• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish Pricing is Up!

Looks like prices for inside cabins fell $30-$60 per sailing already. They must still be loading categories in or something.

I wonder if those prices are realistic. Is there one stateroom at that price, then it shoots up? A bit like airline pricing, when you can rarely get the advertised special rate...
That’s what they basically do with ABD early booking discounts. There are only a few released for each date, then the price jumps up to the next pricing tier. So it wouldn’t shock me if DCL does something similar especially for the maiden voyage.

So here is an apples to apples recent comparison of anyone is interested.

They aren’t as high as I thought they could be (Maiden voyage notwithstanding) - our family of 5 cruised on a 4 night Dream cruise on August 12th-16th 2019 in a category 4C for $7037 after taxes and fees.

The Wish prices for a category 4 for our family of 5 start at $7312 for 8/8-8/12 and $6665 for 8/15-8/19, those prices are extremely comparable to me.

😢😢 Unfortunately because of our school district adopting an earlier start to the school year and high school fall sports, August is off the table for us....bummer.
When did you book 2019 Dream sailing? And did you use an OBB discounts? The prices increase over time.

I was also surprised with the prices, under similar pricing between the Wish and the others I guess most people will choose the new one so.. what is the strategy?

Captivating with new ship even if it means leaving the Dream and the others with open spots.. offers on those could come?
We don't cruise the Bahamas in the summer - and certainly won't do it next summer when international travel will have opened up. There will be others thinking alike. I think Disney is being conservative for this reason.

We are on the 14-night WBPC sailing in March and the 10-nighter from Hawaii in May, plus the 11-nighter to Iceland in August. These 3-/4-night trips just don't cut it anymore, but one trip we haven't tried is to combine a Bahamas cruise with a Caribbean cruise - like 11 nights either back-to-back or something like Bahamas-WDW-Caribbeans. This may now be a good cause just to sample the Wish.

Maybe late fall 2022, or winter 2023.

We don't cruise the Bahamas in the summer - and certainly won't do it next summer when international travel will have opened up. There will be others thinking alike. I think Disney is being conservative for this reason.

We are on the 14-night WBPC sailing in March and the 10-nighter from Hawaii in May, plus the 11-nighter to Iceland in August. These 3-/4-night trips just don't cut it anymore, but one trip we haven't tried is to combine a Bahamas cruise with a Caribbean cruise - like 11 nights either back-to-back or something like Bahamas-WDW-Caribbeans. This may now be a good cause just to sample the Wish.

Maybe late fall 2022, or winter 2023.

See you on the May Hawaii!!!! OT but did you see the Aulani offer? They are offering 30% off a pre or post stay for anyone booked on either Hawaii sailing. You must call Disney Cruise Line to book or your TA if you booked with one.

MJ

The pricing will likely go up as the days go buy. If you look at the thread of opening day pricing for summer 2022 cruises on the other ships, pricing increased between when Platinum could first book and when we (Gold) could.

that is just plain mean! Looking at these prices - we are pleasantly surprised for a non-MV cruise that we can book as DVC members (first time DCL cruisers). Hopefully they don't increase to the point of pricing us out!

When did you book 2019 Dream sailing? And did you use an OBB discounts? The prices increase over time.

I did book that cruise less than 6 months out but it wasn’t that popular of a category or date until last minute sailings went up because I had tracked the opening versus price we paid and it was not that significant (less than a couple hundred dollars different overall). I don’t have that data handy anymore though.

I did use a 10% OBB but I added that back into my total before quoting the price here.

I hope they release the rest of Fall 2022 soon. I'm not interested in cruising during high hurricane season, but might be interested in booking the Wish for December 2022, especially if they throw in a few longer itineraries, like over the holidays perhaps.

We’re “fall cruisers” too....I like to cruise when the weather where I live is starting to suck, lol!

The prices are definitely cheaper than I expected for “regular” cruises. Obviously the MV is almost double the price for bragging rights.

I think these are all restricted fares (GTY), because if you click on "rate details," they all say, "Full payment is required at the time of booking for all Guests and is non-refundable," even for inside cabins. At first I was worried that this meant that all fares are now nonrefundable, like concierge cabins are. But I think it actually just means that they aren't showing us the prices for the kinds of fares that you can cancel.

I think these are all restricted fares (GTY), because if you click on "rate details," they all say, "Full payment is required at the time of booking for all Guests and is non-refundable," even for inside cabins. At first I was worried that this meant that all fares are now nonrefundable, like concierge cabins are. But I think it actually just means that they aren't showing us the prices for the kinds of fares that you can cancel.
I tried other ships and itineraries offering no GT rooms. They all show the same thing. So the price of Wish is not for the GT rates. They just show the cheapest room from that category.

I am booked on the Dream this September in a 5E verandah stateroom (my favorite category). However, concierge starting prices are not far off for the Wish than what I am paying for now. However, I believe the rates are most likely for the ocean view and not verandah, but I am exited for the floor to ceiling window concept! I am Gold and will be booking on May 24th. If I can snag a concierge room I am cancelling the Dream and hope to be onboard the Wish next August/September! (My partner and I have no children so this is our favorite time of year to cruise besides April/May).

The pricing will likely go up as the days go buy. If you look at the thread of opening day pricing for summer 2022 cruises on the other ships, pricing increased between when Platinum could first book and when we (Gold) could.

I was referring to having just one stateroom available at the lowest price.

The Wish has concierge ocean view rooms, so the starting price undoubtedly refers to rooms with no verandah. I am willing to bet a concierge verandah room will be quite a bit more.

Yea...I’m sure that’s correct. I’m still surprised even the ocean view aren’t more. Personally- we’d go verandah - so I’m still bracing myself for those prices 🤣

Yea...I’m sure that’s correct. I’m still surprised even the ocean view aren’t more. Personally- we’d go verandah - so I’m still bracing myself for those prices 🤣

The price list for the DVC cruise was leaked and it shows $2159pp for 3B and $2686pp for 3A so my guess is it will be about a $1000 per cabin difference to have a verandah on a 3 night cruise. 1BR has a much bigger jump. My guess is Disney is going to find the Category 3's are going to be a "sweet spot" and will raise the price over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter