• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish Maiden Voyage - News & Live Checkins

Well, that’s awkward. I’m wondering how Disney will deal with folks walking around in their own room in a low state of dress (ie naked) with the shades open…
This is awkward for sure. At this point, it is the responsibility of the people staying in the tower suite to close the blinds and/or Disney to respond expediantly if there is a less-than-mindful guest who is lacking that responsibility. TBH, a naked guest in the tower suite is likely only happen out of ignorance rather than malice.

Another thing: there is no such thing as truly one-way glass. One-way glass only works when the side you want to be hidden (inside) is dark and the side you want to be shown a mirror (outside) is bright. When you flip it around that the hidden side is bright and the mirrored side is dark...like say at night time in the tower suite...light will shine through mirrored glass exposing the inside.

The better option would be for Disney to install the electric "frosting" with a control switch like they have for the bathrooms in the other fancy suites. Maybe with an auto-timer that turns it on before it gets too dark outside. Or just make absolutely sure that the occupants are aware that you're there for all to see at night in a highly prominant location and to close your blinds when you want or need privacy.

This is awkward for sure. At this point, it is the responsibility of the people staying in the tower suite to close the blinds and/or Disney to respond expediantly if there is a less-than-mindful guest who is lacking that responsibility. TBH, a naked guest in the tower suite is likely only happen out of ignorance rather than malice.

Another thing: there is no such thing as truly one-way glass. One-way glass only works when the side you want to be hidden (inside) is dark and the side you want to be shown a mirror (outside) is bright. When you flip it around that the hidden side is bright and the mirrored side is dark...like say at night time in the tower suite...light will shine through mirrored glass exposing the inside.

The better option would be for Disney to install the electric "frosting" with a control switch like they have for the bathrooms in the other fancy suites. Maybe with an auto-timer that turns it on before it gets too dark outside. Or just make absolutely sure that the occupants are aware that you're there for all to see at night in a highly prominant location and to close your blinds when you want or need privacy.
They need something better, paying 25-35K for a room, folks are going to want actual privacy.

That said, on-shore concierge services just told me this:

"Regarding your stateroom inquiry, we have been advised since the maiden sailings, a privacy film was being added to the main window. Also, there are automated blinds for your convenience."

My guess is they realized this on the maiden voyage and rapidly ordered something to protect.

If it's like the past 29 cruises I've sailed you won't be able to shop before sailaway party since it's in port once they leave you can
Thank you, I had forgotten about that. I learned all the info back in 2020 but since I couldn't make my original one and this one was last minute in comparison I have forgotten a lot of the things I had looked into.

They need something better, paying 25-35K for a room, folks are going to want actual privacy.

That said, on-shore concierge services just told me this:

"Regarding your stateroom inquiry, we have been advised since the maiden sailings, a privacy film was being added to the main window. Also, there are automated blinds for your convenience."

My guess is they realized this on the maiden voyage and rapidly ordered something to protect.

I'm not sure what they did install, but this was around 10:50pm on this past Saturday night....view from Currents Bar. I was shocked. I think the blinds closed by themselves at 11pm.

Attachments

• 20220723_225635.jpg
    20220723_225635.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 131

On the MV we had a tour of the Briar Rose 2 story suite and in their bathroom on the top floor that looked out over the ocean with a wall of glass all they had to do was flip a switch and the glass turned Opaque. May the Tower Suite has that too.

Before:

DSCN7614 (2).JPG

And after they flicked the switch...totally opaque
DSCN7620 (2).JPG

Well, that’s awkward. I’m wondering how Disney will deal with folks walking around in their own room in a low state of dress (ie naked) with the shades open…
'By expecting people to not look at what they dont want to see?

No different to apartment buildings & hotel rooms?

We just got off the Wish this morning. Hyperspace Reservations were in Triton's Lounge and dining changes in Luna. Apparently Guest Services could access the Hyperspace Lounge reservations as well which we didn't know, also it opened up earlier than was posted. I would make sure to check the Navigator app while waiting to board. They were letting parties make 2-3 reservations as well, so there were some disappointed groups that couldn't get one. Just our experience.

Where on the Navigator would I need to look for this info?

Where on the Navigator would I need to look for this info?
I believe it was in the Daily Activities schedule with the time and location and it may also have been on the information screen for that day. I wish I had gotten screenshots...

Last edited:
I believe it was in the Daily Activities schedule with the time and lication and it may also have been on the information screen for that day. I wish I had gotten screenshots...

I saw youtube videos of the maiden voyage daily activities and it wasn't on there so I'm thinking it must have been the info screen

I saw youtube videos of the maiden voyage daily activities and it wasn't on there so I'm thinking it must have been the info screen

I was on the 7/19-7/22 cruise, so I believe they had moved some things around and had some updates by that third cruise. :) Constantly changing as they figure things out...

I was on the 7/19-7/22 cruise, so I believe they had moved some things around and had some updates by that third cruise. :) Constantly changing as they figure things out...
Yeah completely makes sense. I'm hoping the more sailings there are the more videos will appear to help us out :D

Can I ask a couple of questions please. Bit of cruise newbie!
1. Do any of the shops on board sell magnets that you put on your stateroom door ?

2. Are you given bandannas for the Pirate night or do you bring your own ?

Thanks for any help.

1. Yes, there are magnets in the shops

2. This always used to happen, but people have reported recently that they did not get bandanas on the Wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter