Disney World eliminates outside vendor drop off services

Disney was testing one or two new style strollers (more like normal strollers -- not the kind they currently have in the parks. There are pictures out there somewhere) at DHS (I think...might have been AK) a few weeks ago. I thought maybe they were going to be changing out all of their park strollers but now I'm thinking they were testing them for eventual use at resorts as well. I'm pretty sure the stroller(s) they were/are testing could be folded up which didn't seem like a necessity in the parks but if people can take them on the buses and take them back to their resort room.....

Our stroller days are way behind us but if I was renting a stroller at Disney and they offered a stroller that was similar in style and features to an outside vendors offerings, I'd be willing to pay a bit more simply to have it available when I arrive and not have to worry about meeting someone to get it. I would not pay extra for their current stroller offering regardless of the convenience.

I’d pay a bit extra for convenience for sure.

I just can’t see them slashing their prices and basically changing their whole pricing model to compete with the outside vendor. We rent a double in the 11-14 night category. $125 I think. Disney’s current price for in park usage only is (from google) $31 a day and a $4 discount per day for a multi day. So at current prices, $125 vs $275-350. Could it be less? Sure! But then they run into undercutting their own in park rentals.

I think what’s probably happening is as simple as Disney no longer wanting to store these big bulky items especially as more people take advantage of this. I think Disneyland’s in park rental strollers are basically City Minis, right? I wouldn’t be surprised if the WDW parks are getting those.

I’d pay a bit extra for convenience for sure.

I just can’t see them slashing their prices and basically changing their whole pricing model to compete with the outside vendor. We rent a double in the 11-14 night category. $125 I think. Disney’s current price for in park usage only is (from google) $31 a day and a $4 discount per day for a multi day. So at current prices, $125 vs $275-350. Could it be less? Sure! But then they run into undercutting their own in park rentals.

I think what’s probably happening is as simple as Disney no longer wanting to store these big bulky items especially as more people take advantage of this. I think Disneyland’s in park rental strollers are basically City Minis, right? I wouldn’t be surprised if the WDW parks are getting those.
I could see them offering discount based on length of stay like they do with park tickets

I could see them offering discount based on length of stay like they do with park tickets

They already do.

Anything is possible, but I would be surprised to see them reducing the price enough to make it comparable. With the discount it’s still significantly higher than the outside companies.

If anything, they’d probably rely on people not caring enough to do the math and just adding it to their package. The Disney way lol.

Sorry I’m giving too much headspace to this.

If people are saying there isn’t enough space to store this stuff now, would Disney really make room in each of their resorts to store their own versions of these devices? Theoretically more than are there now?

Sorry I’m giving too much headspace to this.

If people are saying there isn’t enough space to store this stuff now, would Disney really make room in each of their resorts to store their own versions of these devices? Theoretically more than are there now?
I really think they would if I thought there was money in it for them!

I really think they would if I thought there was money in it for them!

I feel like if it was about profits they would just tack on a fee to the pick ups and call it a day. Kind of like the parking fees, nothing changes and WDW is not providing anything they weren’t previously but has created a new revenue stream.

That actually sounds like Disney, which is why I’m surprised that hasn’t already happened.

Just saw this on Kenny the Pirate
https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019/09/27/disney-world-eliminates-outside-vendor-drop-off-services/
Soon, Walt Disney World resorts will no longer allow companies to deliver and drop off goods with their bell services desks. That includes companies like stroller rentals, owner’s locker and food service companies.

Thoughts?

This new policy does NOT include Owner's Locker. It includes the mobility companies (ECVs, scooters, and strollers). I have no information regarding grocery delivery.

My understanding is that Disney has a new contractor providing the Disney strollers/scooters for the parks and the decision has been made NOT to allow other providers easy access even at the resorts. This directly affects the companies which have been 'Preferred Providers' for several years now and allowed to use the Disney Resort bell services to store and dispense. I have no news about any possibility of the new vendor providing scooters/strollers to guests staying at Disney Resorts. This may even be indirectly related to the Skyliners.

The date of the start of the new policy is October 1, 2019. Any reservations made prior to that date will still be allowed by Disney. I am not aware of any other potential deadline dates except October 1.

I will assume that the new vendor will not need to be competitive in pricing with the existing companies, so there may be an opportunity for guests to find some value if they are willing to accept some inconvenience regarding delivery and return.

Stay tuned. :)

Garden Grocer is now reporting on FB that Disney will have a single vendor of mobility products with an exclusive right to delivery directly to their resorts. Take it for what it’s worth. This is coming from a grocery delivery service.

I looked into Gold a few weeks ago for my trip--at the time my flight in was not arriving until after 10 p.m. and my departure was at 7 a.m. Gold doesn't deliver at those hours--I don't know if any vendor does. If I'm staying somewhere and there is a very far walk to my room it is going to really suck to get over there with a cane. (Although I know at SSR bell services can transport you to your building in an electric golf cart--don't know if there is that option at the two resorts that I am staying at on upcoming trips (POFQ and Beach Club)--I think POFQ would be more likely than BC). It really puts a crimp in the ability to be independent while disabled and escalates the amount of planning that must be done.

I feel like if it was about profits they would just tack on a fee to the pick ups and call it a day. Kind of like the parking fees, nothing changes and WDW is not providing anything they weren’t previously but has created a new revenue stream.

That actually sounds like Disney, which is why I’m surprised that hasn’t already happened.
The 'Preferred Providers' of mobility devices were already paying healthy premiums for the privilege of using the Disney Resort Bell Services. I'm certain they all would have gladly accepted an increase in what they were already paying, but that was not offered as an option.

Has there been any mention of the return process? If I have a flight to catch and will be checking out at 5am, is someone going to be there to meet me in the lobby that early to pickup my rented items?

Has there been any mention of the return process? If I have a flight to catch and will be checking out at 5am, is someone going to be there to meet me in the lobby that early to pickup my rented items?
See that's one of my concerns too--because as of right now the answer is "no"--so you would have to arrange to meet them the night before (probably prior to 9 p.m.) which would really put a crimp in your last day (at least for me it would).

Seems like going forward it would be up to you to make arrangements and select a 3rd party supplier that would be willing to meet you at 5am
If any do--I mentioned this issue to the person I spoke to at Buena Vista and he said it would be unlikely that there would be unusual hour pickups and drop offs but some enterprising company may choose to create a niche.

You should check with the providing company about their return policy and location. Returning to Bell Services won't be an option once this is in place.

If any do--I mentioned this issue to the person I spoke to at Buena Vista and he said it would be unlikely that there would be unusual hour pickups and drop offs but some enterprising company may choose to create a niche.

Yeah, that is a challenge - though I suspect at least some companies would be willing to start to do that if it means doing more business

Or a new side business is made for people willing to meet you at 5am to take you scooter and hold it until the rental company gets there

Or maybe an option like Orlando Stroller is doing where you can pick up and drop off your stroller at MCO - maybe scooter company starts an option like that

Kingdom Strollers in the comments on their Facebook page mentioned planning on having someone at some of the resorts as early as 6 AM for pick up and hitting them all by 7.

Or a scooter--which for many is a necessary medical device. A friend has a husband on dialysis--they have to have medical supplies delivered for him--how can you schedule a UPS or Fed Ex delivery? How far is this policy going? I'm an attorney--if I need to receive a Fed Ex package they are not going to accept it?
The policy says outside vendor. which I would take to mean that by vendor they mean a company that has a product that you purchased from them and have delivered. Not that direct shipping company will be band.

This new policy does NOT include Owner's Locker. It includes the mobility companies (ECVs, scooters, and strollers). I have no information regarding grocery delivery.

My understanding is that Disney has a new contractor providing the Disney strollers/scooters for the parks and the decision has been made NOT to allow other providers easy access even at the resorts. This directly affects the companies which have been 'Preferred Providers' for several years now and allowed to use the Disney Resort bell services to store and dispense. I have no news about any possibility of the new vendor providing scooters/strollers to guests staying at Disney Resorts. This may even be indirectly related to the Skyliners.

The date of the start of the new policy is October 1, 2019. Any reservations made prior to that date will still be allowed by Disney. I am not aware of any other potential deadline dates except October 1.

I will assume that the new vendor will not need to be competitive in pricing with the existing companies, so there may be an opportunity for guests to find some value if they are willing to accept some inconvenience regarding delivery and return.

Stay tuned. :)
Their is post in one of these threads where the poster said the owner of Owners Locker stated that the policy applies to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter