Disney Wedding Cake costs

disbridemimi

DIS Veteran
How much was your cake?
ANy pics of it?
How many people did it feed?
Any extra fees to move or deliver it?

I am leaning towards SOG right now, but I want to pick a Disney Cake, and Im trying to figure out how much to budget for 40ish people. :)

We had a two tier mad hatter. The original fee is $450.00.

Wedding Cake.............$479.50 (2 tier Mad Hatter)-includes tax/service charge
Wedding Cake Handling Fee....$94.50

42052.jpg

I'm just back from my planning session (wishes wedding) and they said it's about $13.50 per person for a fondant cake and from $8.50 per person for a butter cream cake. The minimum size cake they make serves 50 people. The fondant is used for the more detailed cakes, I guess :confused:...of course, that's the cake I had in mind, go figure..:rolleyes:

so roughly 425-650 for 50 ppl and up from there

what fees do they add on?

TY for your help :)

I won't have my BEO for a couple of days so I'm not sure about the extra fees; I would think the $94.50 DisneyBride Tony mentioned would be about right. Our cake is going to have 2 layers plus the top layer to take home. It would serve 60 and my planner was guessing in the $700 range...this is the photo I gave her (we'd be getting a square cake though)..
20080531213953-779778.jpg

We are cutting out the 2nd layer down. I'll let you know when I get the actual price :flower3: The way I understand it, the less detail on the cake, the more likely that they can do it in butter cream and thats the cheapest way to go....and we tasted the butter cream, it was awesome!

I don't have my cake yet but we are being charged $1100 for a 3 tier fondant cake that feeds 65 people. The handling fee is $124.00

so roughly 425-650 for 50 ppl and up from there

what fees do they add on?

TY for your help :)

The handling fees vary by location, and if your event is held at the Grand Floridian, there is no fee because the cake is made right there.

Our 3-tier cake cost $725 + $47.13 tax = $772.13 and there was a $145 handling fee + $9.43 tax = $154.43 for delivery to the Attic at the BoardWalk.

In comparison, when we had a one-layer cake delivered to Epcot for our anniversary, the handling fee was $75 + tax.

0954_2095N.jpg

does anyone know, can you have a small cake and then a sheet cake "behind the scenes" to feed the guests? I bet this would cut down the cost a bit if I am correct?:confused3

Does anyone who has the cake price list happen to know the price per slice of the "Happily Ever After" Cake? Its my favorite! Thanks!

does anyone know, can you have a small cake and then a sheet cake "behind the scenes" to feed the guests? I bet this would cut down the cost a bit if I am correct?:confused3

Yes, I have heard of other brides doing this, but for some reason with Disney it didnt seem to be a huge savings.

Yes - you can totally do this. I think the reason more people don't do it is that they want the showstopping look of a big cake.

Sheet cake prices:

1/4 sheet (25 people): $55
1/2 sheet (50 people): $80
Full sheet (100 people): $120

Does anyone who has the cake price list happen to know the price per slice of the "Happily Ever After" Cake? Its my favorite! Thanks!

The Happily Ever After cake as it is usually pictured (4 tiers) serves 130 people and costs $12.50pp, so that's $1,625 before tax and handling fees. However, the guest count minimum is 50-200, so you could do a smaller version for less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter