Disney World Honeymoon Tips Wanted

ChloeChipper

Mouseketeer
Ive read a bunch of threads about Disney World honeymoons. Now that everything is opening back up, and places are filling up.. What are some tips that you can share for a couple having their honeymoon at WDW (March 2023). They are trying to trade a timeshare week for a week at Disney, or nearby. AND will probably stay a couple nights on-site at the end. Can you give me some tips for them? What special things are a must do, and what should they skip? Do you suggest any of the signature meals? Any tours? Anything that would be amazing that common visitors might not know about? They have a Disney World fund as part of their registry! In the past we were able to schedule a disney photographer, and we bought a disc full of the photos - is that still a thing? (they were combined with the photopass pictures from the parks).

Edit.. The wedding is not in WDW. They are getting married in California and flying to WDW alone for their honeymoon.

Thanks in advance :)

We are going on our honeymoon in Disney in September 2023!

I think the Disney Honeymoon Registry is awesome - we have one set up and that is our only registry (we've lived together for over 4 years and don't need "stuff" from a normal registry). I think it's really cool because guests feel like they're buying an experience or something specific, but we can use the gift card for whatever we want!

Regarding the photos - they do have "Capture your Moment" sessions. It costs $50, and a photographer personally walks you around the park and takes photos for 30 minutes. The photos are loaded right into your photopass on the MDE app. We did one in January when we got engaged and it was very cool - they had props to use in the photos, and they did a really good job of steering people away from you to make sure no one was in the background of your photos. They do these sessions in every park, and in my opinion it was well worth it for only $50!

I would definitely recommend some signature romantic dinners - California Grill, Narcoosee's, Jiko, Le Cellier, etc.

Definitely make sure Disney knows it's the honeymoon! Make sure they get "happily ever after" buttons to wear. We got buttons for when we got engaged in Disney, and we got free champagne at almost every restaurant we went to!

Dessert party with fireworks
Pontoon boat rental for private fireworks viewing
Park tour such as keys to the kingdom (MK) or Savor the Savannah at AK
Victoria and Alberts will be opening this summer

We had our Honeymoon at DW in December 2022. We wore some honeymoon shirts and Honeymoon buttons and got lots of Congrats and some desserts and drinks free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter