• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder July 25, 2016 - Alaska

This is the thread to join for all of us sailing for 7 nights on the Disney Wonder July 25 to Alaska. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise but first to Alaska. We are excited to connect with others and work to establish a fish extender group.

Happy Holidays everyone! We wrapped up a wonderful trip to DisneyWorld a few weeks ago and now will get into full planning for the cruise. Would also love to join an FE group if there's one.

Happy New Year, all! My mother (Sharon) and I will be on this cruise. This is our 2nd trip to Alaska on the Wonder, and we're very excited!! We'd love to join an FE group when one is created, also!

Hi there! I am very new to this site, so I just found this thread, and thought I would join in. My DH and I will be on this cruise, and we are so excited!!! We have never been on a Disney cruise before. I am doing a LOT of research for this cruise, and would love any insight on port info and excursions that people have been on. We are also very willing and excited to do a FE gift exchange.

This is our first Disney cruise. Taking the grandkids (girls age 9 and 3) on a surprise get away. Interested in the FE gift exchange. Any foresight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn't one currently set up here on DISboards. Here's a little write up on how FE groups are set up:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

Hi all! My DS (9) and DS (almost 8) and I are excited for our first Alaska cruise. This is our 3rd with Disney. We sailed the Copenhagen - Norway - Iceland - Dover cruise last summer and it was magical! I started booking excursions already and will now look at hotels given the post about the fireworks event!

Hi everyone. My family will also be on this cruise. It is my DH, myself and our DD (8). This is our 2nd Disney cruise but our first to Alaska. We are from Arizona so it is going to be quite a change in weather for us. LOL

Planning to cruise on the Disney Wonder to Alaska from Vancouver on July 25, 2016. 7 Night Cruise. If you are as well, reply to this thread and we can all help each other out with questions, excursions, fish extenders, meet & greets, etc.
We are also booked on this cruise with my in-laws.

Hi everone. We will also be on this cruise with my in-laws. This will be our second cruise and the in-laws first. We are also from Arizona

I read the above post about FE gift exchanges. I am interested in participating, but have never done this before. Anyone who knows what is going on want to volunteer to start it all for us newbies? Greatly appreciated!

Hey Everyone!! We are joining this cruise!! Myself and DH and DS (10)! This is our 7th Disney cruise but first Alaska!! We are excited and hoping it is as wonderful as our frozen cruise in Norway last July!!

I read the above post about FE gift exchanges. I am interested in participating, but have never done this before. Anyone who knows what is going on want to volunteer to start it all for us newbies? Greatly appreciated!
I am also interested in joining a FE group for this cruise.

We are interested in a FE too. Has anyone done it before?
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn't one currently set up here on DISboards. Here's a little write up on how FE groups are set up:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

I would organize if no one wants to but I'd gladly give it to someone who has done this before. Does anyone else want to volunteer?

If I don't hear back from anyone by June 15th I will consider the Fish Exchange a no-go for this cruise.

Hello everyone! We are so excited for our first Disney cruise. It'll be me, DH, DS who is 6, and my parents. We're celebrating a milestone birthday. :)

We'd like to participate in the exchange, as well.

I would love to do an FE but have missed out on the others who have offered, and I'm so sorry that I missed the deadline from Melmack, but if anyone would like, even if it's just a small group, I would really love it!! I think it will really add to our DCL experience, and I'm not sure we will ever be able to go on another. Anyone? I can put together a list for someone from each family to fill out about each person. . . favorites, ages, names and whatnot. Is anyone else getting really excited?? :)

I am also interested in joining a FE group for this cruise.

We are interested too.

Hello everyone! We are so excited for our first Disney cruise. It'll be me, DH, DS who is 6, and my parents. We're celebrating a milestone birthday. :)

We'd like to participate in the exchange, as well.
Setting up FE group

We just returned from our Alaskan cruise and I just wanted to let future cruisers know about the Best Sushi in Vancouver. Miku (mikurestaurant.com) is located right near Canada Place across the street from the cruise terminal. Their signature dish is the Salmon Oshi Sushi (pressed BC wild sockeye salmon, jalapeño, Miku sauce). It is heaven for your taste buds! Enjoy!

Hi all! This will be our first Disney cruise for our family of 4. We can't wait! Any fish extender groups still accepting? We are on deck 8.

Hi all! This will be our first Disney cruise for our family of 4. We can't wait! Any fish extender groups still accepting? We are on deck 8.

MissTana,

I would love to do a fish extender, but no one else seems to be able to do it at such a late date. Would you be willing to exchange a few things with us? It is just my husband and me, but we are willing to buy/make a few things for your whole family :)

my email is ronniwick@gmail.com if you would like to email me some info about your family. . . names, ages, fave character, color, etc and I will respond with the same :)

I read somewhere that there is no pirate night aboard Alaskan cruises. Is this fact? Want to make sure before I scramble to figure out pirate costumes for my husband and I.

Oh my goodness! Tick Tock! Almost time! We CANNOT WAIT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter