Disney Visa?

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
I just noticed that if I paid with my Disney Visa in full for our cruise we will get $50 OBC. I had secured our reservation for our cruise with our MC. Can I later on have DCL credit my MC the deposit and charge the full cruise on my Disney Visa to get the $50 OBC?

Thanks.
Minybear

I think the only way you will be able to get the OBC is to cancel and then rebook with your Disney Visa. The entire balance has to be paid with your visa. It's always worth a try though.:goodvibes

I agree with disneypoor. You'd have to cancel and rebook. If you just booked recently, that might be okay but if prices have gone up, you may just need to stay with what you have and miss the $50 onboard credit. Plus, not sure if there is a special booking code you have to put in when you make the reservation.

I think the only way you will be able to get the OBC is to cancel and then rebook with your Disney Visa. The entire balance has to be paid with your visa. It's always worth a try though.:goodvibes

That is what I was thinking I would do. Our prices hasn't gone up since I booked. So if I rebook it should be ok.

Thanks.

Just call DCL and explain the situation & what you want to do. I did the exact thing earlier this year & it worked out ok. The CM charged the deposit amout to the Disney Visa & then refunded the original payment method & there was no need to cancel and rebook.

I have noticed though that the Disney Visa OBC does not automatically appear, you have to ask for it...sometimes, more than once.

Just call DCL and explain the situation & what you want to do. I did the exact thing earlier this year & it worked out ok. The CM charged the deposit amout to the Disney Visa & then refunded the original payment method & there was no need to cancel and rebook.

I have noticed though that the Disney Visa OBC does not automatically appear, you have to ask for it...sometimes, more than once.

I called DCL today after I posted this question and the CM who was very nice and full of information. The CM advised me that the 2011 discounts hasnt been released so unknown about the OBC, but if it does come I can easily have them credit my MC and charge my Disney Visa. No problem.

Thanks for letting me know that the OBC doesn't automatically appear!!!! When I transfer this resv to DU they will handle that. :goodvibes

Minybear

I called DCL today after I posted this question and the CM who was very nice and full of information. The CM advised me that the 2011 discounts hasnt been released so unknown about the OBC, but if it does come I can easily have them credit my MC and charge my Disney Visa. No problem.

Does anyone know if the 2011 Disney Visa credit/promotions have been released yet. We already have a cruise booked, but we are considering opening the DV and transferring the deposit to get the OBC.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the 2011 Disney Visa credit/promotions have been released yet. We already have a cruise booked, but we are considering opening the DV and transferring the deposit to get the OBC.

Thanks.

I only see 2010 rewards. It appears to me that 2011 hasn't been released.

Thanks.

Even if they don't offer the OBC you still get 0% interest for 6 months plus you earn rewards on any amount charged to your credit card. So you will have some sort of 'free' money to spend on the cruise by way of the rewards you earn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter