Disney Visa Summer Discount

Is the $3257 before "subtracting out" the $600 dining credit? If not, then it is only $1 difference and I would find it very easy to spend the $600 on food! Going later in September and have a $1500 credit (dates not available for the Visa discount even though I have one). I'm surprised the discounts are so high! Nice for people who are visiting.

Yes, so it’s basically no better of a deal for me so we’re sticking with the gift card promo. I have no doubt we’ll spend $600 on food in Disney :rotfl:We like to do some sit down dinners.

We’d also have to switch to BWI in order to get 35% off for our dates. BC and YC are only 25% off.

Yes, so it’s basically no better of a deal for me so we’re sticking with the gift card promo. I have no doubt we’ll spend $600 on food in Disney :rotfl:We like to do some sit down dinners.

We’d also have to switch to BWI in order to get 35% off for our dates. BC and YC are only 25% off.
Enjoy! And in my mind, the gift card promo seems to take away a little of the guilt of spending a lot on Disney food! Maybe try a restaurant I wouldn't normally since I'm not "paying" for it, even though I am.

Did you call to check? Sometimes the discount will apply as long as one night is within the date range. I have the dining credit offer booked and our first night is the last day of the offer but it does apply to our entire stay. Not going during the Visa promotion.

For some package discounts, like the old free dining or the current dining gift card package, you just have to check in during the included dates. But that does not work with room discounts. The only nights discounted are the ones included in the promo period.

I wonder how this works if you already have the dining offer booked under another credit card? God, I hate to have to call them and cancel a reservation I have had for almost a year just to rebook with the Disney Visa card.
We had dining offer booked at the GF for 6 nights and I booked this offer and it's going to save us over $1K. I just booked the Visa offer first and then cancelled right online. I do it all the time. Very easy. PS-I am going to buy a different theme park pass for my husband who would rather hang out at the pool, which saved me a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:
Trying really hard to not over analyze the discount is blocked for the week I'm going in August. Of course, I don't have a Disney Visa, so no issues for me on that front. Hopefully it will be offered during the the general public offer.

I just find it hard to believe that bookings are soft in the summer except for that week. I can understand the week after the July 4th holiday. Perhaps that is when MNSSHP is starting? That is the only other thing I could think of.
Same haha. What is going on that specific week that they didn't need to include it, but yet July is included? yikes lol

I called Disney back a second time (after being told no more rooms at wilderness lodge under visa discount rate) and the cast member talked w guest services who magically found me a room at wilderness lodge. Yippee! Saved $100

Last edited:
I ended up changing to this offer instead of the gift card one. With a little shuffling of dates I got BWI club level plus tickets for the same price as I had BC with the gift card. I just love club level. :cool1:

How do i try to get this added to my reservation, if i bought tickets and reserved a room via Undercover Tourist, rather than with Disney's website directly? I bought them separately, i.e. not as a package, and i have everything already linked on MDE, but i'm not sure how to try to get this discount? We are staying at AS Sports and our dates are within the promo period. Thanks!

How do i try to get this added to my reservation, if i bought tickets and reserved a room via Undercover Tourist, rather than with Disney's website directly? I bought them separately, i.e. not as a package, and i have everything already linked on MDE, but i'm not sure how to try to get this discount? We are staying at AS Sports and our dates are within the promo period. Thanks!

Can you cancel the room with UC and rebook it through Disney directly?

I don't book third party so idk if they would still honor Disney discounts but I would call UT and see. If not then just cancel and rebook with Disney on your Visa.

If not then just cancel and rebook with Disney on your Visa.
I would book with the Disney Visa first, then cancel the UT reservation, assuming you have the available credit. I would be worried about "my" visa discount room selling out while I was calling to cancel my other reservation.

I have cancelled a UT reservation when a better discount from Disney came out. The refund posted to my CC within 4 days.

Does anyone know the best way to apply for a card- use it towards our bill and take advantage of discount? Plus they are offering 300 credit towards bill after spending 1000.

Should I call chase to apply over disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter