Disney Waives Change Fees

So if I used my banked points from last year to book my March 2020 vacation what happens now?

I don’t think they can do anything about banked points because they can’t bank again. But right now it sounds like people need to call and find out what they are doing.

So if I used my banked points from last year to book my March 2020 vacation what happens now? It would usually go into a holding account and you can only book a new vacation 60 days out during your use year. Is Disney finally loosening up on the 60 day limitation?
I was in the same boat and was able to log onto the DVC Member site and change my reservation to May. The leftover points went back into the normal UY and not into holding (even though the standard message about holding was at the bottom of the form when I hit submit).

So if I used my banked points from last year to book my March 2020 vacation what happens now? It would usually go into a holding account and you can only book a new vacation 60 days out during your use year. Is Disney finally loosening up on the 60 day limitation?

They are for this situation. its Not a change in policy

I was in the same situation. I just got off the phone with MS, and the banked 2019 points and 2020 points went directly back into my account immediately, no holding. I now have all of those points in 2020. They are very accommodating and eager to please right now if you have a reservation that falls in the last two weeks of March.

After finally getting through late this afternoon, a very nice CM (Magdalene) took care of my reservation quickly and efficiently. We were booked for 8 nights starting March 26th with 93 points from this year and 101 borrowed from next year. Once I told her I wanted to cancel, she put the 93 back into this year and I can either use them or bank them into next year. She said she filled out a form that might take a couple weeks to process due to the amount of transactions being processed, but the 101 points will be put back into 2021. Not a second of hesitation or questioning and no hint at putting the points into holding. I got the sense that they were trying to quickly satisfy my request and were looking to move on to helping the next guest. I was very pleased with the customer service.

I was in the same situation. I just got off the phone with MS, and the banked 2019 points and 2020 points went directly back into my account immediately, no holding. I now have all of those points in 2020. They are very accommodating and eager to please right now if you have a reservation that falls in the last two weeks of March.
They cancelled our reservation and all points went into 2020! No holding. I just rebooked our vacation for the fall. Thank you 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter