Disney world ending their Annual Pass (Not)

nintz

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow"
Say its ain't so! Disney world is ending their annual passes! Currently you can renew if your existing, however, New Annual passes are no longer offered. How do you feel! Is this the straw that breaks the camel back?

Last edited:
This is for Disneyland only as of now

There is an article by the Tampa Bay Times that is reporting it as being the case for WDW but that is inaccurate/clickbait

Right now WDW is not selling NEW annual passes (as has been the case for a while) but you can still renew them and there is no indication so far that they will be eliminated like has been announced for Disneyland

This is for Disneyland only as of now

There is an article by the Tampa Bay Times that is reporting it as being the case for WDW but that is inaccurate/clickbait

Right now WDW is not selling NEW annual passes (as has been the case for a while) but you can still renew them and there is no indication so far that they will be eliminated like has been announced for Disneyland
I'm glad Max if this is truly click bait! here's the article link.
https://www.tampabay.com/life-cultu...y-stops-selling-new-annual-passes-in-florida/

I'm glad Max if this is truly click bait! here's the article link.
https://www.tampabay.com/life-cultu...y-stops-selling-new-annual-passes-in-florida/

Yeah, even in the article it states that they have stopped selling NEW passes but are still renewing passes at WDW. Also if you have a newly turned 3 year old you can get a new pass for them, but that is just a technical detail

I do think it is possible some changes come to passes at WDW but nothing as significant as what is happening at DLR is expected

The demographics are very different as there as sooooo many passoholders in CA that they just can't have them all trying to get into the parks when they reopen. There was a similar situation in Tokyo and they set up a lottery system and it was basically a disaster and they eventually decided to end all passes/refund/etc - basically they are just getting ahead of things as DLR

If they are only renewing existing APs but not selling new ones it isn't fake news, it is true.

It seems that the Associated Press released an article being picked up by several news outlets and being munged and turned into clickbait. Here is the original: https://apnews.com/article/health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-3cf1fb3cc66febe2a95d80654bf4433c

It specifically talks about DL, but the location is attributed to Orlando, and the last paragraph mentions the policy in Florida that has been in place for a while now. Apparently the holiday weekend interns are panicking and turning it into "WDW CANCELS HAPPINESS" or something to get more clicks.

It's getting repeated over and over in the various Facebook groups. I had one guy argue with me that there was an official announcement today, and the only reason they'd do that is because they are going to change it.

It seems that the Associated Press released an article being picked up by several news outlets and being munged and turned into clickbait. Here is the original: https://apnews.com/article/health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-3cf1fb3cc66febe2a95d80654bf4433c

It specifically talks about DL, but the location is attributed to Orlando, and the last paragraph mentions the policy in Florida that has been in place for a while now. Apparently the holiday weekend interns are panicking and turning it into "WDW CANCELS HAPPINESS" or something to get more clicks.

It's getting repeated over and over in the various Facebook groups. I had one guy argue with me that there was an official announcement today, and the only reason they'd do that is because they are going to change it.

Other 'news' agencies are going even further out on that limb, with statements like:

"New annual passes to Disney World are not being sold and that policy, which started when the park opened back up last summer, will continue indefinitely."

The problem is, of course, that nature abhors a vacuum. Disney is absolutely mum on this issue, so speculation will continue to grow. I personally wish they'd decide, lay their cards on the table - so their customers can make informed decisions.

Other 'news' agencies are going even further out on that limb, with statements like:

"New annual passes to Disney World are not being sold and that policy, which started when the park opened back up last summer, will continue indefinitely."

The problem is, of course, that nature abhors a vacuum. Disney is absolutely mum on this issue, so speculation will continue to grow. I personally wish they'd decide, lay their cards on the table - so their customers can make informed decisions.

Many are actually leaving out the "which started when the park opened back up last summer", as if to make it seem like it is new.

I don't think they'll end FP for WDW. they'll probably amend it / charge more or change something... but not end it.

I don't think they'll end FP for WDW. they'll probably amend it / charge more or change something... but not end it.
I agree. I feel the APs serve a different purpose in Orlando than they do in Anaheim. Considering that Disney doesn’t sell a theme park ticket to cover vacations of two or three weeks (with the occasional exceptions for international guests) they would need something to bridge the gap. Whether that is an AP or just tickets with more days, is the question. I have had an AP since 1986, so I would definitely miss it if they were discontinued.

I also wonder if the number of table service restaurants have something to do with it. Some of the nicer meals (like Monsieur Paul) that take longer, it would seem to be a good option for APs vs someone who is reluctant to give up significant park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter