Disney Wonder Category 09D

Tpptch72

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
we just booked our Cruise on the wonder from Hawaii to Sydney this October. We booked a OGT and wondered if anyone has stayed in deck 1 and was it okay or they offered a VGT for 1,000 more since this is a long cruise we are debating that offer But it is $1,000.
For a Panama Canal Cruise about 10 yard back We did stay on deck 2 with a single large porthole instead of 2 smaller ones which is where we could end up on deck 1 With a 09D

Any information, opinions and comments are much appreciated. 😁

Last edited:
Hi All,
we just booked our Cruise on the wonder from Hawaii to Sydney this October. We booked a OGT and wondered if anyone has stayed in deck 1 and was it okay or they offered a VGT for 1,000 more since this is a long cruise we are debating that offer But it is $1,000.
For a Panama Canal Cruise about 10 yard back We did stay on deck 2 with a single large porthole instead of 2 smaller ones which is where we could end up on deck 1 With a 09D (sorry for the 09A) in the title

You can edit the title of the thread: at the end of your first post are three dots and a down arrow. Click there and choose edit. The edit window will open and for the first post of a thread you will not only be able to edit your post but also your title.

we recently stayed on deck 1 in an inside (1041). When walking along the hallway we sometimes could peak into the oceanview staterooms and my thought was that those tiny portholes really only help with having a bit of natural light in the room. My thought was that I rather would save the money and stay in an inside just as we had done than pay more for these rooms.

It really depends what you want from a stateroom. If you just want to make sure that you are not totally sealed off from the outside world like in an inside, these are fine. If you want a view, they won’t do it for you.

Btw, we loved staying on deck 1. Our stateroom was very quiet, it’s a short hallway with no through traffic (except the one day we disembarked on deck 1). It was always easy to get on an elevator. Would definitely stay there again!

I had a Deck 1 Oceanview on a 15-night Panama Canal (booked OGT to save money, too). It suited my purposes of a place to sleep and shower. The pair of little portholes gives you light that a pitch-black inside cabin won’t. And that lowest level cabin could be a saving grace if the Pacific gets rough. But you have to leave the cabin and find an outdoor space for fresh air. Are you the type to sit on your Verandah?

I never used the verandah when I sailed the Dream - on more than one cruise. It’s just not worth it - for me. I finally used it on another cruise line recently, but was annoyed by the smell of marijuana.

If you like to be able to get fresh air and more light, that $1K is not such a bad deal for a long cruise. Just check out all the “bad” verandah cabins (based on your own needs and wants) and decide if you would kick yourself if you are assigned a cabin you would not normally choose.

That is said because some people really don’t like the closed-in feel of the 7A Navigator’s Verandah. Others don’t like the Deck 8 cabins just under the Pool Deck.

…During your PC cruise - were you thinking throughout that you wished you had a balcony?

(We recently had a Deck 2 Forward on Magic and really liked the oceanview with large porthole. The location near the forward stairs was great for accessing entertainment, dining, or take the elevator to the pool deck. Would happily stay in that area again.)

I have stayed on Deck on 1 on both the Magic and Wonder. While I prefer the Deck 2 larger porthole I didn't mind the two smaller portholes on Deck 1. We are not in the cabin that often so it was not like we were constantly in the cabin looking out the window. Plus on that itinerary you have many sea days so the view is not going to change much!

MJ

If I were sailing to Sydney from Hawaii and it was only 1k more for a Verandah, I'd be seriously tempted!

We were very tempted, we always like the verandah and thought maybe we would wait to see at the port if they had upgrades so we could pick one if we liked it instead of dIsney picking but now our friends have decided to join us😁🎉 and they don’t have the funds so our decision is set. We will stay with the OGT with them and hope we get close together, if not we will see if they can get us closer when we check in at the port.
what amazed us is that they still had early dining available which we prefer.

We just booked that cruise about 3 weeks ago. Currently there are only 3 deck one ocean view room available so probably more likely you’ll get one large porthole

I am curious how that works with GTY rooms. When someone makes a reservation for one do they remove that from the options for those that want to pick or do they block out some for GTY (least desirable probably) ?

does anyone have any idea on how they do what they do?

Hi All,
For a Panama Canal Cruise about 10 yard back We did stay on deck 2 with a single large porthole instead of 2 smaller ones which is where we could end up on deck 1 With a 09D

If you booked OGT, how do you know you’ll get a 9D cabin? Did you mean to say you booked 9D GTY? With OGT, you could get any window cabin or better.
I’m not sure with IGT/OGT/VGT that you can switch from one choice to another.

Last edited:
The reason I put 09D is because on my reservation that is what they listed it as. I assume because that is the lowest ocean view category there is.
To my surprise I logged into my account this morning to see about airfare to HNL and our cabin assignment was there. Very surprising since most of what I have read here it can be as close as days before departure. We are on deck 2 cat. 09C and right next to our friends and we are very happy about that. We like the large porthole window (that is what we had on our Panama Canal cruise).

The airfare through DCL was the same as if we booked ourselves but they could not assign seats so once we got our conf. # I went to airline website and picked our seats. So hopefully no airline delays as we get into HNL around noon so we do have some Cush but I would rather not.
This is going to be an amazing Cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter