• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish Maiden Voyage - News & Live Checkins

So then it wasn't $100 for the 5 nights, but rather $120? That's too much, really.
No, it was $100 for the 5 nights. That's the package I have and I paid $100.
@AquaDame here you go. Also, notice that because of lack of storage, the ladder has to be stored under the bed leaving only half of that space for luggage. We are in a standard inside:
View attachment 685343View attachment 685342View attachment 685344
We are in a larger cabin apparently. Our cabin is a 4A and our closet has 3 sections. If you were to add another hanging section as on the right of this to the left of the shelves that's what our closet looks like.
I’m extremely concerned it’s a lack of privacy issue. I’m curious how Disney will handle it. I can’t imagine it’s guests will be happy being told that they need to be dressed in X or close their blinds simply because of poor design
I'm doubting that those who sail in that suite will no be able to figure out how to maintain their privacy.
You’re right; that is almost no storage. On the other ships, even the standard insides are comfortable with plenty of room.
We've found plenty of storage in our 4A. But yes, there are some really awkward things about the cabin.

The space between the foot of the bed and the wall is very tight. Definitely not a two way street. :) Also, the space between the bed and the wall to the bathroom is so tight you have to do the spiderman kind of crawl along the wall to get in that side.

The phone is not on the desk, but instead mounted upright on the side of one of the shelf supports. That means you can't read what the multitude of buttons actually say on the phone.

We are also finding the split bath a bit more restrictive than we remember. We were on the Dream (Podcast Cruise 7) just a couple of months ago and don't recall it being that tight. Maybe we put on weight since then?

We were on the Dream (Podcast Cruise 7) just a couple of months ago and don't recall it being that tight. Maybe we put on weight since then?
I think someone looked and the advertised square footage is smaller in all categories, but I don’t remember by how much.

I’m extremely concerned it’s a lack of privacy issue. I’m curious how Disney will handle it. I can’t imagine it’s guests will be happy being told that they need to be dressed in X or close their blinds simply because of poor design (my assumption is the WT will be booked by large families or just couples, not much in the middle. Couples may not want to wear many in the “privacy” of their room)
Recently stayed in a Loft Suite on Royal Caribbean
- from my bedroom and lounge could see the wave riders, mini golf and basketball court - plus the public areas in between

No doubt people could look in and see everything I was up to and wearing or (very often)not wearing

I don’t see an issue with it, I loved the people watching that we had from most angles of the suite, and the view out to the ocean across the stern was amazing. if a few people saw me naked then that’s on them, doesn’t bother me and I’m sure most werent bothered either - not sure why people get so hung up on “privacy” - we all have the same parts and we all have sex

We had Palo dinner last night. First we stopped in the Rose lounge for an adult beverage. Very nice place and we will be returning. Our Rose waiter let the Palo people know we were there after he took our drink order. We enjoyed ourselves taking in the details, along with the beverages. :)

Before we had quite finished our drinks, the Palo seater and David who would be our waiter came over to get us. It was probably 10 minutes before our actual reservation time. They took our drinks for us and showed us to our table. Palo is a very elegant restaurant. But I'm not sure why the continue to call it Palo as it has no poles (other than the actual column that support the ship) and no Italian/Venice theming.

The mean was paced and wound up taking ~2.5 hours which was fine with us. The food was good. But, IMHO, not up to the usual Palo standards. I won't say we were disappointed, just that we thought it could be better.

This morning after breakfast (we went to 1923 for that) we get back to the room about 10:30 and get a call from Enchantè where we had waitlisted asking if we were interested in coming for brunch at 11:30. Since we were still full from breakfast we declined.
do you know of any of the breakfast sit-down menus? same with lunch my cruise is in 3 weeks i cant wait thanks for the update.

Is the rainforest room selling out now that its back to day passes/length of stay passes?

Our PAT is 2PM so worried we won't be able to get into some of the things we want.

We are in a larger cabin apparently. Our cabin is a 4A and our closet has 3 sections. If you were to add another hanging section as on the right of this to the left of the shelves that's what our closet looks like.

I'm doubting that those who sail in that suite will no be able to figure out how to maintain their privacy.

We've found plenty of storage in our 4A. But yes, there are some really awkward things about the cabin.

The space between the foot of the bed and the wall is very tight. Definitely not a two way street. :) Also, the space between the bed and the wall to the bathroom is so tight you have to do the spiderman kind of crawl along the wall to get in that side.

The phone is not on the desk, but instead mounted upright on the side of one of the shelf supports. That means you can't read what the multitude of buttons actually say on the phone.

We are also finding the split bath a bit more restrictive than we remember. We were on the Dream (Podcast Cruise 7) just a couple of months ago and don't recall it being that tight. Maybe we put on weight since then?
Another awkward thing is the wall (at least in our room) isn’t flat by the TV… pardon the mess since were already well into the cruise.

44D96F3D-D0CE-4F86-A24F-53B7CADB4248.jpeg

Tonight was "optional dress up" and I'm glad it was as I totally forgot! ^^;; We were so busy we were late to dinner, and then rushed from there to Nightingales as they had a fabulous pianist doing park music. He was SO GOOD and funny to boot..! We then went up to the top to finally ride Aquamouse (which I thought was pretty fun, but since it was nighttime we weren't upset about the lack of views). We also were allowed to keep sitting in the raft and go around as many times as we liked as there was no line at 8:30. All this to say I... well somehow I didn't see a single character tonight. I went through the area several times but the lines blocked the view of them... hopefully someone else can answer.
Charcters were out after 9 pm. They were in sailor outfits. Minnie was in captain uniform but in dress pants.

It can't be $24/night and also $100 for 5 nights unless Disney is offering a discount when you pay for the whole cruise. That would be different than what they're doing on the other ships, but I guess it's possible. Weird, though. I wonder if they'll standardize that.

Ashley had people clap as the numbers went higher… some folks on here have been on over 100 cruises. The applause was deafening until she hit 75 or more. So crazy..!

They are!
There are a few on the other extreme side which are first time cruisers during the second main show at 830 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter