Disney website - someone should be fired

Can you tell me how you are accessing the old site? Last week I could see both sites, but now I can only get to the new site. I've used multiple browsers on multiple computers and tried getting to the website via different URLs and I end up at the new website every time.

And I agree with you. I work in IT and this is the kind of debacle that people lose their jobs over.

I think what happened is I haven't closed my Chrome browser since I last accessed the old Disney.go.com site. That's the only reason I can think of--the cookies haven't cleared and WDW still hasn't taken down the old site. I actually have both open simultaneously, the old site in Chrome and the new site in Firefox. And I'm signed in on both. I'm kinda scared to close Chrome and see what happens ;) It's not the URL, because I can copy it from Chrome and it automatically opens the new site without even a redirect.

Sorry I can't be more help--there's probably no way to access the old site anymore unless you already have access to it.

It's weird... I cannot access one of my two trips on the site using my computer, however using the same website on the ipad it shows both and i can make payments etc etc...strange.

As of now the only way I can access the old site is on my iPad using either Safari or Chrome. All other attempts to access give me the new site.

Interestingly, I get the new site (full site) in Chrome or Safari on my iPhone if I type in disneyworld.disney.go.com and the new site (mobile version) if I type in disneyworld.com. But disneyworld.com actually redirects to m.disneyworld.disney.go.com. :confused3 That probably shouldn't happen--they should both redirect to the mobile site.

Website Worse Than Useless

I manually input dining reservations, including prepaid (Hoop Dee Doo) and credit card guaranteed (California Grill). While all reservations are acknowledged and found when I go through this tedious process, fewer than half attach to my itinerary.

This new web site WAS NOT READY for launch!!! It is a time-consuming process to get ready for a Disney vacation, and this site eats up customer time.

Love you, Disney!!! But, boy, did you ever mess this up!!!

Website Worse Than Useless

I manually input dining reservations, including prepaid (Hoop Dee Doo) and credit card guaranteed (California Grill). While all reservations are acknowledged and found when I go through this tedious process, fewer than half attach to my itinerary.

This new web site WAS NOT READY for launch!!! It is a time-consuming process to get ready for a Disney vacation, and this site eats up customer time.

Love you, Disney!!! But, boy, did you ever mess this up!!!

You took the words right out my mouth! I have manually inputted the same reservation at least 12 times, it's acknowledged, and never attaches to my itinerary. :furious: And this is helpful how???

Still working on it myself. Trying to figure out how to fill out the itinerary portion of my experience.

The site hasn't always been crumby. Back several years ago, it was great, with detailed pages on each attraction, and easy resort/package booking options.

But, like with everything else, some executive got big eyes when the tech weenies showed him or her a shiny object, and we get to suffer for it.

Beta tests are all well and good, but there is a reason why every other version of Windows is good and the one before it stinks. . .you have to have a broad sample on your beta tests (seriously. . .Windows 95 bad, 98 good, ME horrible, XP great, Vista disaster, 7 amazing)

As a stockholder i'm so displeased by the sight. I wonder whose ideal this was. I have windows seven and internet explorer and a had to change over to firefox because i could not get into it. However the new sight i can with internet explorer. I think we should flood disney with emails and phone calls this is no way for a sight to be run.:mic::(

You took the words right out my mouth! I have manually inputted the same reservation at least 12 times, it's acknowledged, and never attaches to my itinerary. :furious: And this is helpful how???

Same here. I find it frustrating and a complete waste of my time!

Can anyone tell me how to get from step one to step two on the
"Create an Account The sign-in process for Disney accounts has been changed. In order to access your account, please provide the requested information." page?

I've had an account forever, but I can't find a place to hit enter and move to the next page. I only see a cancel button on the left bottom.

Exact same problem here. The "Next" button stayed grayed out. Any solution?

Highly disappointed!!! I had depended on the old site to keep track of all my ADRs and of course, I can't find a one for the January or May trip.

Now, I guess I have to look back through all the old emails to reconstruct the dining times, etc. There were several that I needed to cancel.

How do you even find your current reservations that you made on the new site? I was able to make a couple but can not even find them now?? I also can not find the area to manually input current reservations? I really hate this site.

I am going to try the different time frames for my reservtions see if it helps at all...

Quick question, are they (Disney) going to transfer ressies made on the previous system over eventually, or is the manual transfer the ONLY way?..

The only reason I ask this is because wonderful Microsoft per it's usual once every 2 month weird screw up it does for me has frozen the Hotmail account I use for stuff like that, and now I don't have access to my ADRs TO enter into the wonky new system.. :headache:

Oh man, that's awful. I'm so sorry. In your situation I would call them, with a nice pad of paper and pen ready, and ask them for all of your information.

I keep emails, send them to my gmail, write them down in my passporter, write them down in my notebook, write them down in another little notebook I am thinking of taking to the parks. I would have to have Very Bad things happen to lose them all, but if I did, I'd call.

That's a good question. Personally I was wondering why in the world they wouldn't have done that in the first place? Why would they make guests re-link.

Exactly what I've been saying. Kind of the FIRST thing I would have made sure to do, if I were changing from one site to another!

I never use their websites. I always just call to make all reservations.

I really dislike calling. They are always pleasant, but still. I would much rather do it on my own.

I just spoke with someone via the online chat and this is what they said.

they said "resort reservations are currently in the process of being added to the new website. I do recommend trying to add your resort in the next 48 hours; if you are still unable to add your resort reservation please chat with us again or give us a call at 407-939-4357"...

If the reservations are currently in the process of being added *by them*, WHY WHY WHY should WE add them? Why not ask us to check back in 48 hours when it should all be done? Their response makes no sense. And I do wonder what they will do or say when it's not up and you call them back?

I couldn't find very many good things to say, except the photos are nice. :)

Last week someone showed a screenshot. They put a picture of Pop in the second for All Star Movies. (or vice versa. I've never been to either, going by what the Dis'er said was wrong with the picture) Nice pictures...99% wrong (it *was* in the resort section...could have been in the attractions section) placement. Go Disney!

Wow! There are a lot of opinions around here, makes me want to not come on this website at all. :( All I'm going to say is I'm not excusing their problems with their sites, we experience the same frustrations you all do as Disney fans. I'm not excusing it, I just want everyone to know that for every glitch there are tons of people working on it, their lives interrupted to fix the issue..... Technology is technology, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But think about the traffic those websites experience, there's bound to be some issues. My husband is not the one who makes the decisions. As in any other company, it's the managers who ultimately make the decisions and sometimes they're out of touch with the reality of those decisions.

A thought.

When I read, here, of specific difficulties people are having with the website and products that DH works with, I copy and paste those things, and send them to him. So his department is AWARE of the problems, possibly before the Dis'ers' emails and calls get to CS, and before those calls are listened to and coded and sent on, and definitely before the info is sent to the people who can look at the stack of problems to realize it IS a problem.

It feels RIGHT to do this.

I recommend that sort of reaction.

I have to explain why these posts crack me up so much.

I've applied for jobs at Disney as a web developer and they will not hire me because I do not have a college degree. I do have over 10 years of hands on experience though performing actual development (not just cute html stuff) for a Fortune FIFTY (not 500, more elite) company. I've got copies of my annual reviews showing that I consistently go way above and beyond my requirements.

So....now what I'm reading here is that I'm not good enough for Disney with 10 years of hands on experience utilizing the exact same software and applications that they do, yet their wonderfully college educated staff cannot keep up with current web based requirements?

:rotfl2: That's AWESOME!!!

I will say I had trouble with the site as well until today and that all new webpage launchings have issues (I know they have a QA system to test in). This morning I was able to get through the site rather easily. That being said, I sure hope the seven freaking dining reservations I loaded in stay there!!

OK, I forgot to add too.....

I used to have a heck of a time getting the old website to hold reservations as well and I REALLY like the way you set up room/dining reservations now too. Its MUCH easier to do price comparisons with the new version.

I'm generally easy going but the debacle that has been the Disney website change is irritating and mind-boggling. Over the last several days I've managed to book a vacation and dining reservations but not without multiple messages stating the server was busy, the website was down or my reservations could not be retrieved, in addition to several phone calls involving lengthy waits and sketchy connections. How can a company as profitable as Disney not test a website before launch and not promptly fix any bugs? I'm assuming Disney doesn't care about their customers' satisfaction.

Don't hold your breath that this will change back. I took the survey, and didn't give this new web site any high marks. When Disney makes changes they will not change back, no matter what. TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

Pretty harsh title for someone who claims to be generally easy going. Is it really that bad?
I know the changes are bad, in typical Disney IT style, but to want someone fired - Take a Deep Breathe and relax a bit.

Yep, when you screw something up this bad, you should loose your job.TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

Has anyone been having problems with the "link to verify guests" last page on linking resorts? It refuses to add my ds's name and dh's and everything I have tried still won't work... :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter