Disney with Toddlers: What to do day after MNSS Halloween Party?

WasteLess Mama

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'm in the midst of planning our itinerary for October/November. I'll be traveling with my two toddlers, ages almost 3 and almost 2 by the time we go, as well as my mom who's 69 and isn't super active.

The day we fly in, we will check into AoA and head straight to the Halloween Party. We'll see how it goes, but I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it in the park from 4-12, or close to that.

We will be staying at AoA for just three nights and then staying a week in an off-property timeshare. Our plan is to take 3 break days to avoid wearing ourselves out. I'm leaving it flexible for Day 2 in case the kids are too tired, but want to book FPs for one of the parks with the hope that we'll be game for at least a half day of park fun.

We aren't planning on riding many rides the night of the Halloween party, and one of those resort days we will spend at AK (plan to get FP for Na'vi RJ). So, between MK, Epcot, and DHS, which would you prioritize getting FPs for? We don't want to do SDMT as the kids are too small, but we do want to do Frozen Ever After and Alien Swirling Saucers... curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the best plan!

I'd go with HS IF you can get FP for the Saucers. I'm not sure how difficult that will be. I'd plan the FP in the late afternoon sometime, that way you can sleep in and maybe swim during the heat. Overall, just try to have a relaxing first part of the day. The reason I recommend HS is it's physically the smallest park so it won't be as much walking after a long night at the party.

I'd go with HS IF you can get FP for the Saucers. I'm not sure how difficult that will be. I'd plan the FP in the late afternoon sometime, that way you can sleep in and maybe swim during the heat. Overall, just try to have a relaxing first part of the day. The reason I recommend HS is it's physically the smallest park so it won't be as much walking after a long night at the party.

Very good point - thanks for the input!

I have young kids too, same age as yours (my last trip they were 4 and 2.5). I think the key isn't what to fast pass, but when you fast pass for. Whether your rope drop or go to the parks after lunch, you should always book your fast passes one after the other regardless of the ride. So if you're going to the park at 11am, book your FP for 11, 11:30 and noon. Once you're done with them, you can keep booking the next one. It keeps the kids engaged and you're not waiting for long times. The downfall is you may not go on the rides you want unless you want to do standby.

My last day there I did a fast pass for every occasion, because as soon as checked in with my fast pass I was on my phone seeing what was available and booking it. Never waited for longer than 20 minutes.

I think HS is a good park to choose for the day after a party night. In addition to the park being smaller in size, there are lots of shows to choose from that little kids may enjoy. Lots of sitting, less walking. :)

So if you're going to the park at 11am, book your FP for 11, 11:30 and noon.

Just to clarify, you can only book FP+ in 1-hour windows, so you could do 10-11, 11-12, 12-1 or something like that. But not 11, 11:30, and noon.

Right, forgot about that. Thanks for the clarification.

However, as a tip, I've always been lucky and have used my fast passes before the window they were in. I just asked the cast member if it was ok and they usually let me through. So I was able to do three fast passes quickly like that.

I think Epcot is a good afternoon park or relaxing park day. I would relax at the resort and pool in the morning, hope for an early nap and book FP at Epcot later in the day.

My DD is 12 and her favorite park is DHS. We are doing DHS the day after the Christmas party with FP+ starting around 2.
=

When my son was a toddler and we did the Halloween party, we would do Epcot the next morning. He was too short for Test Track or Soarin, and those weren't must-do's for DH and I, so we didn't have to worry about being there at rope drop for anything. We wouldn't set an alarm and just woke up when DS did, then took our time getting ready instead of rushing off to a park. It worked for us.

I. Going to suggest the alter park!

We did typhoo;lagoon day after a Christmas party last year and it was great - super r
Axing and they don’t open u til 10

Hi everyone!

I'm in the midst of planning our itinerary for October/November. I'll be traveling with my two toddlers, ages almost 3 and almost 2 by the time we go, as well as my mom who's 69 and isn't super active.

The day we fly in, we will check into AoA and head straight to the Halloween Party. We'll see how it goes, but I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it in the park from 4-12, or close to that.

We will be staying at AoA for just three nights and then staying a week in an off-property timeshare. Our plan is to take 3 break days to avoid wearing ourselves out. I'm leaving it flexible for Day 2 in case the kids are too tired, but want to book FPs for one of the parks with the hope that we'll be game for at least a half day of park fun.

We aren't planning on riding many rides the night of the Halloween party, and one of those resort days we will spend at AK (plan to get FP for Na'vi RJ). So, between MK, Epcot, and DHS, which would you prioritize getting FPs for? We don't want to do SDMT as the kids are too small, but we do want to do Frozen Ever After and Alien Swirling Saucers... curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the best plan!

Let them sleep a little longer that morning. If it is warm enough go swimming in the resort pool. Or maybe a late character breakfast before heading into one of the parks. The duluxe resorts all have different activities that happen during the day you can get a list of the planned activities and the times. Don't know if the values do this but I am pretty sure you can do this even if you are not staying deluxe.

Thanks everyone for your input! These are great tips.

I’m saving Epcot for the Monday we’re there as it’ll be food and wine festival season and I hear Monday’s are the easiest days to navigate around the park.

I love the DHS suggestion and have now planned a day around that - we decided to get the dining plan, and I was excited to get a lunch reservation for Hollywood and Vine. I think it’s plenty late enough to still allow us to sleep in/relax the morning after a party night. And bonus, it costs just one table service credit for the fantastic dining package! So we have VIP seating for the show that night as well.

Can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter