Disney World AP price increase? [Answer: Yes]

Thanks! Yea it was a great experience. Just wanted to try and bring some positivity to the typical doom and gloom of price increases. :)

I'm still gloomin and doomin over here, lol.

Because at the end of the day, you had to pay 50% more for your pass so you could get around paying a rate that is probably 20-30% higher than it was in 2017. Financially, we all take a hit.

But it is about perspective. In your situation, you wanted to do it, it was worth it, and you could afford it. I don't begrudge anyone for that.

So Gold passes break down below:

Feb 17 - $589
Oct 18 - $609 + $20
June 19 - $699 + $90
Feb 20 - $719 + $20

So over the same time span these have gone up $130, or 22%.

These are the FL resident and DVC passes (only these two groups can purchase them).

Obviously trying to keep the "core" happy by not really ramping that one up as insanely as the other one.

They just did one massive increase last year.

Two years ago they did 2 smaller tweaks.

These look smaller, so I bet another one is coming.
That or the announcement that ticket price increases would be smaller was accurate. (crossing fingers)

It's supposed to be gate price unless they are expired and then it's more complicated. It would be gate price at the time your ticket was valid.
I think the date thing adds a layer of complication. Having an AP, it's not something I have dealt with directly.
I would read the upgrade info on the Ticket sticky. I'm sure it's covered there

It's not the gate price. It's the online price (as of the date the ticket was issued) which is about $20 less than the gate price.

When you don't live close, it's easy to imagine you'd be there every day if you could be (i.e. if you lived in Orlando or nearby)! The reality is far from that.

I experienced that on a very small scale recently. We used to live 1 1/2 hours away from our "local" amusement park. I remember thinking, if only I lived in the city, we could go every weekend! Or in the evenings! Then we moved and DID live in the city and we actually have purchased season passes a couple of times. However, when we do that, we don't spend the whole day in the park and we only go 3-4 times over the course of the entire summer. Plus, the park just isn't as fun anymore when you don't make a day out of it the way we used to when we lived farther away. So yeah, the grass is always greener. ;)
We hit Adventureland on Sunday afternoons and get in a few hours before they close. We like it a lot better, because the season passes cover parking. ;)

Doing my 'weekly' ticket price check. Noticed some oddities so I checked Disney's price. We are getting 10-day park hopper plus for July. They went up $70.60 a ticket. I'd consider that a steep increase. I was keeping track of the former price and it was a 9.9% increase.

Spent the afternoon comparing third party sellers (for some reason touring plans was not giving me accurate numbers). Got my 5 tickets from UCT for 16% less than today's Disney price and 8% less than yesterday's Disney price.

It would be about $40 cheaper through tickets at work but we wouldn’t be able to do monthly payments. I think we’re gonna go through disney because we could pay monthly, use disney gcs (right?), and we will easily make that $40 just from interest in our bank account. We get about $60-70/month.

In my view the onus should be placed from the consumer back onto WDW.

Stop running half capacity. Stop shortening hours....

This is one of my major issues. The proliferation of hard ticket events, shortened hours, and staffing "optimizations" affecting ride capacity, have all been major negatives in my eyes in the last few years.

Whens the last time there's been a 1 or 2 AM EMH at MK? When we visit at "slower" times, rides are being run at half capacity resulting in the same length waits instead of shorter wait times. MK closing early 3 or 4 nights a week for expensive hard ticket events really dampens the way we like to tour.

This is one of my major issues. The proliferation of hard ticket events, shortened hours, and staffing "optimizations" affecting ride capacity, have all been major negatives in my eyes in the last few years.

Whens the last time there's been a 1 or 2 AM EMH at MK? When we visit at "slower" times, rides are being run at half capacity resulting in the same length waits instead of shorter wait times. MK closing early 3 or 4 nights a week for expensive hard ticket events really dampens the way we like to tour.

MK was open until 1am (EMH) Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We made it to midnight and the waits were still stout for Mine Train and Thunder and Space.

:wave2:

Just a reminder, y’all can complain about Disney all you want. But there’s a small bit of this thread that is trending personal and/or argumentative towards each other, and that is not allowed here on DISBoards (and is where infraction points and thread closures come into play). It is possible to discuss a topic without it becoming a personal fight.

Thank you.

Doing my 'weekly' ticket price check. Noticed some oddities so I checked Disney's price. We are getting 10-day park hopper plus for July. They went up $70.60 a ticket. I'd consider that a steep increase. I was keeping track of the former price and it was a 9.9% increase.

Spent the afternoon comparing third party sellers (for some reason touring plans was not giving me accurate numbers). Got my 5 tickets from UCT for 16% less than today's Disney price and 8% less than yesterday's Disney price.

We are buying exact same - wow - steep increase !!

I 100% agree. Our last trip in December, MK closed early 5 out of our 7 nights. Totally ridiculous Disney created the overcrowding by shortening the days so dramatically. With a few exceptions like Christmas & easter weeks the parks would feel like the good old days if they went back to opening at 8:00 and closing at midnight while running all rides at full capacity. People who are not morning people would have a leisurely breakfast, maybe hang out by the pool for a couple of hours then hit the parks in the evening.

Disney can (and does) increase prices all they want and the majority of us will continue to buy.
Typically, people who buy and own DVC can afford a bump in AP pricing. It's certainly creeping up in other areas too, but I still see it as lots of grumbling about it, but in the end, it won't matter. Kind of like how boycotts don't really work.

I 100% agree. Our last trip in December, MK closed early 5 out of our 7 nights. Totally ridiculous Disney created the overcrowding by shortening the days so dramatically. With a few exceptions like Christmas & easter weeks the parks would feel like the good old days if they went back to opening at 8:00 and closing at midnight while running all rides at full capacity. People who are not morning people would have a leisurely breakfast, maybe hang out by the pool for a couple of hours then hit the parks in the evening.
I agree it would be great but the issue was the stopped for the same reason they were so popular.
They weren't well attended.
For those that went, that was great. They went BECAUSE of that reason.
Unfortunately, too few went and they were no longer cost effective.
Had they been more crowded, they probably would have continued, at least more than they do now.
But at the same time, people who went because they weren't crowded would have complained because the crowds were higher.
We are night people, not morning people so I get it, trust me
We've become fans of Christmas week (I just booked our resort today) because we know we'll get late nights. The crowds end up being workable and we don't worry about what we get done since it's just another trip for the year and we've already done it all many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter