Disney with a broken ankle

babynurse31

Mouseketeer
We have a quick Disney trip planned next weekend. I broke my ankle and will need to use a wheelchair. Can I rent a wheelchair from Disney and be able to use it the whole stay? I know I can rent one at the parks but I will need one I can use at the hotels and getting to and from the parks. What's the best way to go about obtaining one?

Thanks for your help!

If you need it for the whole trip, then you should rent one for an off site company so that it is waiting for you. Disney does not rent wheelchairs outside of the parks and the resort ones are first come first serve.

There is information about renting wheelchairs in post #2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread (including phone numbers and links to off-site rental places). You can get to that thread by following the link in my signature or you can find it near the top of the thread list for this board.

As was already mentioned, Disney only rents them in the parks. They do have some to lend from the resorts, but those can’t be reserved ahead of time and posters have found them to be not always in the best of shape.
Also, if you rent one from off-site, you would be able to request one with an elevating foot if you think you may want to have your foot raised.

During your day at the park, if you want to lie down and/or raise your foot up for a while, you can visit First Aid in any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter