• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder Alaska ~ June 2, 2014

My husband, his parents, my parents and our twin DS 7 and DS 10 will be going. We are all very excited. My twins love whales and dolphins. They never get to see snow, so they are super excited to be going. I plan to walk each morning and would like to be part of the walking group if possible.

Are you on facebook? If so, come by our group. Its very active there. We do have a group who is planning on walking in the mornings (counter balance the excess of food) and other get togethers. There is a lot of info from those who have cruised Alaska before.

Oh my gosh, are you excited!!! Two months from today we'll be sailing away on the Wonder! If there is anyone here that is not on the f/b group, I have a private mixology session I'm working on setting up for the first sea day at 3pm (this of course is up to DCL and subject to change). If you'd like to be included, pm me your name, the number going and your room number or reservation number. DCL will charge $15 per person for the course (same price if you sign up yourself, but often they sell out before you can get in as they are a limited number of seats). We have to have 25 people, I'm at 23 as of today 4/2. If you'd like to be included either message me or comment back here.

Our family just booked the June 2nd sailing on the Wonder. We are thrilled! My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. There will be 3 of us, myself and my husband and our 6 year old DS. A few questions I'm hoping this group can help me with...
How do I access the FB group? Did a search, but the system says the page is unavailable.

This is our first Disney cruise, so we don't know much about it. I see a lot of about Fish Extender (FE). What's that? Too late to participate?

I'm trying to book excursions through the disney cruise website, but that option is not available to me for some reason. we've paid fully for our cruise. Curious if anyone has experienced that problem? I'm really hoping they aren't booked up already.

And finally, pardon me if I've entered this post incorrectly. New to disboards as well

Thank you! So looking forward to this adventure :yay:

Our family just booked the June 2nd sailing on the Wonder. We are thrilled! My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. There will be 3 of us, myself and my husband and our 6 year old DS. A few questions I'm hoping this group can help me with...
How do I access the FB group? Did a search, but the system says the page is unavailable.

This is our first Disney cruise, so we don't know much about it. I see a lot of about Fish Extender (FE). What's that? Too late to participate?

I'm trying to book excursions through the disney cruise website, but that option is not available to me for some reason. we've paid fully for our cruise. Curious if anyone has experienced that problem? I'm really hoping they aren't booked up already.

And finally, pardon me if I've entered this post incorrectly. New to disboards as well

Thank you! So looking forward to this adventure :yay:

WElcome aboard!!!!! I just changed the f/b settings so you can find us (we had some unwanted interest in the group and had to make it not searchable).

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise ~ June 2, 2014 Come on over and join.

As for booking the excursions, did you JUST book and pay for the cruise? If so, it may take 24 hours for the system to update.

The facebook group is very active so come on over and we can answer most if not all of your questions.

As for the FE, it's kind of a secret santa type thing. There are about 25 cabins involved. You'd give each cabin in the group (or person, depending upon what you want to do) and you'd get a gift from each cabin. more info on f/b about this too.

It has been so long since I've been on the Dis Meet and wanted to say Hi to all the newer members of the group.

Looking forward to this vacation, catching up with friends and meeting new ones, too! :cool1:

It has been so long since I've been on the Dis Meet and wanted to say Hi to all the newer members of the group.

Looking forward to this vacation, catching up with friends and meeting new ones, too! :cool1:

I know Cheryl, NO ONE is on this thread, kind of sad but hopefully since it's less than two months they'll start talking here for anyone not on the facebook group.

Hi Monica! Noticed you are not on FB page:tink: Was wondering if you have gotten your cabin assignment yet? Let me know when you have please:hippie:

Originally Posted by frankiefiner

Hello all! I just got off my first Disney cruise Friday (on the Magic). This board was really helpful in getting me prepared and I am grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences. Once on board I discovered something about the wave phones that I didn't see in any of the posts, so thought I'd share.

Many posters have commented/complained that you can only charge one phone at once, when in fact there are two ways to keep multiple phones charging at the same time.

Method 1: Spare Battery Charging Slot:

Behind the main charging slot you will find another small slot with a thin metal strip on top. If you pull the battery out of the second phone and slide it in that little slot, underneath the metal strip, you will see a light go on and it will start charging. Works great for overnight charging of two phones.

Method 2: Micro-USB port

If you look at the phone and the charger in detail, you'll see that everything is powered by USB power and micro-USB ports. This is the same port type used to charge most non-Apple phones, Kindles, etc. With power strips now outlawed and outlets limited I just brought two of the Anker 5-port USB chargers that others have recommended here (these are handy at home too), along with plenty of cables. So with 10 USB charging ports at our disposal there was no problem keeping wave phones fully charged. If someone wanted to free up an extra outlet, they could charge both phones this way and get rid of the bulky charger altogether.

On a side note, we used the wave phones often since we were traveling with another family, but like others found them a little dated and clumsy to use. But they got the job done. With the Navigator App now available on all the ships and WiFi coverage pretty good, I see no reason why they couldn't just integrate text and talk into the app, which would eliminate the need for wave phones all together.

Hope this is helpful! Sorry I couldn't post links or photos to make it clearer.

Originally Posted by frankiefiner

Hello all! I just got off my first Disney cruise Friday (on the Magic). This board was really helpful in getting me prepared and I am grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences. Once on board I discovered something about the wave phones that I didn't see in any of the posts, so thought I'd share.

Just a heads up group, I'm not sure who Carl850 is but he copied this post into a handful of meet up threads (he wasn't the original poster either). But in searching this information may not be effective for our cruise.

The magic got new wavephones during her transformation in dry dock. These are different than the old ones on the other ships.

So just a heads up.

Hi there,
I just booked this cruise. I was wondering if its not too late to join in on the FE list. I also sent a request to join the FB group

Hi there,
I just booked this cruise. I was wondering if its not too late to join in on the FE list. I also sent a request to join the FB group

Caroline, I just added you to the f/b group (Much more active over there). I believe there is room for one more on the FE list. Come on over!

Hi there,

I just saw your ticker!!! You're doing a weekend cruise to no where, that has to be so relaxing!!!

Hello! I'm Angela, and my husband is Derek- both in our early 30s. We are later comers- just booked a couple days ago!

Last summer, Derek and I went on a Disney Mediterranean cruise and ended up clicking with a really cool family from England- a mother and her two grown kids, theater and Disney geeks like me. When they told us they were going to do an Alaskan cruise, we thought it would be a great opportunity to see them again! It took us us a while to figure out if it would be practical to go, but now we are all set. I'm so excited! I've actually been on an Alaskan cruise before. I went on the Princess one in 1999 with my family just before I went off to college, but this will be Derek's first time, and I didn't do any excursions last time.

This trip is sort of a "babymoon." I'll be just starting my 2nd trimester when we board. :)

Hello! I'm Angela, and my husband is Derek- both in our early 30s. We are later comers- just booked a couple days ago!

Last summer, Derek and I went on a Disney Mediterranean cruise and ended up clicking with a really cool family from England- a mother and her two grown kids, theater and Disney geeks like me. When they told us they were going to do an Alaskan cruise, we thought it would be a great opportunity to see them again! It took us us a while to figure out if it would be practical to go, but now we are all set. I'm so excited! I've actually been on an Alaskan cruise before. I went on the Princess one in 1999 with my family just before I went off to college, but this will be Derek's first time, and I didn't do any excursions last time.

This trip is sort of a "babymoon." I'll be just starting my 2nd trimester when we board. :)

Welcome to the cruise. Which Med cruise were you on last year?

Angela, Come on over to our f/b group it's much more active than the Disthread (sadly).

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise ~ June 2, 2014

Oh my gosh, are you excited!!! Two months from today we'll be sailing away on the Wonder! If there is anyone here that is not on the f/b group, I have a private mixology session I'm working on setting up for the first sea day at 3pm (this of course is up to DCL and subject to change). If you'd like to be included, pm me your name, the number going and your room number or reservation number. DCL will charge $15 per person for the course (same price if you sign up yourself, but often they sell out before you can get in as they are a limited number of seats). We have to have 25 people, I'm at 23 as of today 4/2. If you'd like to be included either message me or comment back here.

Hi, My family and I will be on this cruise as well. Was wondering what the topic of the mixology course was and whether there was still room available? My with and I, our three kids, and my wife's parents will be along on the cruise but I am the only drinks connoisseur in the group. lol. I've clicked to join the facebook group as well.

Donald Walker

We leave for Seattle in two weeks and set sail in 16 days!!! Cannot wait to meet everyone!

Hello I'm a first time cruiser and we are VERY excited!!!! I would love to know more about FE! Thanks ladies

My sons are ages 7&9

Hello I'm a first time cruiser and we are VERY excited!!!! I would love to know more about FE! Thanks ladies

My sons are ages 7&9

Welcome aboard Melissa. Are you on the cruise that leaves two weeks from today? If so the FE closed the end of April. Those who joined late are on our pixie list for just those few groups. To get more info, it's best that you come over to our f/b group. I'll make it so you can find us by clicking on this link below.

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise ~ June 2, 2014

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter