• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder Dinner seating plans - can I request to not sit with booking party/or alone?

ArielinWonderland6

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I've got a cruise booked on Wonder and was wondering with the dinner reservations do all family have to sit together at the table? Say for example 1 of the 3 people (all booked together) wishes to dine on their own one night and not with the others they booked with and share a room with is that allowed and can be arranged? How do you go about that as well?
Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure that’s possible in the MDR with all of you going to dine there. The person who wants to eat alone however could book palo solo or book palo for the other two guest so they could be alone in the MDR. There’s also room service and eating on the pool deck to have some alone time.

All guests in the same stateroom will share the same dining rotation and table. As stated there are other options available if you do not wish to dine in the MDR with them.

They won't be able to accommodate that in the MDR except possibly as a special favor that you request onboard, if space allows. You can ask but don't expect them to say yes.

The normal way to have this 1:1 dinner away from the rest of your party for one night is to book a dinner reservation at Palo.

Last edited:
I agree with the others that there is not easily done, but we might have more specific suggestions if you give more details? Is everyone adults, and one person is trying to give the others a date night? Palo would definitely be the way to go, but I'd suggest that for the date-nighters b/c the main dining rooms are not in the slightest bit romantic. Or are you thinking that maybe a teenager would like a night away from their parents? My kids would be fine eating deck food or room service to get a break from parents, for the most part (short of missing out on a particular item they wanted).

Having said all that, usually the 2nd seating is not full. Some itineraries make it hard to get back for the 1st seating if you have certain excursions, and I have read that they try to accommodate people with a one-night switch to 2nd seating if possible. So it might be best to ask for the person eating separately for one night to request 2nd seating, specifically.

I was worried when we arrived at Rapunzel's, since I was positive we wouldnt have a decent table. But we did, and relief washed over me in an awesome wave.

On boarding day, you can make dining request changes In a specified location. Give it a try; Disney tries to be accommodating. Better chance if you will do second seating and the ship is not full.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter