Disney with 3 kids, 1 adult

perkinsclan

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip to WDW in 2/03 for my kids ages 7,6 & 2. My husband will only be able to join us at MK for 1 day. Am I going to have any problem riding the rides with them by myself, especially at DS and AK?
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

There will be lots of things that you can all do together. You will need to stick to things that everyone can ride but that is a lot. If your older kids are trill seekers and know about some of the rides that your 2 year old can not ride, prepare them ahead of time that this trip, you can only ride things that everyone can do. Lots of things have long bench seats and the ones that have two seaters, are most often joined together in twos so you can put the two older ones in front of you and keep the baby with you.
Other things to think about would be resturants. Sit downs, no buffet might be easier if its in your budget. It might be hard to handle three kids and food for everyone too. Another thought is to put ID on all three kids just in case and make sure the older ones know what to do if case they get seperated from you. Also go slow and take breaks. Being in charge of everyone can be tiring! Most of all enjoy that precious time with the children.

Jordan's mom

Is there any way you could bring another grown-up (or even a teen) along so that you could babyswap? My DH doesn't do Disney, so my mom came with us for our last two trips.

Your 7yo is old enough to do a few of the rides alone. I took my then 5yo and 7yo by myself; the 5yo didn't do thrill rides, so the 7yo went by himself on both Space Mountain and Star Tours. We stood in line with him all the way to the front, and then moved to the exit to wait for him to get off. (BTW, that 5yo is now 9 and STILL won't to thrill rides.)

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc (I'm putting these pink guys on because my 2yo is "reading" over my shoulder and begging me to!)

I think you can do rides with two seats ok (for example Dumbo, Barnstormer, Winnie the Pooh). What I do is put the two older ones together in front of me and I sit with the younger one. Other rides like Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise have bench seats so you can all sit together.
You may want to think about Haunted Mansion as you would probably be in complete seperate "doom buggies". I am trying to think of others like that..... I'll post later if I think of any other possible problem rides.

It depends a lot on the individual CM's. The rules say that all kids under 7 have to ride with an adult. Technically, they would not let your 6 year old ride with your 7 year old and this can be a big pain on Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Astro Orbiter, etc.

How old does your six year old look? Could she pass for seven? I would just tell your two older ones to pretend like they know what they are doing and just board together.

Once at Dumbo, my kids looked so crushed that a nice cast member rode with one of them-on Astro Orbiter I asked a stranger to. My kids were only 5, 5, and 4. We had a great trip though-I just think you need to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter