Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

PS. We are also still roughly 6 mos. out from the cruise and Platinums cannot book anything until the middles of June at the earliest (assuming they are Paid in Full).

Some folks may be waiting until that point (I know I am still securing funding for the cruise), before going whole hog on the planning. I suspect that beginning with the Platinum booking date (at ~4mos out), this thread and the FB page will start getting a lot of action.

PS. We are also still roughly 6 mos. out from the cruise and Platinums cannot book anything until the middles of June at the earliest (assuming they are Paid in Full).

Some folks may be waiting until that point (I know I am still securing funding for the cruise), before going whole hog on the planning. I suspect that beginning with the Platinum booking date (at ~4mos out), this thread and the FB page will start getting a lot of action.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am a planner and have to get stuff done. I am willing to share what I have found and help organize activities. I ordered lanyards for one of our WBTA cruises and would be willing to help do that as well.

I am very shy at first, and would rather get to know folks before I go then wait till I meet you on board. We can chat on FB if anyone is interested. I have done that for other cruises including the April Hawaii cruise.

I believe we already have someone heading up the candy swap, FE gift exchange, Champagne girls party and I am not sure what else.

Maybe we can plan a small meet at DL for those who will be there. Although there is a limited amount of time there maybe folks would rather wait till the terminal or we board.

Ok, I am full of suggestions tonight. Let me go workout and ponder some of these suggestions.::yes::

G'day All,

This is our 1st Disney Cruise....1st cruise EVER actually.

I tried to PM ppartekim but as I am new to this thread & haven't posted anything EVER....I can't.

Not sure if this the correct place to do it, but can I please add myself & family to the FE list.

Me: Susan.
Husband: Tim
Son: Nicholas (boy aged 3).

(Do I need to give you anymore information??)

May we also put our names down for the shirts I believe that are getting made/organised?

I can NOT describe our extreme excitment about going on this cruise!
Made especially special to be sharing it with my sister & her family too.

Can't Wait....less than 6 months!!!

Cheers
Susan

G'day All,

This is our 1st Disney Cruise....1st cruise EVER actually.

I tried to PM ppartekim but as I am new to this thread & haven't posted anything EVER....I can't.

Not sure if this the correct place to do it, but can I please add myself & family to the FE list.

Me: Susan.
Husband: Tim
Son: Nicholas (boy aged 3).

(Do I need to give you anymore information??)

May we also put our names down for the shirts I believe that are getting made/organised?

I can NOT describe our extreme excitment about going on this cruise!
Made especially special to be sharing it with my sister & her family too.

Can't Wait....less than 6 months!!!

Cheers
Susan

Only your cabin number or is it GTY?

How do I get on the LIST for the October 14th sailing?

Same way nickygator did. Either PM me or post the needed info in this thread.

Both -- If you are on Facebook, the group page is http://www.facebook.com/groups/AlohaMickey/

Hi! I was just debating whether I should write a pre trip/trip report for this cruise.

I have done it in the past and it was a great way to journal the trip. I made mine personal with my sarcastic sense of humor as well. It is nice to look back and recall things you had forgotten.

As we have said before..lets get this party started....(yeah)

I have never organized before..but i am off work about 2ish..( sometimes 3) so I can make calls in the day time etc...

what can I do to help???

I have only been to 1 champaigne girls..and we just showed up at PINK at a designated time/day and ordered..

On the PC, I think breakfast was the same thing.. we just showed up..although I think DCL was told before hand to expect a large group..

At the Ladies Lunch, same thing... DCL had long tables for us and we were put in a spot together..

Did you put it on here?

Yes I did. I even uploaded photos. Now there are all kinds of different sites you can use to do the same thing.

I have never organized before..but i am off work about 2ish..( sometimes 3) so I can make calls in the day time etc...

what can I do to help???

I have only been to 1 champaigne girls..and we just showed up at PINK at a designated time/day and ordered..

On the PC, I think breakfast was the same thing.. we just showed up..although I think DCL was told before hand to expect a large group..

At the Ladies Lunch, same thing... DCL had long tables for us and we were put in a spot together..

For Champaigne girls we all brought a bottle and had a designated area to show up. Then we met for a group photo on the stairs.

For the luncheon; we just emailed concierge and talked to the head server and arranged a area and time. This is so comon place that they are great at taking care of us. Same for the breakfast.

We have also done a Palo tea and lunch. That requries a little more planning and it all goes through concierge.

As for the lanyards. I ordered them through Kennyproducts.com. Some folks may have other ideas on where to order from that we can explore.

The t-shirts or Hawaiian shirts really need to be handeled sooner versus later. I guess we need to get a census and go from there.

what can I do to help???

Yes I did. I even uploaded photos. Now there are all kinds of different sites you can use to do the same thing.

For Champaigne girls we all brought a bottle and had a designated area to show up. Then we met for a group photo on the stairs.

For the luncheon; we just emailed concierge and talked to the head server and arranged a area and time. This is so comon place that they are great at taking care of us. Same for the breakfast.

We have also done a Palo tea and lunch. That requries a little more planning and it all goes through concierge.

As for the lanyards. I ordered them through Kennyproducts.com. Some folks may have other ideas on where to order from that we can explore.

The t-shirts or Hawaiian shirts really need to be handeled sooner versus later. I guess we need to get a census and go from there.

For the champagne girls, I saw on the april thread that they ask for a space that they can use. And some organized the champagne and the others payed for it. On the WBTA we were on one of the bars and DCL organized a taste of 5 different champagnes. It cost $ 20 pp and was on your on board bill. I think the maximum was 50 persons. But if we can get a bar/lounge and bring our own champagne it is also a good idea. Only I cann't bring champagne with me, I had to buy in LA and I don't know if I can find some.

For farewell lunch on last seaday, one phoned DCL and I think on board they told ??? that there was a large group coming. They reserved a part of the restaurant(Lumiere) for us.

Palo brunch, we had to make groups of 12/14 and ask for the special grouptable. If you get the green light you had to give them the reservationnumbers and names. We made this group reservations because we cann't get reservations on our own. (we were with a large group first cruisers on DCL, so were the last group that could book). If you are on the group you cann't get a personal reservation for brunch in advence. You only can try a extra personal brunch reservation on the ship then.
Palo tea isn't anymore.

The same is for linked dining. We had to made groups and give the reservationnumbers and names at DCL before the cruise
I don't know how long before this all must done.

I can make some documents on Facebook of things we can organize and everyone who want to participate can subscribe.

For a good planning is it handy to know when the formal/semi formal/pirate/theme(villains?) nights are. We can wait for the April one is back and then if someone can call DCL?

So how many documents?
Champagne girls
Lady's lunch? or farewell lunch
Pyama breakfast
Palo brunch
Linked dining
Pubcrawl?

what more?

For the champagne girls, I saw on the april thread that they ask for a space that they can use. And some organized the champagne and the others payed for it. On the WBTA we were on one of the bars and DCL organized a taste of 5 different champagnes. It cost $ 20 pp and was on your on board bill. I think the maximum was 50 persons. But if we can get a bar/lounge and bring our own champagne it is also a good idea. Only I cann't bring champagne with me, I had to buy in LA and I don't know if I can find some.

For farewell lunch on last seaday, one phoned DCL and I think on board they told ??? that there was a large group coming. They reserved a part of the restaurant(Lumiere) for us.

Palo brunch, we had to make groups of 12/14 and ask for the special grouptable. If you get the green light you had to give them the reservationnumbers and names. We made this group reservations because we cann't get reservations on our own. (we were with a large group first cruisers on DCL, so were the last group that could book). If you are on the group you cann't get a personal reservation for brunch in advence. You only can try a extra personal brunch reservation on the ship then.
Palo tea isn't anymore.

The same is for linked dining. We had to made groups and give the reservationnumbers and names at DCL before the cruise
I don't know how long before this all must done.

I can make some documents on Facebook of things we can organize and everyone who want to participate can subscribe.

For a good planning is it handy to know when the formal/semi formal/pirate/theme(villains?) nights are. We can wait for the April one is back and then if someone can call DCL?

So how many documents?
Champagne girls
Lady's lunch? or farewell lunch
Pyama breakfast
Palo brunch
Linked dining
Pubcrawl?

what more?

I have done the champagne girls a couple different ways. The tasting is nice if you like Champagne and we should be able to arrange that in the Cadillac lounge. I found that the participation was smaller when folks do not like it because they are not willing to pay for something they do not enjoy. Although Disney will let a few folks come without aging, it is a touchy situation. On the WBTA we met in a CAT 3 room and some ladies brought champagne, but it was more about the pink boas and gathering together to finally put a name with a face.

You are absolutely correct about the Palo brunch. However with as many sea days as we have it should no be a problem to do a group and get another one on your own.

As for the documents. I thought Michael had made some on his site. I would think we would want to be careful not to duplicate it so we do not confuse folks. I am not certain if there is a link to and from FB to Michaels' site, we might want to consider that. We still have fe and candy swap and post card swap to add. Not sure what a "PYAMA Breakfast" is.

Just my two cents. I'm pretty flexiable and am willing to help out where I can.

We would like to join the FE list if it's not too late. It'll be my husband, my daughter (7) and I cruising.

We are so excited about this cruise.

We would like to join the FE list if it's not too late. It'll be my husband, my daughter (7) and I cruising.

We are so excited about this cruise.

Not too late at all. Just have a look at The List link the post above yours and send then PM (or post) me your info..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter