yikes Disney IT.

What I have been doing wrong all day - trying since 7am and only 1 park reservation and someone with no resort reservation OR park tickets can make reservations!
Maybe your friend is joking with you. I have no resort and no tickets and I can't reserve anything. I just checked because of your comment.

So those of us AP holders who have those dangling days because of that dang free dining that was rescinded, anyone having luck? I was on hold for 7 hours over 4 different calls today but kept getting dropped. Any ideas of what we should do?
No idea, we're in the same boat. We can only get 1 day. I've been on hold for 2 hrs and suspect I'm not going to get through before 11. I'll just ry again in the AM and try to get in a call queue first thing.

Does anyone know the best number to try calling first thing in the AM? Lines open at 7am EST, right?

Maybe your friend is joking with you. I have no resort and no tickets and I can't reserve anything. I just checked because of your comment.
No, the person is not even going to Disney but is linked to my account. I select her account and she can make a park reservation, but my account with a valid AP and park tickets - nothing. So very frustrating! Maybe, someone is telling me to just cancel this trip.

I kept getting greyed out parks every time I selected a date.
DH and our kids had Nov 25 and 26 booked from this morning, but I didn't. I decided to only try booking parks for me on Nov 25 and 26 and it worked. But then every time I tried doing any other dates with both me and DH, more greyed out parks. I went through and added parks for myself for every resort day (24 days in total) - the only trouble I had was booking for our January trip. I was able to book Jan 6 (MK) and 9 (DHS) no problem, but every time I selected a park for the 7, 8, 10, and 11, it said no times available and directed me to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder to check for park availability.
I kept refreshing and going back and forth, and was finally able to book all my park reservations.
We still can't book DH. Every time we select his profile to book a date, the parks are greyed out. The only thing we can think of is he's got an active platinum AP (exp Oct 2020) AND an AP voucher (good through 2030). That doesn't explain why he was able to book park reservations for Nov 25 and 26 this morning though.

The mere fact we all have to do this for a vacation is crazy. 😂
I think I spend more time planning a vacation than I do actually being ON vacation. Disney vacations take so much planning, but at the end of the day I love it all. The waiting, the anticipation, the nervousness around getting ADRs and FP+ (well not anymore I guess...), trying to get the perfect flight at the perfect price, getting a good rate on a hotel, agonizing over whether DDP is actually a deal or not, listening to numerous podcasts hoping to hear that one insight that will change everything, YouTube constantly popping up with DFB clickbait (although it never really is clickbait, always good stuff), refreshing pages on the DisBoards, Scrolling through "new posts" on the DisBoards, joining a FB group based on your trip dates...it's all part of what makes Disney and the Disney community of crazy people so much damn fun!!!

Finally got my mom the last four days of her weeklong trip in August. My parents have Gold APs. I had no problem booking my dad’s seven days this morning (once we actually got logged in), but my mom was capped at the three reservations (assume this was because she is also linked to a January 2021 CCV reservation) until now. No issues logging in on Edge just now. I did have to select the last three dates multiple times before it showed any park availability!

To all those who are still waiting and watching castles, orbits, and millennium falcons...have patience.

I first tried yesterday at midnight.

I then got up at 7 and tried for almost 2 hours. I did some work, then tried again at 12.

I got more castles and more orbits. I read through the thread and tried the dining reservation workaround and got the millennium falcon. I sat waiting for 2 hours and then did some laundry while checking on my three tabs (two in chrome, one in incognito chrome).

After another hour or so, I noticed one tab go to a blue screen behind another tab I was working on. I quickly hit it, logged in, and was able to get my park reservations for early September 2020 at around 5 pm.

Hang in there, it will work!
Glad it worked for you, but I have been doing the same thing today and it is not working.

Trying all of the great suggestions posted here did not stop all of the parks from being grayed out, no matter the date selected, nor how many times I refreshed, logged out and back in, etc.; but, when I unchecked my name and instead selected somebody else in my party, who has no pass/tix, all of the parks suddenly were available for selecting. I then went back to uncheck that person and select myself, and all I got was the same group of grayed out parks. This is frustrating!

No idea, we're in the same boat. We can only get 1 day. I've been on hold for 2 hrs and suspect I'm not going to get through before 11. I'll just ry again in the AM and try to get in a call queue first thing.

Does anyone know the best number to try calling first thing in the AM? Lines open at 7am EST, right?
I just got off the phone with a CM, she was rude and I could tell she was done with it for today. She informed me that you couldn't make a reservation until 50 days out of arrival even though I already have one. After waiting on hold for 2 hours it was not the conversation that should have taken place. I was polite, patient, and got shut down. Didn't even ask me my name our reservation #. What a load.

For anyone still facing the issue of not being able to make park reservations for all of the days for your trip (and you aren't an AP holder), there is another flavor of the problem: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Tickets.

I found that once I made a park reservation for the day I originally had MNSSHP tickets for, it would not longer let me make any reservations for the other days of my trip and I got the "One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections" message for every day on the calendar. What I did to solve this: canceled the park reservation for the former MNSSHP day, made reservations for every day except that day, and made the reservation for that day last. It worked!

Hope this helps someone else who has been struggling getting their reservations!!

(I can't take full credit for finding this solution -- someone else found it in a Facebook group.)
YOU ARE AWESOME😍😍😍
After hours and hours of wondering why it would not let me book more than three days out of a six day ticket, I now have them secured. We originally had mnsshp on 9/15 which what was screwing it up. Though I was really hesitant to wipe out what I did have, it ended up working out perfect. Thank you so much☺ Now to deal with getting our resort changed😵😵😵

Trying all of the great suggestions posted here did not stop all of the parks from being grayed out, no matter the date selected, nor how many times I refreshed, logged out and back in, etc.; but, when I unchecked my name and instead selected somebody else in my party, who has no pass/tix, all of the parks suddenly were available for selecting. I then went back to uncheck that person and select myself, and all I got was the same group of grayed out parks. This is frustrating!
Oh my goodness, same thing is happening to me! I do not know what to do about this situation - it is just wrong and weird. Could I re-assign my ticket to this person and go to the parks under an alias??

What kind of ticket media do you have? The same issue is happening with my husband. He has a platinum AP (exp extended to Oct 2020) and a platinum AP voucher (exp 2030).

Oh my goodness, same thing is happening to me! I do not know what to do about this situation - it is just wrong and weird. Could I re-assign my ticket to this person and go to the parks under an alias??
What kind of tickets do you have? AP? More than one type?

I think it's likely that whatever is holding you back from reservations in the system isn't the same issue that the people who can now make reservations were experiencing. I was only ever able to make one day of reservations and I still can't make any more. Hopefully, IT is working to resolve this issue as well. Hang in there!

Same problem here - only able to book one day at a time. We have two separate weeks booked, and same thing across all of them. My wife tried dropping the day and booking others, and she was able to book every day of the trip, just never more than one total at any time (drop one, pick up a day, drop it, pick up a day) - so it's nothing to do with the time frame (one trip 8/22-8/29, the other 11/29-12/5).

After about 3-1/2 hours, I was finally just able to get someone, but unfortunately (as I expected), she couldn't help. She tried some things "on the back end," but she was having the same problem. She at least understood what the problem is that we're experiencing, and it looks like she saw it for herself. She opened a ticket for us, but she did advise to keep trying in case they fix the issue across the board. I really just wanted to have the ticket open and also to make sure it's known about that specific issue and add to #s of those calling in about it. Hopefully they get it fixed overnight. Total call time, 3 hours 38 minutes. Also, that call was my 89th try (first 88 were busy, dead air, all circuits busy, etc.).

Cast Member was very pleasant and friendly, despite an obviously full day of this.

I switched to incognito mode on my phone and am finally not getting Olaf anymore, but all parks are faint (not full color) and it says "one or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections"

Same here, the parks are still all greyed out. Was only able to get 1 park ressie for a 5 night stay (earlier this morning)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter