Disney weddings

SoleilLoca

planning our next Disney adventure down to the sma
I was just wondering how all you other disney brides (or grooms) are going to make your wedding a disney wedding, if at all?

Are you having your wedding at WDW? Or do you mean trying to add Disney touches to an at-home wedding?
Cheers!
Heather W

Hi! Our wedding was VERY Disney, since we had it at WDW :) It was truly perfect and magical, and very stress-free, the way only Disney could do it. As far as some specific Disney touches, the pavilion is full of hidden Mickeys, and we had the Mickey/Minnie cake topper. Our ceremony songs were all traditional, but our first dance was "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and the other songs played during our cake cutting were Disney songs.
After dinner at V&A's, we went on the Grand One yacht to watch the MK fireworks - again, very Disney.
Our invitations were Cinderella ones, and we didn't do this, but I have heard of some people making Mickey head confetti to use as table decorations. We also used plastic Cinderella slippers as placecard holders during dinner.
Some of these, you could do with an at-home wedding, but others (like V&A's, the wedding pavilion, or the MK fireworks) can only be done at WDW.
Cheers!
Heather W
8/5/02

We're still finishing up the details. We're having our wedding at home. Mickey/Minnie Cake Topper. DJ will play some Disney songs. We'll add some other Disney touches.
Neat idea about the slippers there Heather, we may have to borrow that one from you ;)
Btw, maybe we'll see you at the world on our Honeymoon.

Hi! I forgot to add 2 other Disney touches that we had. My bouquet had Mickey head pearls inside the stephanotis. If you want to see pictures, you can go to www.geocities.com/hpandaw and click on the Photos link. I also had Mickey head pearls on my veil. My veil was the Fallon veil from eBay, decorated with triple pearl clusters. Right now, they're only selling the Fallon veil with crystals, but here is a link to another veil by the same seller that has the triple pearls:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15719&item=2819717911
They are so cute - really add a subtle touch, with the trio forming a Mickey head.
Cheers!
Heather W

It's a great pic...I was just curious bc there's a photographer here in my town who sends out a postcard w/ info on it, and the pic on the postcard just happens to be you. it's a great pic, tho.

btw, i love that idea about the mickey head pearls...I might have to borrow that *wink wink*

Hi! Does a photographer in Ohio really have a photo of us? Or do you think it's just a similar one? That's so bizarre! Ours were taken by Randy Chapman for our WDW wedding, so how random if the photographer there really has our picture! Pretty cool, though :)
Oh, and if you want to see the closeup of the Mickey Head stephanotis, it's in the Wedding Day Photos of our Ofoto album. Here's the link to the closeup shot:
http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?...592803&collid=97722073503&photoid=29838773503
Cheers!
Heather W

I'm almost positive that's you on the postcard I got...I remember it bc I thought it was such a cute pic, and I remember thinking "wow, this guy's good!" I have to find the postcard (we decided not to go w/ that guy, I'm not sure I still have it) to be 100%...how weird would that be? I guess it would prove it truly is a small world! LOL

those pearls are just adorable...

It just occured to me that I started this thread but haven't given any hints as to my 'disney' wedding..I'm a cinderella collector, so that's going to be the theme-and no, as much as I try, I can't convince FH to wear red pants w/ an Ivory jacket. :p but my dress isn't very cinderella-ish, anyway. We're having cinderella invitations, and some of my collectibles on the cake table/guest book table, and of course, on top of the cake itself goes the first cinderella/prince charming FH bought me. (all together now...awwww!) The centerpieces are castles, and the guest favors are pumpkin ornaments. We were going to do the shoes/w the candy inside but (and I'm not trying to offend anyone!!) I feel that's a little overdone. I like to do things differently...anyway, we're coming in to the reception to "so this is love", but our first dance won't be to "a dream is a wish"...we're dancing to that w/ the whole bridal party. And later on in the reception, i think just before we leave for the honeymoon, we're going to put on our bride/groom mouse ears and have some pictures taken in our wedding gear. and I might just have to have little mickey heads in my wedding bouquet. :teeth:

sorry for such a long thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter