• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Gas Prices **gasp**

TLSnell1981

Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine
Almost $6 a gallon! :eek: :faint:
TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

“Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22/florida-drivers-shelling-out-nearly-6-a-gallon-at-some-gas-stations/

Don't panic too much. I'm betting that's the Shell station on Vineland Rd. near the outlets. They're often well over $1 over the usual price and they don't display their prices if they can help it. There's also a Chevron station on I-4/SR 535 near Downtown Disney that practices the same predatory pricing.

The Hess stations on property are usually at about market pricing and I know there's a couple nearer the airport on the Bee Line that are quite fair. Just stay away from that Shell and the Chevron and you should be OK...just make sure you look at the pump before you fill.

Don't panic too much. I'm betting that's the Shell station on Vineland Rd. near the outlets. They're often well over $1 over the usual price.

Yikes...$5 a gallon isn't much comfort. I think, it's a sign of where things are going.

We found a gas station on 192 during our last trip that practiced the same thing. No advertised price on the sign and the price at the pump was $1 more than the station down the street.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. We were in DTD just a few days ago and it was $3.62 at the Hess. Looks like CBS deliberately sought out the highest, most unfair stations in the entire area. Good grief. If you're paying over $4/gal in Central Florida right now, you're an idiot.

Is that the station that never displays its prices (which is illegal here, not sure about FL)?

Thanks for all the info, now I know where to avoid

Yeah, that's ridiculous. We were in DTD just a few days ago and it was $3.62 at the Hess. Looks like CBS deliberately sought out the highest, most unfair stations in the entire area. Good grief. If you're paying over $4/gal in Central Florida right now, you're an idiot.

That a little harsh. I know when I get gas I never look at the price at the pump, I just go by the sign. I would never expect for a few gas station to be over two dollars higher.

We drove down in Jan and we were on 95. I noticed I was going to need gas soon but decieded to wait till I got on I4. Well the first exit on I4 is quite a ways and my gas light ended up coming on. So we took the first exit and followed the signs to the only gas station in the area...To my surprise $3.99 it you paid cash and $4.09 if it was a cc. I couldnt go anywhere else because I didnt know how close the next exit was and I had read dont buy gas near disney so I just assumed well this is close to disney. Of course when we jumped back on the highway and the next exit was only a mile or 2 and gas was $3.25 I was a bit annoyed...oh well

Those stations have been overcharging for awhile.

We find the Hess stations property to be below or at market value. We always get all of our gas at the Hess stations on property.

Tiger

That a little harsh. I know when I get gas I never look at the price at the pump, I just go by the sign. I would never expect for a few gas station to be over two dollars higher.

Think we got our wires crossed. The issue is that some (well, 2) Orlando gas stations are not posting prices at all (which, as of August, was illegal), *not* that the posted sign wasn't matching the pump price. If someone goes into a gas station and doesn't look at the price at all (if there's no sign, I assume most people would at least look at the pump price), that's their own fault...though I shouldn't call them an idiot, you're right.

The price differences an earlier poster referenced was between the predatory stations and the stations down the street, not the sign and the pump, if that makes sense.

Don't panic too much. I'm betting that's the Shell station on Vineland Rd. near the outlets. They're often well over $1 over the usual price and they don't display their prices if they can help it. There's also a Chevron station on I-4/SR 535 near Downtown Disney that practices the same predatory pricing.

The Hess stations on property are usually at about market pricing and I know there's a couple nearer the airport on the Bee Line that are quite fair. Just stay away from that Shell and the Chevron and you should be OK...just make sure you look at the pump before you fill.

Yep, those are the ones they're talking about. The ones on property are usually among the lowest priced actually-and I've bought gas in and around this area for the last 4 years. The one near the outlets and college program housing is legendary for it's high prices.

If you're wondering-actual prices around here are running $3.55 at BJ's to about $3.70 close to the turnpike.

Think we got our wires crossed. The issue is that some (well, 2) Orlando gas stations are not posting prices at all (which, as of August, was illegal), *not* that the posted sign wasn't matching the pump price. If someone goes into a gas station and doesn't look at the price at all (if there's no sign, I assume most people would at least look at the pump price), that's their own fault...though I shouldn't call them an idiot, you're right.

The price differences an earlier poster referenced was between the predatory stations and the stations down the street, not the sign and the pump, if that makes sense.

Predatory, great description. :thumbsup2

OMG! Thats the place we got taken! :lmao: Jeez, we were SO mad. It was our fault for not looking and just assuming the price was around $3.29 like every other place. but NOPE it was $5.29!!

Im only glad we were down a half tank, I might have had a heart attack. We will always be sure to look after that. Beware people, Beware, lol!

That station near MCO was just featured on the ABC evening news for their high prices.

Hey, they are in Lake Buena Vista and near the airport ...rental car return. 'nough said.;)

We're at $4 for premium and diesel....and I say, "THAT'S TOO MUCH!pirate:

They'll really start gougin' round Spring Break 'n then there's summer. It's the price hikes at the grocery store that gives me fits. :headache:

We were just there Jan 28 - Feb 2nd, and the gas at the on-property Hess, was cheaper than the two blocks away from my house BP. ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter