Disney with a 10 month old... Help!!

Becgaz

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie! I've been lurking around on here for a while and finally decided to join. :)

We booked a couple of week's ago and we're staying in Sequoia Lodge on 24th Sept for 4 nights, I'm so excited!
We stayed in Seqoia lodge in 2008 and loved it. We had 2 boys then and they were 2 and 3. We have since had a baby who will be 10 months when we visit. I'm just looking for advice about how taking a baby will impact our trip. Will we be able to take him on any rides? Dumbo, Peter pan etc?? We are hoping some friends will join us which will make it easier to go on rides with our 7 and 8 year olds but I want to be prepared for if they don't book.

Hope somebody can help me!

Bec. :)

We took my son for his first birthday and he could go on lots of rides.

Phantom Manor, PoTC, Tea Cups, Pinnochio, Snow White, Peter Pan, The Carousel (in the cart), Small World, Dumbo, Storybook boats, Buzz and the Magic Carpets.

He also enjoyed all the shows, especially Animagique and Playhouse Disney.

So there's lots that you can do with them. How much they enjoy it will depend on the child. My son wasn't too bothered about most rides but loved Small World, Dumbo, Magic Carpets and the Tea Cups.

It's worth reading about the baby care centres. There's one in each park and are a great place to change and feed your little one.

The best tip I can offer is that the newsagent in the train station sells lots of baby items. Powdered milk, ready milk, wipes, nappies, ready meals etc.... They're reasonable priced too.

It's not the easiest to travel with one so young but it's great when they see the characters and colours and smile.

Thank you for your help! I was starting to panic that he wouldn't be able to go on anything and apart from height restricted rides I couldn't find any other information.
Also do you have any ideas what happens in restaurants with a baby? Do I take my own meals for him? We have already booked cafe mickey and intend on eating in a restaurant every night.
Thanks again! X

When I first took my little one she was 1 and loved most rides, the staff will always tell you to have little one's on your lap, and the carousel you'd have to stand next to the horse and let them ride the horse.

For meals all we did was feed the little one from our plates, they don't expect you to buy a meal for an under 3 and they always have high chairs.

Hi
We went last November my DS was just 11 months we did get asked a couple of times how old he was because a lot of rides don't seem to let under 1's on even Dumbo, we just said he was 1 and I think because he was walking we got away with also like you we had been before with our DD and knew the ride and decided that their was nothing that could really do him any damage. But he really enjoyed all part from the queuing.

Hi Becgaz :welcome: to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board.

Hoping you'll have lots of fun on here :banana: :banana: :banana: please join in with any thread or if you have any questions please start a new one of your own.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

If you eat in a buffet you will be able to get your 10 month old his own plate of food for free. Don't forget if both adults want to go on a ride which he can't you can use child swap so you don't have to queue twice.

we went last october with a 1 yr old. we found the baby centres invaluable. they were great as somewhere to sit and feed our son. they were all kitted out with comfy chairs, high chairs and changing areas.

baby swap was also another useful thing. He also loved the shows and was dancing in his pushchair :cool1:

don't worry ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter