• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney without wheels

Mary, Wow what a busy week you had. I was exhausted just reading your adventures. Loved seeing the grandkids enjoying themselves as well as the big kids too. I imagine the kids are still talking about their trip. You are braver than I when it comes to riding the Rock n Roll Coaster. I would love to ride it but the take off scares the stuffing out of me. And Tower of Terror, have you no fear????

Thanks for taking us along with your travels, it was so much fun reading your trip report.

What a wonderful report!!! I just read it all from start to finish. I love your style of writing, I feel like I am there with you.

All the pictures are beautiful. I can't help but think what memories your grandchildren will have. Such a wonderful family, you all are truly blessed to get along so well.

Thank you for sharing! :hug: :flower3:

Oh thank you my friends for reading. I was beginning to think nobody was going to read it.

So glad you liked it.

rapieibe, I just made up my mind that I was GOING to ride Rockn' roller coaster. Especially after I kept telling Jesse to remember that he shouldn't be scared of rides because nothing bad can happen at Disney. LOL I did pretty good walking most of the time without using my cane too much, except for a couple of days.

snappyd, yes, I am definitely blessed to have such a wonderful family.

minniefan65, thank you. As you can tell both Karen and Chuck love to take pictures and we made full use of the photopass guys.

Just finished reading your latest TR! Sounds like you had a great trip! You got some nice pictures of the kids and nice family pics too.

good for you for going on RnR coaster! I haven't braved that one yet. I am not a fan of going upside down. I probably could be talked into going on it but it probably won't be anytime soon as when we go next time, it most likely will be just DH and I and he has NO interest in it. Big Thunder is about his Limit. :)

I have to say that your grandkids are So cute! That little Zoey has the cutest little smile! princess:

rndnr2, thank you so much for reading. You don't really feel like your going upside down on RNR. It goes so fast that by the time you figure your upside down, it's over. LOL

We did have such a wonderful time. I know it's going to be a long two years before we go back.

Zoey has her mom's smile. She is quite the little ham when it comes to taking her picture. She loves to pose.

Thanks again.

I just found your trip report and read it this morning. I too am a grandma that loves to take trips with my daughter's family. We also rent a house and don't think we will ever stay on site. I can't give up all the room and private pool. I have 3 grandkids who are getting older but still love Disney. So sorry you had to get a cold, but glad to see you still had fun. Good job on losing the weight and not having to use a wheelchair. I had lost 30 pounds before I retired and wish I could lose another 30, but when I quit walking all day at my job I quit losing. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures.

Thank you so much for reading gopherdame. We also love our vacation homes. It is much cheaper than staying onsite and much more convenient for our family. Having our own pool and jacuzzi is just the perfect end to the day.

I'm still on Weight Watchers. I'm still trying to lose more weight but I'm on that dreaded plateau. Can't seem to get off it. I know what I'm doing wrong, just can't seem to stop myself from doing it. Now that my daughter in law is also on it, I think I may have better luck. She's going to get me a "Fitbit" for my birthday so it will encourage me to be more active. She actually rode her bicycle 7 miles to the meeting tonight and then back home. I am so proud of her.

The cold I had wasn't that bad and the meds kept it mostly at bay. I had such a wonderful time. Only 638 more days until the next time.

I'm bumping my own trip report in the vain hope that someone else will read.

I had so much fun writing it.

Angelrose - I just read your complete TR! Loved it! Congrats on not needing wheels. It sounds like your joints react to the weather and adds to your pain. Both of your grandchildren have the most beautiful smiles. Everyone looked like they had so much fun. Loved the pictures.

Ya gotta wait 2 years, huh?! I remember when you went on your last trip 2 years ago - it'll go by fast.

(Your TR was worth waiting for!)

Thank you so much for reading minniecarousel. We all did have such a wonderful time. Chuck and Karen are going back in October for their 10th anniversary and her birthday. So I will have those pictures to tide me over for another 614 more days.

I just read your whole trip report. It sounds like you had a great time inspite of the rain. We did the Pirate Adventure on our last trip and had a lot of fun.
Your grandchildren are so cute in their costumes.
Liz

Thank you Clio for reading. I think the adults had as much fun as Jesse on that Pirate Adventure.

They both love to dress up. Zoey is always a Princess and mostly Cinderella. Jesse, loves to be a pirate, cowboy and super hero.

Just read the trip report (from the link in your siggy!) We were at Disney the same time as you end of Jan-beginning of Feb. I can totally relate to the trip flying by, but at the same time being ready to go home- I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation lol. Next year we are hoping grandma and grandpa (my ILs) come with us to help with our DD (and give my DH and I some alone time in the parks, too). Your family pictures look great!!

Thank you for reading crayon3448. Strange how many people from the DIS are at Disney at the same time. I wish we could have met.

I know what you mean about needing a vacation after a vacation. For the next few days at home I did a whole lot of nothing to rest up.

Now I have to wait until 2016 until we all go again. Just 582 more days.

Thank you for the compliment on my family.

Just found and read. What a fun report and great pics.

Thank you Scott. I'm happy that you enjoyed my report and pictures.

You know I always read your trip reports and enjoy them.

AngelRose, just now found your trip report...I enjoyed it so much! The photos are fabulous...as I looked through your last day at the a Magic Kingdom I was thinking how much we have missed with Sophia. She has been for a day twice with her folks, then Mia, Sophia and I drove down for 4 ngts - we stayed in an offsite condo, very close to the parks...we have to take our pups with us. I really missed being onsite ....it is just not the same driving in everyday, then going back to a Condo. Maybe we should try to find a house for the next trip...I would like to surprise them at Christmas with a trip for all of us in January. Sophia is in Kindergarten so it is the last year Mia would want to take her out of school for a trip. :goodvibes

Anyway, so happy I came across your TR - and congrats on the weight loss and no wheels!! :cool1: When is your next trip?

Ps Did you run into any big tour groups or cheerleaders? How were the crowds at WDW based in 1 being the lowest and 10 the most crowded? Thanks!

Hi Minnie&Nana. Glad you enjoyed reading my trip report. We had such a wonderful time there.

Jesse is in first grade now and will be in second grade when we go in 2016. We always go in February because the crowds are very light. I would say about a 3. It would probably be the same in January. Be sure to take coats because it can be very cold at times.

I would recommend renting a vacation house. It was wonderful. I had my own suite and Chuck and Karen had theirs. The kids each had their own rooms. We had a swimming pool, jacuzzi, pool table. Just everything you would have in your own home. It was very relaxing and much cheaper than staying onsite. It was only a 15 minute drive to DW from there. When you think about it, it probably takes less time than waiting for a bus to get back to your room. With a big family it's just easier for us to rent a vacation house.

Thank you for the compliments.

We didn't run into any cheerleaders this time and any tour groups we did run into were very quiet and polite. No problems there at all.

There are only 491 more days until our next trip! Practically around the corner. I wonder if I should start packing? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter