Disney Wish Live Float Out

Obviously the Dream class's DNA is visible in the Wish, but it really looks like everything different is an improvement. I'm really digging the look of the various enclosed glass areas and how big the adult deck is at the back of the ship. It's all well and good to see it on mockups and deck plans, but having some real-life reference really helps.

The plans show a shipside promenade on deck 4 midship and then stairs leading up to a shipside promenade on deck 5 forward. hard to tell if it goes around to the back. I suppose if you can walk on it and you can jog on it.

The plans show a shipside promenade on deck 4 midship and then stairs leading up to a shipside promenade on deck 5 forward. hard to tell if it goes around to the back. I suppose if you can walk on it and you can jog on it.
I’m still trying to figure out if there will be a way to jog laps around the ship like you can on all the others (whether you need to change levels or not). It doesn’t look like it, which would be very disappointing.

I’m still trying to figure out if there will be a way to jog laps around the ship like you can on all the others (whether you need to change levels or not). It doesn’t look like it, which would be very disappointing.

The deck plans on the website look to have it on there, but yeah I don't see where it would be when looking at the actual ship in the above video. Maybe they had to take it off when they realized it wouldn't be possible? Sometimes renderings aren't 100% correct. Just a guess.

I will say I do like the outside more now that I've seen it in person. Now I want to see the inside because when it first came out I wasn't a fan of all of the Disney IP's being shoved down your throat, but was willing to wait and see it in real life and not in a 3D drawing.

Hmm The deck plans on the DCL website for the Wish show a jogging track on deck 4?! ETA: Ok not sure what I was looking at lol I must have been on the wrong ship. It just says "Shipside promenade".
Yeah. In these videos it looks like the "Promenade" is just a short walking area under the lifeboats with stairs as you approach the bow leading to uncovered deck areas, and it doesn't go completely around the ship. This is a big design fail if you enjoy the ability to walk or run the decks of the Dream Class without being in the sun, without being on the pool deck or simply going for a walk outdoors if the weather is inclement. Adding stairs means a lot of people won't even be able to utilize the entire Promenade in one go. It also means walking/running traffic will be moving in both directions instead of primarily clockwise like it currently does. A lot of crew members use the Promenade as a jogging track to stay in shape too. It gives them the opportunity to get outside and exercise.

Yeah. In these videos it looks like the "Promenade" is just a short walking area under the lifeboats with stairs as you approach the bow leading to uncovered deck areas, and it doesn't go completely around the ship. This is a big design fail if you enjoy the ability to walk or run the decks of the Dream Class without being in the sun, without being on the pool deck or simply going for a walk outdoors if the weather is inclement. Adding stairs means a lot of people won't even be able to utilize the entire Promenade in one go. It also means walking/running traffic will be moving in both directions instead of primarily clockwise like it currently does. A lot of crew members use the Promenade as a jogging track to stay in shape too. It gives them the opportunity to get outside and exercise.
I do RunDisney events so I agree it's a weird choice that they skipped the jogging/walking track..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter