• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with a 2 year old

Hollyxpop

Earning My Ears
We’re planning a trip to Disney world for 2 adults and a 2 year old. For our budget we can either stay
7 nights at Port Orleans French quarter
10 nights at a preferred room at all stars

Which do you think would be more practical in terms of being close to the food courts and buses and how busy the buses are? And if 10 days would be better or overwhelm a small child?
I
I’m not worried about the themeing just which would make our lives easier.

I don’t want to stay at animation as the little mermaid rooms are too far for us and Pop has no preferred rooms available to book

Personally, I would not want to be in a value room with a 2-year old for 10 nights. I found, when traveling to WDW when my DS was younger, he was a bit out of sorts no matter where we stayed. I would do 7 nights at the nicer resort.

POFQ hands down. The resort is SOOOOO small, even in the farthest buildings it's not much more than a 5-7 minute walk (depending on your pace). Heck my 20 month old chose to walk back to our room a couple nights.

The food court at POFQ is small (if I remember correctly) so it can "feel" crowded at peak times.

The buses are what they are, I don't remember them being an issue at POFQ. It's close to Epcot and MK, I think AK was the longest ride, but we also got stuck in traffic getting into AK.

ETA: The splash pad at POFQ is awesome for that age group.

Thank you both so far. I stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and loved how small it was especially compared to when I stayed at animation & Caribbean previously so that was my first thought to stay there again

POFQ. The rooms have a bit more space and are 100% remodeled. The playground is centrally located and at certain times shaded. Splash pad. Beignets.

POFQ hands down. You have a food court close by--there is only one bus stop out front and you have the boat to DS. The splash pad and pool area is awesome there---plus you can take a walk over to POR and use their food court and pools as well since they are sister resorts.

This is a tough choice. It depends upon how often you visit and how much you want to do while you are in WDW. With 10 days instead of seven you would be able to take more breaks, go slower and get a bit more done. Also FP+ on the 10th day may get you certain popular ride FP+ (at potentially more desirable times.) Some of these may be more difficult to get at 7 days. In short, With more time you can set a more relaxed pace and /or see more.

However, if you are frequent visitors and you are fine with whatever you get done is enough, then 7 days is plenty of time to have an enjoyable vacation at WDW. POFQ is a lovely resort with 'nicer' landscaping than you will generally find at values. The overall ambience at a moderate is quieter and a little more laid back than the energetic vibe at the All Stars.

The rooms are larger at POFQ than at AS, but with only 2 adults and one 2 year old, you should be just fine with either one. If a splash pad and swimming are important, then POFQ is the obvious choice. Finally, if you plan any time at DS, then POFQ will make that a much more enjoyable experience with the boat ride down the Sassagoula river.

I suppose that it depends upon what is more important to you and your family.

FWIW, if it were me choosing between 10 days at AS preferred and 7 days at POFQ, I would opt for 10 days at AS. Have fun choosing!

Last edited:

Which all star? Movies and half of music are renovated with queen beds and preferred rooms are really nice and close to the main building. I'm a fan of the buses at the all stars because there is an actual line instead of everyone just running at the bus when it gets there. We haven't found the all stars noisy, but they definitely have a higher energy vibe like a previous poster mentioned and there is less landscaping than at POFQ. I would prefer a longer trip, but that's me, especially because we don't spend much time at the resort.

Which all star? Movies and half of music are renovated with queen beds and preferred rooms are really nice and close to the main building. I'm a fan of the buses at the all stars because there is an actual line instead of everyone just running at the bus when it gets there. We haven't found the all stars noisy, but they definitely have a higher energy vibe like a previous poster mentioned and there is less landscaping than at POFQ. I would prefer a longer trip, but that's me, especially because we don't spend much time at the resort.
I so agree, take a preferred room , request to be downstairs.

Before our recent stay, I would have said hands down POFQ...but we just stayed at ASMo this past January. I really like the murphy bed. If the 2 year old is in a pack n play, you can keep the murphy bed up and the pack n play won't take up that much room. We stayed on the 3rd floor of Building 2 in the Mighty Ducks section. It is not preferred for ASMo, but it is so close to ASMu it feels like preferred for that resort! It is also right in front of the "quiet" pool that might be nice for your little one. I would put in a request to be in the MIghty Ducks section preferably Building 2 and not worry about a preferred location...save even more money!

That being said, we stayed in POFQ way back in 2009 with our 3 kids. They were almost 12, 9 and almost 3 at the time. We used a pack n play. It was a tight squeeze, but we didn't mind...we were at WDW! The boat ride will be fun for her and easy way for you to get to Disney Springs. We loved how close everything was at the resort. There is also a path from POFQ to POR that makes for a nice stroller ride to get some nap time in.

I think the most important factor for this decision is about how long YOU want to stay as the adults. You can make either a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter