Disney Wish

More interesting itineraries, like where? Even 7 night itineraries have limited options as to where they can go due to distance needing to travel. 8+ Night itineraries are problematic as people generally plan their vacations to travel on weekends

Usually the Murphy bed is in the cabins that sleep 5

For non-concierge categories:

On the Wonder and Magic:
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is classified as Categories 4A, 4B and 4E and is located on Deck 8.
Sleeps: 5
Size: 304 sq. ft., including verandah
Room Configuration: queen bed, single sleeper sofa, wall pull-down bed and upper berth pull-down bed

On the Dream and Fantasy:
** not all of the stateroooms in the two stateroom types have murphy beds; also, not all that have murphy beds sleep 5 >> you have to do some research to figure out which staterooms have murphy beds and how many people the room accommodates [eg it could have a murphy bed and sleep 4 by not having the upper berth pull-down bed]; if it sleeps 5 in these categories it DOES have a murphy bed.
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah classifications and locations are as follows:
Category 4A: Decks 9 and 10
Category 4B: Deck 8
Category 4C: Deck 7
Category 4D: Deck 6
Category 4E: Deck 5; oversized private verandah
Beginning with sailings in 2022, Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Verandah – Category 4D will be classifed as Category 4C, and Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Verandah – Category 4C will be classified as Category 4B.
Specifications
Sleeps: 4 to 5, except Category 4E staterooms which sleep 3 to 4
Size: 299 sq. ft., including verandah
Room Configuration: queen bed, single sleeper sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) and upper-berth pull-down bed (in some)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom classifications and locations are as follows:
Category 8A: Decks 5 and 6; 2 large porthole windows
Category 8B: Deck 9; 1 large porthole window
Category 8C: Decks 7 and 8; 1 large porthole window
Category 8D: Decks 5 and 6; 1 large porthole window
Beginning with sailings in 2022, Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms Category 8D will be classified as Category 8C, and Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms Category 8C will be classified as Category 8B.
Specifications
Sleeps: 3 to 5
Size: 241 sq. ft.
Room Configuration: queen bed, single sleeper sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper-berth pull-down bed (in some)

As an example, the below diagram is the floorplan for deck 9 of either the Dream or Fantasy [forget which, sorry]. The lightest pink is cat 8B. The staterooms that are inside the red box are the 8B ones that have a murphy bed. You will notice that some of the 8B's do NOT have murphy beds.

To bring this back on topic. I hope the Wish keeps murphy beds, though I would like them to have a better design that is more ankle/shin friendly for people walking around them [eg to access the verandah while the murphy bed is still down].

I would also like to see some staterooms that return to having the main bed be splittable into two, or even just be two beds.

More interesting itineraries, like where? Even 7 night itineraries have limited options as to where they can go due to distance needing to travel. 8+ Night itineraries are problematic as people generally plan their vacations to travel on weekends

To me, in a perfect world, we’d get more ships doing the 7 nights that the Fantasy does and since there would be more rooms doing those trips then prices would come down a tad. Pipe dream I know and they won’t ever drop prices but i wish it could happen haha

If there are more and better itineraries it will be the older ships that go do them. Or perhaps the surprise third ship they sprung after announcing the two expected... it may be a wild card.

I agree. To my completely uneducated mind, I think you’d want to balance things out.

If you had the brand-new sparkly ships sailing new/interesting/different itineraries, who would want to sail the older ships on the same-old, same-old “boring” itineraries?

“Reward” people sailing on the older ships with cool itineraries, and “compensate” people sailing the pedestrian CC-Nassau milk run with a state-of-the-art ship. Might even out demand across the fleet.

If that makes any sense?

The sofa flips into a twin bed. Its against the wall and not too comfortable.
I’m the primary (250# 5’9”) when we sail I take the sofa. Fell asleep on it accidentally when putting my daughter to bed the first night. Now I sail with my parents and daughter. She gets the upper bunk, I take the sofa, my parents get the queen. My husband hates to sail.
Have you tried the Disney sofa/bed? I’ve been on RC and do not recommend their bunk bed or sofa for adults.

The Wish is the first of the fleet powered by LPG. Port Canaveral will be the primary place to refuel for the new ships until other ports update their infrastructure to service LPG ships. So, it may be awhile until the new ships can sail alternative itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter