Disney with babies

Crazy as it may sound, 3 weeks. She was our "surprise" and we already had our trip planned and went with it. It was our easiest trip to date with her!!!!

Wow! What time of year did you go? Were you able to spend much time in the parks?

I think it would depend on the time of the year. I admit I feel bad and all judgmental when I see the teeny tiny babies there in the middle of summer.

We will be taking our DS for his first trip in 14 days!!!! He is just just a few weeks away from turning 2.

I think it would depend on the time of the year. I admit I feel bad and all judgmental when I see the teeny tiny babies there in the middle of summer.
I agree with this. I am taking our daughter in December when she turns 1. I wanted to go earlier but my wife didn't want to be out in the heat for long periods of time with a baby.

I've taken my son right before he turned two by myself to Disney. We did all four parks in one day. You can only do one or two things per park if you do that, so it's more of a bragging rights thing, more than anything. Lately, I've taken him, now four, and his infant sister, by myself to Disney multiple times. It's not that big of a deal to go with tiny kids without your wife helping, but being into Disney yourself helps.

We took our youngest at 12 weeks old. She is now 3. It was an October trip and it was so easy and a wonderful trip. She was so easy because they still sleep all the time at that point and they aren't grabbing and touching things as far as germ wise. Now I will say I'm not sure I would have planned a trip that soon if I had been pregnant...she was in foster care and I picked her up from the NICU at 3 weeks old. Obviously we had no clue we were getting a newborn when we planned the trip.... But I would do it again in a heartbeat because it was so easy. And she had really bad reflux and was still easy! I just had to bring extra clothes!

Went twice with kids at 11 or 12 months. I agree very easy they slept most of time.
We went in April and October so warm but not brutal weather.

Was great for the older kid. (5). She got to ride everything twice.

My husband and I will be taking our son on his first WDW/Universal vacation in January 2019. He will be 2 then. I am following along to get tips for doing the parks with baby.

The youngest we have taken a child is 3 months old. That baby (our DS) was a surprise and we already had a trip planned so we were still going no matter what.

We took granddaughter at 5 months, along with her 5 yr old brother - but we did have four adults! First week June, we used fan in stroller and spent lots of time in AC areas. Lots of fun memories. We flew with pack n play, stroller, car seat, plus all luggage.

We took our daughter for the first time when she was 18 months (May) and our sons first trip was at 7 months (January). We had very good experiences with both of their first trips.

This spring we took our 6 month old and 2 year old. It was much easier in some thing that worried me than I thought. Just have to be in the mentality you are no longer adults only.

This is exactly the forum I was looking for! It's nice to know we aren't the only crazy ones out there!

We took our first trip with our oldest son at 12 months and went again with our second son when he was 10 months old. We were supposed to be leaving one month from now for our third sons first trip, but also were surprised with a fourth (and final) addition to the family. So, we are now planning to go when our new baby is either about three or five months old (end of November or end of January). We did have to postpone the trip, but already had park tickets, flights, etc. booked, so we do have to go relatively quickly after the baby is born.

So, all that to be said, we will be taking a very young baby here soon (along with three other boys aged 1,3,5). I know that we will have to go verrrrrrry slow, but I think that we will have a ton of fun!

I have always felt so sorry for infants at Disney in the summertime, especially when the moms are wearing them.
They get so hot that it really scares me. They do not regulate their temperatures well.

We brought DS when he was 3 months (in January) and DD when she was 6 months (in October). The younger they are the easier they are!

Though we spent a full day at the Bronx Zoo 13 days post c-section with my DD before DH's paternity leave ended. So we are very much a get up and go family.

I'm sure I'll get flamed, but we brought two of our babies when they were 2 weeks. With our oldest we had a trip booked and committed to a year before she was born. With baby #3 we decided to plan a spontaneous trip. No issues with either. They spent most of the time either in the bjorn front pack or sleeping in the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter