Disney World/Disneyland

tahiti_sweetie

Earning My Ears
I just got back from my 1st trip to Disney World in early January. We spent 10 days there and had a great time.
A few years back, I went to Disneyland for the first and only time, so far. I really loved it and couldn't wait to go back. We're planning another trip to Disneyland at Christmastime of this year. My question is, now that I've seen the grandeur of "the World", will going to Disneyland be less than thrilling?
It will just be myself and my man going this time. He and I are 30 and 25 respectively , with no children. Also, if anyone has any advice about Disneyland or World at Christmas time that would be greatly appreciated too. ::MinnieMo

Hello! Welcome to the DIS boards!! :Pinkbounc

Going to Disneyland will not be less thrilling. We live in California and have been going to Disneyland since I was 6, I took my first trip to WDW when I was a teen. Both myself and my hubby are in our early 30's with no kids too. Going to both places still is really thrilling to us. Disneyland has more childhood memories for me. But then again being a huge DL and WDW fan it doesn't matter which location I'm at, as long as I'm there! :banana:

I've been at Disneyland during christmas time but not on christmas day. It's one of our favorite times to go. We've been to WDW right after christmas through New Years and the decorations are still up and it's still pretty festive. Both places are great to go to. Yes there is more stuff to do at WDW because of it's size but then again DL seems more intimate. If you are a Nightmare Before Christmas fan, do go to DL during that time. In WDW they have the Osbourne Family lights in MGM which is amazing too. I think no matter where you end up going to you'll have a great time.

I hope this helps alittle. If you check out the boards more you'll be able to find out alot more info. My favorite sections are the Trip Reports board and the Theme Parks/Attractions boards. :earboy2:

:wave2: Hi and welcome to the DIS!

I love going to Disneyland too and have never felt disappointed after a trip to WDW. There are enough differences between DL and MK to make it enjoyable.

Disneyland at Christmas is one of my favorite times to go! One thing I absolutely love to do is take the train around all of the park at night. The train goes thru IASW and at Disneyland it is decorated. It is absolutely breathtaking with all the lights on it! For me that is a must do.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the advice. I thought the Osbourne Family light show at WDW was the most fantastic and amazing thing I've seen. I really enjoyed being there at Christmas time. I am looking forward to DL this Christmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter