"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

A few days ago I noticed my cancelled hotel reservation fell off my MDE. Now it only shows my new reservation. I was also able to successfully link 4 tickets on Sunday and then book FP+ for five park days this morning. While I still have cancelled dining ADRs showing, at least this is progress in the right direction.

It appears the mystery of what changed on the MDE that has caused all the problems .............................. tiered ticket prices have been announced and will be available to purchased on MDE starting October 16th.

Is this more than just issues with a poorly written MDE website/app? Is this database problem (Oracle ?), an integration issue, or just an aging infrastructure?

MDE is a huge system with many subsystems, some of which may be really old and some brand new... so it depends on the problem.

But just the same, when one tire goes flat on a car, the whole rest of the car quickly feels useless.

It appears the mystery of what changed on the MDE that has caused all the problems .............................. tiered ticket prices have been announced and will be available to purchased on MDE starting October 16th.
Yes this is what the chatter has been about on the Boards for a little while now-that the reason it's been sooo messed up lately is because they've been trying to integrate the new website features and ticketing structures.

Your 2 plus hour wait is not acceptable in my book. But now we will be relying on “seamless” MDE to purchase online the newly announced tickets priced by day of visit. All provided for guest satisfaction and enjoyment no doubt.

I am not happy, however since I now can see my magic bands (and my husbands is there, incidentally) and it looks like the canceled ADR's are gone I will give it a day or so and then I'll contact IT. I hope that I am not on hold that long now that the worst issues seem to be clearing up.

Woke up and thought I’d just have a peek at the MDE app since our FP day is on thursday. Everything is gone, but I’m logged in which I shouldn’t be. The ball of stress in my stomach is almost unbearable! Thanks Disney! :mad:
Reading this thread and I’m sorry I’m not the only one. I’m not sure what to do but I’m in Sweden and don’t feel like sitting on the phone for hours, if that would even help? Gonna try on the laptop in a few, sometimes that fixes everything but in this case I’m doubtful!

2 days until FP

Woke up and thought I’d just have a peek at the MDE app since our FP day is on thursday. Everything is gone, but I’m logged in which I shouldn’t be. The ball of stress in my stomach is almost unbearable! Thanks Disney! :mad:
Reading this thread and I’m sorry I’m not the only one. I’m not sure what to do but I’m in Sweden and don’t feel like sitting on the phone for hours, if that would even help? Gonna try on the laptop in a few, sometimes that fixes everything but in this case I’m doubtful!

2 days until FP

First, don't panic yet. Send an email message to Disney IT, I am so sorry I don't have the address. Then be ready to jump on the phone at 7 AM EST on the dot, but at 6 am look at the site. Mine looks good, with the exception of the guest issue. Maybe by that time your page will be fixed. I think they work during the night to try to have it normalized in the morning.

I still can't access FPs. My MB page is messed up too. My tickets are back. Are other people able to book FPs or is it just me? I've contacted IT a couple of times. They always answer that they know there are problems with MDE, they're working on it and have no time frame for when it will be fixed. I just wonder if others can access FPs. Is going to the new tiered ticketing system a plausible explanation for our MDE issues? I'm clueless on anything IT related.

I still can't access FPs. My MB page is messed up too. My tickets are back. Are other people able to book FPs or is it just me? I've contacted IT a couple of times. They always answer that they know there are problems with MDE, they're working on it and have no time frame for when it will be fixed. I just wonder if others can access FPs. Is going to the new tiered ticketing system a plausible explanation for our MDE issues? I'm clueless on anything IT related.

I also am not well versed in IT anything, but I believe that the new Ticket integration may have a lot to do with the problem. I picture a framework that was meant to hold an apartment building but then is converted to a skyscraper. In theory it was better to rip that poor foundation down and begin again, but the owner waits "no" so they builders get to work, inserting new beams, walls, wires and plumbing, while the tenants in the building are without water, lights and gas.

I hope they get it corrected quickly, it is truly screwing up planning for peole who have followed the very rules Disney has put into place. IMO Disney is not holding upi their end of the commitment very well.

Sigh.... it's my fast pass day... and of course after 2.5 hours I'm still struggling to get through them. And this is why I got up at 330 AM?? Frustrating system.

My guess on today's glitch:
1. Bird day people are storming the castle - just plain out traffic jam.
2. A "fix" was implemented by people that have no idea what they are doing, since they are not familiar with the different technologies they are integrating their "fix" into. If this is the case, then there's a chance that their contract is written in such a way, that they will be rewarded for fixing today's glitch. Lather, rinse, repeat, laugh.

Only a guess, it's actually an educated guess, but only a guess nonetheless.

2 days until FP

First, don't panic yet. Send an email message to Disney IT, I am so sorry I don't have the address. Then be ready to jump on the phone at 7 AM EST on the dot, but at 6 am look at the site. Mine looks good, with the exception of the guest issue. Maybe by that time your page will be fixed. I think they work during the night to try to have it normalized in the morning.

Their email address is wdw.helpdesk@disneyworld.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter