Disney Wish Food Is A Letdown?

I don't think I can say for sure as not all of the Wish activities were running. We got a sneak preview of two of the three shows and most of the night clubs were not running shoes and the atrium activities were limited due to filming. Senses Spa hands down on the Wish was the best.

Food opinions are so subjective. If you feel you have a refined palette and only like the best food, a cruise will probably not satisfy you. If you set the same dish before 10 people you will get 10 different reactions. I have been on 13 cruises (62 nights x 3 daily = 186 meals) meals) and had maybe 4 or 5 that I didn’t care for. They weren’t bad just not the best. They offer a variety of dishes so surely one should be suitable.
So true. Whatever your favorite restaurant or cruise ship food is, it won't take you long to find people who say they wouldn't feed it to their dog. I don't expect to be amazed by food on a cruise that's prepared banquet style for thousands of people. But like you I've had very few meals served to me on a cruise that I didn't enjoy or felt like it wasn't well prepared.

I wouldn't pay $1 to eat at Enchante because that's just not my kind of food or vibe. But others will absolutely love it and that's awesome. I'm looking forward to the Festival of Foods more than any of the restaurant menus I've seen, though they all look interesting as well. For cruise quick service it definitely looks like a notch above. I'll find out for myself in 75 days :)

I thought the Wish food overall was better than on the other DCL ships. Many items were the same as the other ships and a few new things. The quick service food was an absolute upgrade as well as Marceline Market.

MJ

Wish food wins simply for Donald’s Cantina.

We’ve had no complaints besides personal taste on the food. The marceline’s breakfast seems very the same each day but it’s good.

I never did get to try Donald's Cantina. I had breakfast in/from Marceline's 4 out of 5 of the mornings (usually just before they closed). I love the Asian-inspired station at breakfast with the congee and custom toppings. I also really liked the little charcuterie boards of smoked fish. At lunch time, the charcuterie boards are nearly identical to the Palo antipasto. Also, I just posted pictures of a couple of room service items in the Wish food photo thread. The spinach & feta pide was AMAZING.

I find all DCL food just "good". Sometimes not even good (looking at you Pirate Night). I find the menus old and stale and the food just OK. Nothing really excites me food-wise anymore - probably because we have been eating the same thing every cruise for about 8 years!

We recently cruised with Virgin Voyages and every meal we had in a restaurant was miles better than Disney - I actually commented I would pay for most restaura ts on VV. But, I don't necessarily cruise Disney for the food. Will see how we get on during our Wish cruise, we might not sail Disney much going forward - nickel and dining has arrived on the Ships after being in the parks so many years.the post-pandemic Disney Cruise Line is a more expensive vacation for a lighter version of everything that came.before.

So I just officially booked my first ever cruise and chose the Dream out of Miami for a 4 night merry time cruise. From all your feedback on this topic and other threads, here is what I based my decision on:

Beauty and The Beast show is a must see
Enchanted Garden looks BEAUTIFUL
The Wish has a bad layout, unfinished areas, is more expensive, mixed food reviews, Little Mermaid show is disappointing
Palo/Remy are more affordable on the Dream/Fantasy vs the Wish
I like a classic nautical theme

And the cherry on top was the price. It was cheaper for me to book an extra flight from my WDW vacation to the Dream then to book the Wish without a flight. And if it turns out that I love cruising, I’ll eventually try the Wish when they work out all the kinks.

The costs are the same for these restaurants on the Dream, the Fantasy, and the Wish. Enchante on the Wish has an optional menu that's more expensive than Remy's menu, but the normal menu is the same $125.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was $45 on the older ships and $125 on the Wish.

I’m on the Wish now and absolutely feel the food is better than the other ships all around. The deck food at Donald’s Cantina and the BBQ place were great (and I didn’t think the lines were any longer than what I’ve waited in for other ships). Marceline Market had some really nice lunch options I hadn’t seen on the other ships. However I will admit that it got pretty crowded at times. And the food at the MDRs was great as well. This ship has been my favorite as of 9 cruises in this regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter