Disney World eliminates outside vendor drop off services

An update from Kingdom Strollers FB page (clearing up the Nov 2 talk), sorry if I missed this already posted:

-Important Update to the Disney stroller rental dates-

Today is the last day to order your stroller rental for delivery for any date past Nov 2nd if you want it to be held by the bellstand at the Disney resort.

Any order placed before 11:45pm tonight will have their rental delivered and picked up through the bellstand. After today, any order placed for a delivery or pick up date after Nov 2nd will need to meet us face to face.

Disney has extended the date for mandatory meet & greets to Nov 2nd. So if you place your order between Oct 1st and Nov 1st for delivery, you can still have it delivered to the bellstand as long as the rental begins by Nov 2nd. If you place your order tomorrow and the pick up is for after Nov 2nd, you will need to meet us for the pick up portion.

Confusing, I know....bottom line....get that order in before 11:45pm tonight!!!

Look at dining reservations. So much in demand Disney had to push them out to 180 days. These scooter and stroller services (and grocery services) have blown up over the past few years, and where it may have just been a few guests doing this new thing, now it is almost the norm. I dont blame Disney not wanting to staff and take responsibility over something like this that has blown up over the years in usage.
I still don't know why we need to make dining 180 days in advance--in many cases you don't even have park hours, EMH etc. at that point. So you're blindly making reservations -- many that you will end up changing once park hours come out, you make Fastpass+ reservations etc.

Even the Uber or Lyft thing, actually a lot of places do in fact have a separate place for them to pick up and drop off. Leaving the main entrance at the resort for a taxi stand or other contracted service. Almost every hotel in vegas is this way, a lot of airports and other places as well. Why they have in their app the location to walk to for your ride. Even if Disney did this, I don't think it would be unprecedented and would not drive down guest satisfaction to a point of losing money.
I recently stayed at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and their Uber/Lyft drop off/pick up area was the least convenient place on property. One more reason I will never stay at the Golden Nugget again.

If anyone is interested about "medical equipment" that gets delivered such as oxygen, dialysis equipment, hospital beds, medical chairs etc.......

Just spoke with ORLANDO MEDICAL which is a pretty well known company that delivers these items to hotels. The said this new policy does NOT effect any of those items.

I use them to have "lift chairs" delivered to my room and they said like always the chair will be waiting for you in your room when you arrive.

Perhaps it is because the vendors are messing Disney about too. I ordered groceries from Instacart, expecting them to be waiting for me on my arrival. When I arrived at MCO I had an email saying that my groceries could not be delivered because the shopper didn't have my name or room number howdid she not have my name?) , I had no message from the shopper asking me for either and I got charged $15 by Instacart for the privilege which the CM who checked me into Pop kindly refunded when I mentioned it, not what I expected.
If vendors are messing guests and Disney resorts around like this then no wonder Disney may put a stop to them doing deliveries.
I contacted Instacart asking why the shopper didn't have my name? Why I was charged $15 when their shopper didn't contact me and I got no reply. However, the next day, desperate for essential groceries like water I placed a basic order knowing I would be there to receive it and the shopper, Wilfredo, kept me fully updated the entire time, something the other shopper failed to do.

I can confirm that Scooterbug is the exclusive Featured ECV/wheelchair/stroller vendor for WDW and will be the only provider going forward to be able to leave items with Bell Services.
The information on the Disney World Website has been updated at this point to reflect the new arrangement. There is also information regarding grandfathered services for reservations by today from the previous a Featured Providers.
Here’s the link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-rentals/
The Scooterbug website is also in the process of being updated; keep watching their page for new items.
http://scooterbugmobilityrentals.com/

I can confirm that Scooterbug is the exclusive Featured ECV/wheelchair/stroller vendor for WDW and will be the only provider going forward to be able to leave items with Bell Services.
The information on the Disney World Website has been updated at this point to reflect the new arrangement. There is also information regarding grandfathered services for reservations by today from the previous a Featured Providers.
Here’s the link:
The Scooterbug website is also in the process of being updated; keep watching their page for new items.

Should be of no surprise. They have been providing the scooters to Disney for the parks for years now.

If anyone is interested about "medical equipment" that gets delivered such as oxygen, dialysis equipment, hospital beds, medical chairs etc.......

Just spoke with ORLANDO MEDICAL which is a pretty well known company that delivers these items to hotels. The said this new policy does NOT effect any of those items.

I use them to have "lift chairs" delivered to my room and they said like always the chair will be waiting for you in your room when you arrive.
those types of equipment have always been coordinated thru Housekeeping and I believe were nor stored in Bell Services, so it makes sense that handling of them would not change.

Here’s the link:

Thanks for sharing! Nice to hear the grandfathered reservations bit straight from Disney.

How did your fiancée manage to get from your home to the airport and then to Wdw without a wheelchair? Why didn’t you rent one at home and bring it with you?
[/QUOTE cant answer for them nut for me use wheelchair provided by airport and DME. get to resort and pick up rented one at bell services. had a friend who had to rent one after arrival as airline had dropped her wheelchair while either loading or unloading and broke a small front wheel off her chair. there is my reasons for renting at resort

Here’s the link:

This is good info. I usually order a scooter for my 89 year old Dad, who can't really even walk to the lobby from the bus - let alone to the room. I have used Walker Mobility for years....... I guess I will need to check out Scooterbug!

Here’s the link:
Considering a lot of people never heard of this stroller company, they must have just decided to pay Disney a LOT of money to dive into the market and increase their marketshare overnight. I am sure a lot of people will pick this company simply due to the convenience of being able to drop off, but my guess is they will have to still be competitive with the ones that are more established even IF they can no longer drop off directly to the resorts anymore.

Good for Disney, to get this sort of deal, but maybe do more things like this instead of adding parking fees to resorts if you want to raise revenue?

I would guess an exclusive "grocery delivery" deal is around the corner. They probably are working on the details now.

I would guess an exclusive "grocery delivery" deal is around the corner. They probably are working on the details now.

I was thinking the same thing...it's only a matter of time until there is an exclusive grocery delivery service.

I have used Walker Mobility for years....... I guess I will need to check out Scooterbug!
:confused3 Why? Walker has been doing face to face transactions only, since 2012. How does Disney going from four featured companies - none of which were Walker - to one official company change your usual choice?

Considering a lot of people never heard of this stroller company, they must have just decided to pay Disney a LOT of money to dive into the market and increase their marketshare overnight. I am sure a lot of people will pick this company simply due to the convenience of being able to drop off, but my guess is they will have to still be competitive with the ones that are more established even IF they can no longer drop off directly to the resorts anymore.

Good for Disney, to get this sort of deal, but maybe do more things like this instead of adding parking fees to resorts if you want to raise revenue?

ScooterBug has been the WDW park and Disney Springs provider for strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs (and, I believe pool furniture) for a good 15-20 years.
They were also one of the 4 Featured Providers that were set up in 2012.
So, even though people may not have heard of them before, they have a long relationship with Disney.

ScooterBug has been the WDW park and Disney Springs provider for strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs (and, I believe pool furniture) for a good 15-20 years.
They were also one of the 4 Featured Providers that were set up in 2012.
So, even though people may not have heard of them before, they have a long relationship with Disney.
Excellent .. less nefarious feeling then. :)

Then I more feel this was just a way to clean up the resort traffic and liability.

Or, you know, both :)
Doubtful. Maybe a charge for accepting deliveries on the customer's behalf in addition to the current fees - but not in my lifetime.

:confused3 Why? Walker has been doing face to face transactions only, since 2012. How does Disney going from four featured companies - none of which were Walker - to one official company change your usual choice?

Well - I want the guarantee that the scooter will be there when we arrive. Dad will have difficulty walking from the Magical Express drop-off to the lobby. If the scooter isn't there - he'll be stuck in the lobby waiting for it.

But now that you mention it - I didn't really think about it - but Walker did call me about 15 minutes after we arrived to the Boardwalk to tell me they had the scooter. And they did give it to us in the lobby - I just presumed that they were late or just in time with the delivery! I had so much on my mind, checking in, making the whole family happy -- it didn't occur to me that it hasn't been left in the Bell Services for quite a while! So that said - maybe I'll stick with Walker. I will have to think on it - and compare the prices....... I just don't want Dad stuck in the lobby waiting...... He can't even walk to the room without breathing difficulties....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter